Welcome to Gaia! ::

ZELDA ADDICTION GUILD!!

Back to Guilds

Zelda games, Role-play, games and contests. 

Tags: Zelda, Game, Contests, Nintendo, Link 

Reply Memorable Topics
Super Zelda nerd-dom within.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariana Desdemona

Original Gaian

8,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 am
My husband and I got married July 7th this year at a Sci-fi/fantasy convention. It's where we had met 5 years previous.
We wanted our wedding to be special - something that reflected us and not just a plain traditional wedding. So, I present to you, a very nerdy wedding.

User Image
We thought costumes would be too much, so instead my husband wore a green vest and tie. I had pink and purple flowers and my bridesmaids wore pink and purple.

User Image
There's a picture of the awesome cake.

User Image
Close-up

User Image
And a not-so-good shot of our wedding rings. They're custom made gemmed triforces. They're set in gold and have a silver band. The gems are garnet, peridot and topaz. Each gem in my ring is .75 carats, each gem in his ring is 1.25 carats.

We also used music from/inspired by LoZ for our wedding - the processional for the groom and bridal party was Apocalyptica's version of the Legend of Zelda theme, my processional was 'Zelda's Lullaby' and our recessional was an OC Remix called 'A Rose for Zelda'

The last Zelda influence in our wedding was our ring exchange, in which we said "This ring represents the wisdom we will gain in our new lives together, the courage we will lend one another when facing new challenges and the strength of our everlasting bond."

So, yeah.

I can try to get better pictures of the rings if anyone is interested, and I have more wedding pictures (Though they have little to do with Zelda) if anyone wants to see them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:59 pm
My god, THAT IS AWESOME. *Insert mad amount of envy here* I want a wedding like that!!!! gonk

I love the 'A Rose for Zelda' remix, because it isn't just Zelda, but it has Golden Sun in it too!  

Sakana_Izumi

ShadowEdogawa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:01 am
Amazing. I can only congratulate you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:39 pm
WOW and i though i was addicted ive only played and beaten every Zelda game but your wedding was based on Zelda i feel like a noob compearted to you*Bows to feet*  

VashLikesPoprockz

Catahamacus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:41 am
eek xp smile whee Well thats pretty cool... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:30 pm
Oh my God, you are such a nerd... I can only stare at your nerdiness in admiration. *stares*  

Persephone Waker

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:00 am
I'd ask you to marry me. . .  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:44 pm
Wowow whata kick-a** zelda themed wedding! I love the cake! And you look gorgeous in your wedding gown. The rings look so cool. Congrazzle!  

purplekitty
Captain

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Memorable Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers