Why 9-11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:25 am
Here is a great article written by Messianic Jewish beliver Dr. Jeff Seif on the true meaning as to why the date 9-11 was chose by muslims to attack the US:

Why 911? By Dr. Jeffrey L. Seif

For Americans, the number 911 means emergency. If for no other reason, the Muslims were clever to choose this date for their attack.
However, from an lslamic perspective, September 11th is invested with another meaning: it punctuates a long-forgotten battle that influenced all of Western history and had a particularly direct and profound effect on Islamic history. That date marks the start of the "Battle of Vienna," when the Christian "West" dealt Islamic armies one of their most crushing and inglorious defeats.
Muslims had long eyed Vienna, given its strategic position in southern Europe to control trade routes from the Eastern Mediterranean to Germany. The Grand Vizier Kara Mustafa Pasha convinced Sultan Mehmet IV that the time was right to mobilize Ottoman armies and advance on the heart of Christian Europe. They officially declared war on August 6, 1682. The subsequent Islamic march on Europe began on April 1 - no fooling. Soon Vienna was besieged. At a time deemed appropriate, the Europeans counterattacked and the decisive battle for Christian Europe began. It happened on September 11, 1683 - or as we'd say "9/11."
Islam was sure of a victory. But thankfully, the victory went to the West. Utterly disgraced by the defeat, Sultan Mehmet ordered the death of his losing comander, Pasha. Some say Pasha was ordered to commit suicide; others say the Sultan's troops executed him. No matter - the deed was dishacharged on December 25, 1683.
After the battle, many bags of coffee were discovered at the abandoned Turkish encampment. (Turks love their "Turkish" coffee.) With this captured stock, a coffeehouse was allegedly opened in Europe - the first in Vienna. An innovative Capuchin friar, who was the confidant of Leopold I, the Holy Roman Emporer, added milk and honey to sweeten the harsh brew. By so doing, he is said to have invented what became known as "cappuccino" coffee.
Why 9-11-2001? Muslims wanted to reassert their power on that date. Whatever they may have gained by so doing must be inventoried against the destruction of their terror base in Afghanistan and the overthrow of the vicious dictator of Iraq. I think we won again - and I'll drink to that!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 am
User Image

I'll drink a cappuccino to that!

User Image  

grani4fam1

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:22 pm
I love what King Jan III Sobieski of Poland said when he beat the Turks:

"veni, vidi, Deus vicit!" - "I came, I saw, G-d conquered!" And I say Praise the LORD! 9-11 is now a ralling day when Americans stand together and say NEVER AGAIN to the forces of Islamo-facsism.

On a lighter note there are a few other culinary legends besides cappucino that are associated with the Battle of Vienna:

One legend is that the croissant was invented in Vienna, either in 1683 or in an earlier siege in 1529, to celebrate the defeat of the Turkish siege of the city, as a reference to theIslamic crescent moon on the Turkish flags. Although this version is supported by the fact that croissants in French Language are referred to as Viennoiserie and the French popular belief that Vienna born Marie Antoinette introduced the pastry to France in 1770, there is no further evidence that croissants existed before the 19th century.
Another legend from Vienna has the first bagel as being a gift to King Jan Sobieski to commemorate the King's victory over the Turks that year. The baked-good was fashioned in the form of a stirrup, to commemorate the victorious charge by the Polish cavalry. The truth of this legend is very uncertain, as there is a reference in 1610 to a similar-sounding bread, which may or may not have been the bagel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:01 am
divineseraph
I hope you're not implying that this is true of all Islam and all muslims. You would be sorely mistaken.
rolleyes haven't you read the quran??? If a muhammedian is true to his religion and the quran then he wouldn't take Jews and Christians as friends (surah 5:51), he would fight and slay us for being pagan (surah 9:5) and we would be obligated to fight Jews and Christians because we believe neither in his moon g-d 'allah' nor in muhammed (***** Beating Upon Haremgirls) (Surah 9:29).

In fact islam teaches that 'allah' turned Jews into apes (Surah 2:65-66). War is ordained by 'allah', and all muhammedians must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. (Surah 2:216). A true muhammedian would believe Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, and that 'allah' has put a curse on us. (Surah 4:51-52). True muhammedians are to have no friends that don't believe in 'allah', they are to kill unbelievers where ever they find them. (Surah 4:89). For wrongdoing according to the quran for Jews, 'allah' has prepared a painful doom. (Surah 4:160-1) and Jews and Christians are evil-livers. (Surah 5:59).

I could on and on, really sounds like the religion of peace and tolerance now doesn't it?

User Image

Intolerance in the quran: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/int/long.html

If islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only religion that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks? Why are thousands of people able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane into a building while screaming praises to 'allah'? Where’s the outrage among other muhammedians when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons?  

famusamu
Captain

OrangeJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:07 pm
famusamu
divineseraph
I hope you're not implying that this is true of all Islam and all muslims. You would be sorely mistaken.
rolleyes haven't you read the quran??? If a muhammedian is true to his religion and the quran then he wouldn't take Jews and Christians as friends (surah 5:51), he would fight and slay us for being pagan (surah 9:5) and we would be obligated to fight Jews and Christians because we believe neither in his moon g-d 'allah' nor in muhammed (***** Beating Upon Haremgirls) (Surah 9:29).

In fact islam teaches that 'allah' turned Jews into apes (Surah 2:65-66). War is ordained by 'allah', and all muhammedians must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. (Surah 2:216). A true muhammedian would believe Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, and that 'allah' has put a curse on us. (Surah 4:51-52). True muhammedians are to have no friends that don't believe in 'allah', they are to kill unbelievers where ever they find them. (Surah 4:89). For wrongdoing according to the quran for Jews, 'allah' has prepared a painful doom. (Surah 4:160-1) and Jews and Christians are evil-livers. (Surah 5:59).

I could on and on, really sounds like the religion of peace and tolerance now doesn't it?

User Image

Intolerance in the quran: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/int/long.html

If islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only religion that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks? Why are thousands of people able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane into a building while screaming praises to 'allah'? Where’s the outrage among other muhammedians when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons?

lol thats real peaceful of them.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff