Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Earth Week Forum! Competition closed, winners announced!
Trash Talk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 am
It has to be said, Sleeping_Bear, I don't love the implication (even in jest) that I am, or that anyone else is cheating. It's just not a nice thing to say. For sure I want my team to win (Go team 5) and am spending a bunch of gold as well as all my spare time on collecting items for the competition (which is being held to benefit the guild) but when it comes down to it? They are just pixels, I would never stoop that low.

(Oh, and all of the mods have access to MMM, not just me.)

I know you said you were only joking, but on the off chance that other people are thinking the same way, I felt I needed to address it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 am
No, off I go to the marketplace!  

Doressa
Captain

Sleeping_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:34 am
I know better than to even think you would cheat, after all, this is all in fun. Please accept my most humble apologies if I offended you. After all, how much more "trash talk" can one get than accusing their opponants of underhanded dirty tricks. Ain't that what trashing someone is all about?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:53 pm
You're right, that is some pretty low trash talk right there!

Sorry if you feel I overreacted, but as I said, I had to say something about it, just in case anyone else had had similar thoughts. Plus, it's just a really nasty feeling when someone says something like that. It made me feel sick!  

Doressa
Captain

Super Buick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:30 pm
wooo! go team 2! we're in the lead!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm
Doressa
You're right, that is some pretty low trash talk right there!

Sorry if you feel I overreacted, but as I said, I had to say something about it, just in case anyone else had had similar thoughts. Plus, it's just a really nasty feeling when someone says something like that. It made me feel sick!

I'm really paranoid when I'm in Main Man mode I'm going to miscount.

I felt bad, earlier between two medical appointments and with three hours of sleep I was posting one of the receipts and accidentally forgot to add some of the team's points.

Then I saw a message in Main Man's in box and I thought "oh no! Someone is angry already!" (I was already fixing the blooper). Luckily it was just an inquiry about what is being accepted and not.

I also wanted to note that if some trades are getting finalized before others it's not preferential treatments on behalf of the mods. I know the other mods especially are working over time on this event. Unfortunately, some of us (well at least myself) are only logging in briefly when we can, and only processing about one trade or so at a time.

I might have to delegate working on the simpler trades first (i.e. if there are only one or two items so it takes less time doing inventory). Hopefully I can play more catch up on Thursday.

Perhaps we (the mod folks) could make a sticky about our available hours this week? That way everyone can know when someone will be around to process trades and also who will be available to answer questions about the event.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:47 pm
Just process what you can, when you can. You guys are really wonderful for doing all this biggrin 3nodding heart

That being said, no way are we going to let team 2 win. GO TEAM 5!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:52 am
Just wanted to say, it was fun this past week and we all pulled together as a guild to do this, so I just wanted to say, thanks to everyone who helped and had fun. Hope to still hear from my teammates (Team 5) and hear from the other teams.  

lunar_kit2

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:00 pm
lunar_kit2
Just wanted to say, it was fun this past week and we all pulled together as a guild to do this, so I just wanted to say, thanks to everyone who helped and had fun. Hope to still hear from my teammates (Team 5) and hear from the other teams.

You'll definitely still hear from me!

And thankyou for your comments about the contest, I'm glad you felt it pulled us all together! Aside from trying to raise gold for the guild, that was our aim! It's so nice to hear that someone thinks we acheived it!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:06 pm
Doressa
lunar_kit2

You'll definitely still hear from me!

And thankyou for your comments about the contest, I'm glad you felt it pulled us all together! Aside from trying to raise gold for the guild, that was our aim! It's so nice to hear that someone thinks we acheived it!

You guys did acheive it. Thank you so much for doing this!  

chibihotachan

Super Buick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:30 am
though i think it would have been more productive to just have donated the $60k i spent directly to mmm blaugh kidding, i had a blast!  
Earth Week Forum! Competition closed, winners announced!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games