Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:21 pm
PupSage
Are we at 2 action points right now? Extended rest + milestone?

I think we are at 1. Whenever you take an extended rest, you reset to 1. Part of the reason I wanted to fight these things the night before, so we could use the action point, heal up, then regain our surges and action point sweatdrop

Also, @ healing, I have Lay on Hands, so if you need to choose a defender to heal, you can choose Ilikan.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 am
Rain Yupa
PupSage

I think we are at 1. Whenever you take an extended rest, you reset to 1. Part of the reason I wanted to fight these things the night before, so we could use the action point, heal up, then regain our surges and action point sweatdrop

Also, @ healing, I have Lay on Hands, so if you need to choose a defender to heal, you can choose Ilikan.

I didn't know if arriving here / level 8 was the milestone since we leveled overnight.

And, I've got you next turn. Illikan just got major boned there ... *looks at the double crit on revenge, with the heal, then more hits.* he does still have his second wind though.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:04 am
PupSage
Rain Yupa
PupSage

I didn't know if arriving here / level 8 was the milestone since we leveled overnight.

And, I've got you next turn. Illikan just got major boned there ... *looks at the double crit on revenge, with the heal, then more hits.* he does still have his second wind though.
He used it this round.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:39 pm
Yeah, Revenge used his second wind. I was considering using mine as a minor with a daily power (which I can reset one of in a day) for surge +2d6 healing and a slow on the roper so I might be able to knock it prone, but I can save the daily for later if you want to put the healing on me. The only part that's iffy about that to me at all is that I'd want to delay my turn until after its so it could be prone for Ruin to hit it, but that's not worth the risk of eating enough damage to go down.

So, Revenge and I both have some ways to recoup our HP. I'm not sure how much his Lay on Hands does, but that's your call.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:10 pm
Psychofish
The only part that's iffy about that to me at all is that I'd want to delay my turn until after it is so it could be prone for Ruin to hit it, but that's not worth the risk of eating enough damage to go down.

So, Revenge and I both have some ways to recoup our HP. I'm not sure how much his Lay on Hands does, but that's your call.

I was going to just have Ruin run-up, stab the guy so Kuori could run over to Revenge. Then if it attacked Ruin, reflect it and run back and stab R2. But seeing as that plan is changed(my fault)

If it would be easier, I could have Ruin hold his turn 'til after Illy's. Same effect, a different place in order. Otherwise, the new plan would be shift behind it to gain CA for both Ruin and Illy

And Revenge's Lay on self heals healing surge value plus Charisma for Wisdom/Day (22 hp, 2x a day)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:34 pm
Gotcha. And you definitely can. But I'm pretty sure right now we want one defender on each of the awake ones, even if you run back to the other, so having me here isn't that bad. Keeps the damage heavy people freed up.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:34 pm
Psychofish
Yeah, Revenge used his second wind. I was considering using mine as a minor with a daily power (which I can reset one of in a day) for surge +2d6 healing and a slow on the roper so I might be able to knock it prone, but I can save the daily for later if you want to put the healing on me. The only part that's iffy about that to me at all is that I'd want to delay my turn until after its so it could be prone for Ruin to hit it, but that's not worth the risk of eating enough damage to go down.

Well, Kuori already gave you the surge +14 (I think? Its in the thread.) So you could double dip.

I am tempted to delay my init if we can all get close to one target because if I go right before the ropers I can give everyone a +1 and and additional +1 for every attack that the ropers make. Which seems worth a turn if it nets us each a pretty guaranteed hit  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:03 am
I can, though unless I roll snake-eyes on the 2d6 I'd be over-healing after that 33 HP you just handed me. Besides that I very well could just wiff my attack and not put it prone anyway. So possibly I just regular second wind or use one of my at-wills instead to set things up this turn.

Also amused that Illikan's name, a goliath name, is the one that Kuori is having trouble with.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:41 am
DM question, Should an Accurate Rod give Ruin a higher attack bonus for melee attacks?

I know the worst time to question a +1 to attack, but I was building another Hexblade and noticed that many of their melee powers are both weapons and implement.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 am
Rain Yupa
Beast of a Thousand Knives:
Crit fail attacks: 0 (though plenty of 2's and 4's)
Crit success attacks: 0 (technically 1, wasted on an intimidate roll that everyone ignored.)

Heart of a Monster:
Crit fail attacks: 2
Crit success attacks: 1 (on a minion)

Glimmers of a Dark:
Crit fail attacks: 4
Crit success attacks: 0

It's still not that one-shot Arc Vembris ran where a full 1/3 of my rolls were nat 1's, but I'm getting there.

Updated again.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:09 pm
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa
Beast of a Thousand Knives:
Crit fail attacks: 0 (though plenty of 2's and 4's)
Crit success attacks: 0 (technically 1, wasted on an intimidate roll that everyone ignored.)

Heart of a Monster:
Crit fail attacks: 2
Crit success attacks: 1 (on a minion)

Glimmers of a Dark:
Crit fail attacks: 4
Crit success attacks: 0

It's still not that one-shot Arc Vembris ran where a full 1/3 of my rolls were nat 1's, but I'm getting there.

Updated again.

I didn't get a chance to respond but Ruin killed the roper on his turn so if you want to change Revenge's actions that is fine. You can also reroll your attack if you make a new one as I don't want your new actions to be affected by the knowledge that you are going to miss.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
Kowsauni
I didn't get a chance to respond but Ruin killed the roper on his turn so if you want to change Revenge's actions that is fine. You can also reroll your attack if you make a new one as I don't want your new actions to be affected by the knowledge that you are going to miss.

Do I still have to break out of tentacle bindings (either via a roll, or simply at the cost of an action)?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:21 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Do I still have to break out of tentacle bindings (either via a roll, or simply at the cost of an action)?

No, the roper released you when he died.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

No, the roper released you when he died.

Edited my post to be a double move action instead. Also, undid my Lay on Hands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 am
Got back too late from the movies (around 12:30). I'll see if I can get a post up before I go to work in the morning but assuming I do not, I will post when I get home from work. Sorry for the delay.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games