Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
A Redwall RTS.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Best User Ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:49 pm
Think about it, a Redwall Real Time Stratagy Game.

There could be 3 factions.

Woodlanders
Vermin
Reptiles

The woodlanders side would start in a walled castle, not unlike Redwall Abby, and be able to build within the castle space.

Vermin begin in a fort with wooden stake walls.

Reptiles would be the only faction without walls, but they can build traps and their units are aquatic.

Heroes
----

Factions can have 1 hero per game, they can revive and level that hero.
Units for each faction:

Woodlanders
-------------------------------

Barracks- Mouse solider, Hedgehog (Hedgehogs do damage to melee attackers over time), Mouse healer

Tree hall- Squirrel archer (Squirrel archers can garrison in trees and attack)

Mole Workshop- Mole enginers (Dig traps and tunnels)

Otter pond- (All otter units are aquatic) Otter javleneer (Cannot garrison in trees, Short range) Otter slinger (miss occasionly, fast build, low damage)

Badger camp- Badger fighter (Strong and expensive, can only have 6, immune to slings)

Hare barracks- Hare footfighter (Low damage, high chance to dodge attacks) Long Patrol Hare (Heavy armor, immune to slings)

Shrew Hut- Shrew solider (Weak unit, best in numbers or ambushes and can hide near trees)

Vermin
--------------------------

Rat pit- Rat soliders and Rat archers (Weak units, cheap and best used in numbers)

Stoat camp- Stoat slingers (like otter slingers, but can evade melee attacks)

Weasel barracks- Weasel spearmen (good vs Badgers, Wolverines, and snakes) Ferrets (can evade attacks)

Wolverine cave- Wolverines (simmular to Badgers, can only have 6)

Fox tribe- Fox archer, Fox healer,

Reptiles
---------------
(few heroes)

Frog pool- Frog solider, Toad slinger (Frogs and Toads have excellant armor)

Rocky crag- Lizard spearman (good vs. Badgers, Wolverines, and Snakes)

Snake's lair- Snakes (can only have 6, poisen attack, stuns units with fear)

Docks- (can be built outside the castle, but only on water) Eel, Pike, and sharks (can only have 1 shark)

--------------------------------------------------------

Tell me if I was missing anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:02 am
It should be Star Wars Battlefront 2 style which is kind of like rts accept its 3rd person shooter. and you have to capture cammand post and there are heroes for each side youcan play as like Matthias, Cluny, Martin, Asmodeuss etc  

Sireez

Urban Sniper Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:00 pm
Maybe a mix of Starcraft style and Battlefront style? So you could be a commanding soldier for whichever side and create units, buildings, etc. from a first or third person view, you could also create weapons and armor for yourself to pickup. If anyone has ever played Battlezone 1 or 2, thats what could be like.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:22 am
Perhaps the heroes could be Chieftains. Such as a Log a Log, Skipper of Otters, Foremole, Abbot, or Badgerlord for the woodlanders. The vermin could have a warlord, slaver, conqueror, or corsair captain. The reptiles could have a large adder, a toad king, a snakefish, or a sea serpent. Each hero would have its own attributes, abilities, and upgrades for the troops.  

SirGriffinEkio

XisTiger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:15 pm
The Game Reminds me more of a Warcraft 3 sort of game combined with the commanding technique of Star Wars Battle Front. It really is a good idea for a game though. I wish amking games were easy. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:15 am
The only way I know of that that could possibly be done is a TC (total conversion) for one of the existing games. There is actually already a game out there that's fairly easy to mod, that has all the features you folks have been mentioning: Battle for Middle Earth I.

It would actually work really well; It would just require someone with the modding ability to create all the meshes and textures (don't look at me, I've never even tried to mod BFME).  

Headmaster Sheef

Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff