Welcome to Gaia! ::

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Chri

Back to Guilds

Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
TORAH PORTION BIBLE STUDY 5768 (2007-2008)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want to lead the Bible study.
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
  ?
View Results

grani4fam1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:51 am
Another year of studying the Torah! Does someone else want to lead it starting in October? My family will be studying the Prophets, so our emphasis will be different. Please volunteer if you want to do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:36 am
I can lead it but it would be in a very...non-intense style. What do you think?  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

grani4fam1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:26 pm
Hope everyone had a great Sukkot. I had a great time, and slept better on the ground than at home. The fellowship was great, and we finally found a group to meet with regularly to study Torah. Adonai blessed us and guided us, blessed be His name. B'reisheet was great to get back into this week, too. I love the story of creation up till the flood. I BELIEVE that our Elohim can actually create everything in 6 days, or why would He say so? He is not a liar, and I don't buy all that baloney about theistic evolution - and don't want to argue about it, either. If the first sentence of the Torah isn't true, then why is the rest? If He didn't do it in 6 days, why do we keep Shabbat on the 7th so carefully? SO...like it or lump it, I will be counted with those who believe Adonai Elohenu is the same today, yesterday and forever and can speak a Word and things (including fully formed universes, men, women, lions, trees, whales and whatever else appear! B'shem Yahshua hallelu et adonai!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm
Actually, about B'reisheet... The traditional translation of it is not really accurate. It doesn't have a definite article, so instead of "In the beginning", it's closer to "In a beginning"... it can make for some interesting theological discussion.  

RoseRose

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff