Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Chri

Back to Guilds

Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
Does God still work miracles?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you witnessed/experienced a miracle?
  Yes, even if it was just a small one
  Can't say that I have
View Results

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:52 am
Evangelical Christians still believe He does, as is evident to anyone who has attended (or watched on TV) a sermon on Sunday morning. Do Jews still believe He does supernatural things that everyone can witness? Or do they think that God gave up working miracles, just as there seem to be no more prophets?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:57 pm
My fiance was born 3 months early 21 years ago. He and his twin brother had about a 1% chance of both surviving, not even mentioning future problems. They are both healthy adults now.

If that's not a miracle, what is?  

RoseRose

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 pm
RoseRose
My fiance was born 3 months early 21 years ago. He and his twin brother had about a 1% chance of both surviving, not even mentioning future problems. They are both healthy adults now.

If that's not a miracle, what is?

AMEN!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:13 am
My mind is still reeling somewhat. Ok, I go to this friday night bible study whenever I can. I'm really close to most of the people that usually come. They are like my sweet family. So, I get there and we're all hanging out in the yard. This study meets on a farm. Their were very cute adolescent chickens there, so I tried petting them and picking a few up. So, as soon as everyone arrives we all go inside the house to do what we came here for. We go inside the house, talk a bit more, and then open up in prayer. Then we got settled down to watch the documentary called Finger Of God via dvd player and projector. It is an awesome documentary, filled with miracles and knowledge about God. You should see it sometime! After that, we decided that the delicious chocolate torte somebody's mom had bought for our meeting could wait. We decided to pray for healing over some people. My friend's dad went first. We prayed for his allergies and sinuses, as well as breathing problems. They were healed. Then I went up to receive prayer for nerve issues. Because of nerve problems I have tremors, twitching, and random pains due to some faulty incomplete wiring. I think that is healed too. My friend said that she got the feeling that the random pain should not affect me anymore, and the twitching and tremors should improve somewhat. Then we prayed over my friend's sister's knee and her heel. She felt the tendons in her heel knitting together, as well as a lot of heat. I think that is no longer a problem as well. After that we prayed for my other friend's broken toe. The swelling went down considerably and the healing should be at least speeded up somewhat. It all reminded me about a certain scripture in the old testament about healing and prophesy.

The Day of the LORD
28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said,
among the survivors
whom the LORD calls.

We're thinking about doing a "Treasure Hunt" sometime. That is when you pray for the Lord's guidance and he guides you to a place where people are in need of healing. Oh, and here is the trailer for "Finger of God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVKjuI8das  

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

-Ryklon-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:05 pm
GOD always do miracles in our lives...
everytime i wake up in the morning and im still alive...i consider that as a miracle.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 pm
Karo Kiba

The Day of the LORD
28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

The cherokee culture was saved when a chief said he had a vision and went up in hiding in the mountains with his tribe (Eastern Band Cherokee), and also if you read about the past wars in modern day israel you'll find LOTS of miracles and I mean like big things, from arab regiment saying they saw abraham and a host of angels and they ran in fear to a supposed giant man standing over 4 israeli troops out of bullets with arab army charging up a hill at them then ran away in fear.  

American Lad

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff