Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Happy Guild (Earthbound)

Back to Guilds

A true Earthbound guild dedicated to the love of blue. 

Tags: Earthbound, Happy Happy Village, Mother 2, Super Smash, Blue 

Reply Happy Happy Guild
Has anyone else...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Icy Wynter Rayn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:32 pm
Done this trick:
When you first play as Jeff, and you leave the school, am I the only one that fights around in the area to get cookies and Bread rolls, so I can sell them? I also sell the Bottle Rocket, the defense spray can (which you get after he fixes the broken spray can) and various other items in my inventory all in order to buy the T-rex bat early?
It's really good to have early on, but it takes a long time to earn 698 dollars.

Anyone?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:38 pm
I've managed to do that xD
lol, I didn't need a new weapon until I think somewhere around the tenda area.. I'm not too sure...  

Ritorin

Dedicated Receiver

8,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Brandisher 100

Launcher
Captain

Wheezing Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:38 pm
I never took the time to do that. Honestly that little part where Jeff is alone I always want to get through as quickly as possible.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:43 am
I've done it a few times, when I was trying to level him it. It makes a great difference when Ness Equips it. So if I feel up to it I do it.  

Icy Wynter Rayn

spookykoopas

4,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:55 pm
I generally wait until then and tough it with my lesser equipment so I can just buy it without having to go through all the selling stuff nonsense.
Makes everything until the next better bat easier.
Much, MUCH easier.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:44 pm
hmm i never tried it i usely rush through that part  

Flyheight

Distinct Spotter

Mirakki
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:33 pm
It is a good way to level him up. That one is a challenge that i've done a couple of times.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:03 pm
Well I had to sell some of my cookies cuz it made my goods full... but i never tried to earn money to buy stuff in Winters  

Lizzy Hhe

Witty Friend

Pirra-chan

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:38 am
Launcher
I never took the time to do that. Honestly that little part where Jeff is alone I always want to get through as quickly as possible.

I'm with him. Playing solo with Jeff is so hard, I can't count the times I got my head handed to me.

And that bubble monkey is no help at all!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:09 am
I tried to do that but my patience ran pretty thin. I think I made it to 47 dollars sad When Jeff joined my party he had the highest level out of everyone, too, and now he's the lowest (even though there were a few boss battles afterwards where he was the only one that got EXP! Why does Jeff have to level so slowly?! scream )

@Pirra-chan the bubble monkey actually does seem to get stronger as Jeff levelled up. I remember one time I was fighting 2 monsters at once and the monkey took one out xd  

Ness from Onett

Pirra-chan

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 pm
Ness from Onett
@Pirra-chan the bubble monkey actually does seem to get stronger as Jeff levelled up. I remember one time I was fighting 2 monsters at once and the monkey took one out xd

Is that true? Well, I only noticed him dealing 1 damage to every enemy, which is pretty puny.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 pm
I've done that one before without noticing. I've also beat that area with no equipment which is pretty tough because Jeff sucks and leveling him up with no equip sucks bad. You think you avoid all enemies through Winters but you'll run into a Duck or some Plasms.

Mirakki
Crew

Innsane Cultist

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 am
XD once im not alone yay!  
Happy Happy Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff