Submit

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 pm
Zynar laughed and said "Well, I assure you I am. If you would like, I can show you the empty sockets where my eyes were. But now's not the time for that."

Placing one hand in his fist to crack his knuckles, he said "No, I've just gotten used to being able to see in another fashion. I've got other senses, and I'm able to use them to learn about my surroundings without seeing." With that, Zynar cracked the knuckles on his other hand and smirked.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:27 pm
"No thank you, I can believe that you're blind without a demonstration," Falana told him, laughing. "So these other senses, you have all the normal ones, but are you a little psychic too?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm
As Falana began walking through the Ruined city she had one of the catgirl's arms draped over her shoulder and the other hung limply at her side. Her little body was surprisingly heavy, but she made due.

The rubble in the city made travel difficult but in a few minutes they found an abandoned house that was already ransacked. The windows were covered by tattered cloth, and the floor was bare save for a small blanet A single archway that once had a door lead into one of the back alleys, but the building itself was in good shape. Once inside Falana gently set the Changling on the ground and as the girl's arm slid down Falana's side. Her hand brushed momentarily against skin and a bright flash filled the room for a moment.

The light brought with it a flash of heat to all in the room, and people fled the area thinking it was a gas explosion. Even though there was no concussion wave.

((Sorry for taking over [as it were] but this is one of the tender moments. Falana it a key player in this one for now. I'm trying to get things to run smoothly. Assume that anyone at the crater followed along. Wether you're outside the door or in the room.))  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 pm
Zynar spoke as he walked "In a way, yes. I am psychic. I'm able to feel certain energies around me. I can tell where they are in relation to myself, which is how I was able to catch you earlier. If you were completely human, I wouldn't have known you were coming at all..."

Zynar was able to tell that they were suddenly in a building. There was a slight breeze outside, and it suddenly went away when they stepped inside. Lifting his foot and stomping it down, he could tell that the floor wasn't the asphalt they had been walking on. Hardwood, perhaps. After taking the brief moment to alert himself of his surroundings, he spoke up again, starting from where he left off. "That leads me to the question of what exactly you are. Obviously not human, or at least not anymore."

As soon as those words left his mouth, he was hit with a sudden blast of heat. It felt like what Zynar imagined stepping out of an air conditioned store into a very hot day in the desert would feel like. "What the hell was that?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm
"I- whoa!" Falana exclaimed, interrupted from answering Zynar's question. "I have no idea what that was. The girl's hand just... brushed against my skin." She looked closer to the girl, but avoided touching her. "What on earth..." She couldn't determine anything of use, so she decided to answer Zynar's question, and honestly, which surprised her a little.

"I was almost human, once. For years, I thought I was human. My mother was the widow of a soldier, I was born just after he died. We lived in Athens. We used to watch many plays, when I was little. About the gods. I expect you know at least something about them. Zeus, Hera, Aphrodite... Hermes. Well, maybe you haven't heard anything about them. But, around 500 BC, everyone knew about the gods." Falana absently traced her finger in patterns on the floor as she spoke. "I can't remember my mother's face, or her voice, her name, or anything about her. But I remember watching plays with her, and being happy." She paused in tracing the patterns of the wood floor.

"The soldier to whom she had been wed was not my father. He was a man who she met while her husband was a-soldiering, and he charmed his way into her bed. Of course, it's not hard for a god to get a human to lust after them."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm
Zynar listened to Falana, then said "I know a little bit about those gods. Mostly stuff from schooling, since the common belief these days are that those gods don't exist." Zynar probed through his mind the whole time he spoke, looking for a reason for the unexplained blast of heat. Finding nothing, he said "Wonder what that blast was all about, anyway..."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:14 pm
((hey guys. so i hurt my knee really badly last week and am pretty much on couch rest for 2 weeks. I'll try and be on and off but I'll let my character just stay collapsed for now. I hope to be back soon!))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:37 pm
After a moment the heat dissipated, leaving behind an erie quality to the air. For the briefest of moments nothing moved, even the wind seemed to stop outside. Then out of nowhere a presence could be felt, the same type of energy that the shard exuded, the feeling of power gently rolled over everyone in the small room; alien and strangely familiar to them all. They were all suddenly gripped by the desire to approach the cat girl's limp form. Something driving them gently to become closer.

Falana saw bits of dust and debris shift and move, some of it floating, working against gravity before settling onto the mysterious gloves  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 pm
Falana starred at the particles gravitating towards the catgirl's gloves with disbelief, and reached out to touch them without thinking.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 am
As Falana's fingers touched the gloves the same heat from before filled the room, the energy from the gloves traveled up her arm feeling like the caress of a long lost lover, bringing with it a comfort and peace. The gloves glowing slightly began to melt from the cat girls hands, merging and flowing like water towards Falana's outstretched hands.

Startled Falana pulled her hands back, but the liquid gloves followed loosing definition and changing shape. What happened next frightened her even more, the gloves began to shift and move, changing back into the mystic shard. It hovered slightly above Falana's hands floating as if encased in a bubble. She stared at it a moment her eyes glazed over slightly.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 am
((Did I kill it again? I gave Kerrigan some info about what is in her hand now, but I thought seeing something like that would draw a reaction from SOMEONE... I really want the group (Even if it's a group of two) to get back to my other characters... I don't like not being able to be in character. crying ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:00 pm
((Well It's been dead for two months now. Should I call it and move on? I'll give it another 5 days, then I'm moving on to something else. This is still a fun thread and I want to see it thrive again. Maybe we're working on too much plot. Let me know and if this stays dead I'm just going to offload a stand alone event with whatever I happen to be wearing. ^_^))  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:43 am
Fen Æris stood in the middle of the charred and scorched landscape. The grand total of his actions spread before him. His enemies, and likewise his own troops lay smoldering and dead in the once lush valley.

Crumbling to his knees he began to weep, but the tears would never see the open air as the demonic armor completed the transformation of his body.

Why had Fen ignored the signs of his corruption? Why had he challenged everything he KNEW to be true? Why were all the people he loved and trusted dead? There was only one thing that he could hold responsible.

"POWER" The voice in his mind burst through his defenses as though they were paper, crushing what little will he had left for fighting. The dark, and magical influence finally conquering his mortal being. "You wished for power to fulfill your desires. Power to crush your enemies. And power to improve your military standing. You have been given everything you wanted, and MORE. You should be HAPPY.

The laughter that followed came from the deepest depths of hell. Every bellow echoed maddeningly in Fen's mind, he clenched his eyes and clasped his ears, but nothing would diminish the mad laughter. "Why?" Fen's voice was dry and feeble, as if his voice had been stripped from him.

"That's easy." The Demonic voice becaming somber and frank. "Because I also wanted power. I needed to be whole again Fen. I used you for my own gain. And now that I also have your body... I don't NEED you anymore."

Fen felt a sickening, tearing sensation, and a sense of vertigo. He screamed and tried to tense his body to try and escape the pain, but realized that it was indeed, no longer his body. He opened his eyes and saw to his horror that he was no longer IN his body. His soul floated for a few moments over the still steaming ground, staring at the body that was not his possession any more. The eyes that were no longer his opened to reveal deep, crimson pool of hatred and intent,and filled Fen with a feeling of deep and meaningful dread.

"Goodbye, Fen." The Demon spoke those words with finality, and without even a moving, destroyed the frail human soul with a smile.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 pm
((I think we need to simplify the plot a little and take a step back. Get it so new people can merge in really easily and get this thing hopping again!))  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 pm
((I'm not even sure if we NEED a plot for everyone to fit into. I started a story over for my current avi, but I'm also opening up the thread for everyone to just jump in with wherever they can, with WHATEVER they can. ))  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff