Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
Eulalia! (Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laetho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:46 pm
ok, so the new book is out, what are your views on it?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 pm
I really liked Eulalia!... the only thing I would've liked better is if the characters had a harder time defeating the vermin hordes. All the Redwallers showing up there at the end was just kind of simple and fast.

There were no significant deaths in the book (Except one, sort of) which made it a little devoid of emotional impact.

The Gorath+ the female badger whose name escapes me at this point = way too fast and awkward. But then I was never a fan of love at first sight.

Maudie was a good, solid central figure in the story. I enjoyed her immensely. Yay for hares!

Rangvul was definitely my favorite character. His carefree, rogue personality was quite fun. His friendly fascination with Maudie was completely adorable, too.

My favorite part of the book was when Maudie knocked out Osbil to save him from marching out to his death. It was equally as excellent that only Rangvul realized what had happened.

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

Valencia Glitterspark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:10 pm
Rangval is the awesome. Like, he just jumped to the top of my favorites list, he's so cool.

Er, ahem. I thought it was alright, and much better than High Rhulain, even though it took me three weeks to read it (I stopped to read Starcross and The Penultimate Peril) I liked the fact that Gorath turned down the Bloodwrath in his final battly thing, but his revenge wasn't a very long fight.

And I still don't know how Gruntan Kurdly got into and kept power, let alone what the Kurdlys are. I guess we'll never find out.

OVERALL: Pretty good, but not better than Mossflower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:42 pm
Quote:
And I still don't know how Gruntan Kurdly got into and kept power, let alone what the Kurdlys are. I guess we'll never find out.

The weirdest people stay in power. It's beyond me how they do it. Getting a dose of The Kurdly's is what he called it when someone POed him enough for him to knock them off. I think... I might need some canfirmation on that.

Maudie and Rangval were some of the best characters ever.

I think Kurdly certainly met a fitting end, I mean seriously, who goes up against a swan? Those things a VICIOUS.  

Sarrel Taviks

5,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lunarasea

Dapper Fatcat

9,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:22 pm
Strictly speaking, Eulalia really didn't seem like such a great book to me. The whole storyline, characters...I think I'm either getting too used to them, or the storyline really is too plain. I read it a long time ago, and my memory isn't that fresh, but I do remember enjoying the bits about the villains stampeding one another. That was hilarious.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:35 am
Did I kill this thread? xp  

Lunarasea

Dapper Fatcat

9,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash