Submit

Backwards
  sdrawroF
View Results

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:43 am
Like a father to impress, like a mother's mourning dress

Click the video link under the first picture.

My friend and I decided to go downtown tonight with the kids. We stopped at "Gateway transit center" to change Sierra at the Kohls. Then we walked to the transit center and saw a MAX just sitting there. I asked one of the transit police if the MAX was gonna go downtown and he said we had to take a shuttle bus.

When we passed 82nd ave. (one of the major MAX stops) we asked the bus driver if we could catch the MAX and he said no. Then someone sitting near us said that someone was hit by the MAX there. We saw the whole area taped off and police all along there! It was crazy! They shut down all the stops between the Lloyd center (a local mall) and Gateway. That's like three or four stops!

And about a week or so ago, at the Gresham Transit center, an elderly man got off the MAX stop and was harassed by some kids. Then one of the kids, a 15 yr old boy, took out a bat from under his coat and started beating the man and left him unconscious at a crosswalk! Now Trimet (The train aka MAX and bus system in Portland) is beefing up security and such. They really should... we have like 34 officer positions and only like 29 of them are filled. Compared to another city with a similar transit system that has like 200! eek

But what's scary is I go to those stops! Frequently! I go to Gresham transit center to get to the clinic and such. And I go to 82nd to catch the MAX to the mall...

If you ever make a mess, I'll do anything for you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:38 pm
I feel like I should be surprised by how stupid teenagers are, but I'm really not. >/  

Woobaba the Oobado

// *Stabs bags*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff