Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
Discrimination. Don't it just stink?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:28 pm
I am so sick of it. I went to an all night Israeli dance party at a Synagogue, and got bashed for being Messianic. I go to school and get bashed for being Jewish. I go out in public and get laughed at for my tzitzit. All of this is Constantines fault, anyway. I cannot stand the Nician Creed! *Fumes, cursing fluently in German* And "Christians" are the worst! They think it's wierd, and stuff. My own Grandmother is like that, even. As Tevye said, "I know, I know. We are your choosen people. But once in a while, can't you choose someone else?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:34 pm
I know what you mean. I feel like I have to hide what I am from Christians because I don't want to get into the constant argument about not keeping Torah because "Jesus already kept it and made it so we don't have to." How illogical is that? He died so we wouldn't have to die for disobeying the Torah, and why would He tell us we don't have to obey what it took such a high price to pay for disobeying? You're right - IT'S CONSTANTINE'S FAULT! (And those who listened to a guy who wasn't even real Christian and made his ideas church doctrine!) I think the thing about being Jewish or Messianic is that God chose us to be a peculiar people, so we aren't supposed to fit in with the rest of the world anyway. James says that if we are friends with the world, we are enemies of God. So, we shouldn't want to be like them and should rejoice when we are persecuted (unless we do something against Torah to get their attention!). It's hard, though, and hasatan takes great enjoyment in pointing us out to humiliate and discourage us. I admire you for being so open and out there in all those situations! That's great and amazing. Bless you, and the LORD encourage you for being faithful in the face of so much persecution.  

grani4fam1

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:56 pm
heheh...I know it's not funny but I just had to laugh! (Better than swearing or crying. wink ) We are in the world, but not of the world, and he did say "blessed are ye that are persecuted for my name's sake."

Saved Christians are the ones we are going to be spending eternity with. As CS Lewis said, when you are with other believers, you are in the presence of the immortals.

Strange thought, huh. I have to remind myself of that when I get irritated with others.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:45 pm
Thanks, Soda. I guess I was just venting, but I still need to be less uptight about it. I was an emo kid for a long time, and I'm still 14, so controlling my emotions is not the easyest of tasks for me. It's nice to be able to say stuff on here, and not be laughed at. Not mocking laughter, anyway. Which you weren't. I am in a typy mood. TYPETYPETYPETYPE!!!!!  

Silver Wingling

G Kay Bonzai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 am
Talmar_Star_Blood
I am so sick of it. I went to an all night Israeli dance party at a Synagogue, and got bashed for being Messianic. I go to school and get bashed for being Jewish. I go out in public and get laughed at for my tzitzit. All of this is Constantines fault, anyway. I cannot stand the Nician Creed! *Fumes, cursing fluently in German* And "Christians" are the worst! They think it's wierd, and stuff. My own Grandmother is like that, even. As Tevye said, "I know, I know. We are your choosen people. But once in a while, can't you choose someone else?"

There are some ignorant&mean people out there,but NOT ALL christians are like that,nor are germans.
I live in germany and I'm a christian..it somehow hearts to see that a non christian regards christians as "the worst".
Not all of us are intolerant morons.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:07 pm
G Kay Bonzai
Talmar_Star_Blood

There are some ignorant&mean people out there,but NOT ALL christians are like that,nor are germans.
I live in germany and I'm a christian..it somehow hearts to see that a non christian regards christians as "the worst".
Not all of us are intolerant morons.

Talmar_Star_Blood is not a nonChristian but a Messianic believer in Yeshua. This is about intolerance of Christians against other Christians.  

cheribi

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 pm
Yes... I did stereotype, not all christians ae that way. But those who are are the worst. And I never said Germans were, I'm actually mostly German myself. I curse in German because I studied a little german, and picked up the swear words...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 am
Speaking of Germany, Europe in general seems to be discarding its Christian heritage, or at least keeping it out of public discussion as much as possible.  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

masumi5

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:47 pm
Cherry Sodah
Speaking of Germany, Europe in general seems to be discarding its Christian heritage, or at least keeping it out of public discussion as much as possible.

That would be the atheists. rolleyes
It's happening in America, too. crying emo I want my country back. emo

And I'd be fighting that if I were you. Because after they're done with Christians, it'll be Muslims. And then Jews. They haaaaaaate religion.

And I, for one, would not like to see how far they'd go to either control us, or to eradicate us.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:22 pm
Silver Wingling

I personally wouldnt have laughed. Even though I wasnt there. Because Gen 12:3 says, " I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." This is God talking and the you is Israle and the Jewish people. And I want the blessings so im not laughing at you. One of my "internet friends" on deviantart is Jewish so Im cool. And also Im a Christian so dont lump me in the same group! I hate it when people do that!  

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:31 pm
Just the word "tzitzit" is funny...haha.... biggrin

The OP must be 16 by now and hopefully things are much, much better.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:43 pm
I hate it when people view me as strange just because I talk about church or the scriptures and not last weekend's party or sexual experience! Those weird stares get on my nerves!  

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:38 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/politics/hitler-israel-what-is-the-difference/t.52443685/

warning it is a antisemite forum. I thought that there would be at least one person in there that would support Israel but just skimming nope couldnt see it. So before I replyed on a tirade I backed out before I typed something stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:22 pm
Cherry Sodah
Just the word "tzitzit" is funny...haha.... biggrin

The OP must be 16 by now and hopefully things are much, much better.
The plural of tzitzit is tzitziot

be sure you say zeet zeet and not seet seet which means breasts redface  

famusamu
Captain

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:38 pm
I feel your pain man....... but when I wear tzizits I wear a long shirt biggrin  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games