Submit

kitsunelady

Questionable Connoisseur

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:27 am
Hi All! I'm Eleanora de Montgomeri. I live in the Canton of Buxton-on-Eno in the Barony of Windmaster's Hill, in the Kingdom of Atlantia!

I'm a herald (lowercase h), and as my Pelican says, I've been assimilated in to the heralds. So I don't just get loud, I sit in on consulation tables. wink (cornet for my canton)

As you might have guessed, I'm protege to Dame Gwenllian ferch Maredudd... I think I spelled her name wrong...damn welsh names.

There's currently a war between my barony and the Barony of Sacred Stone. Their symbol is a phoenix and our's is a kittyhawk, so it's War of the Wings. I'll be fencing for the first time for war points!!! *excited*

I also am a Target Archery Marshall.

Busy life in the SCA, when I get to go. I don't get to go much because I work in the Theatre and often our plays interfere with events. Weekends and all... sad

Well, I've blabbed enough. Nice ta meet ya'll!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:45 am
Greetings! I'm a touch late with this, but I've been busy with teaching our newbies and helping integrate them while dealing with college. I'll explain this in a moment and perhaps some of you will know why newbies are so very time absorbing.

I'm Menault le Rouge (Approval of the Heralds pending. I'm absent-minded and must search for a book...I think) and fairly new to the SCA. For the forseeable future I'm in the Shire of Isles in Caid. And for the same forseeable future, I'm a rapier-fighter with our unit, the Crimson Skirts.

And those who have seen us now know why newbies and their training is time consuming. I beleive we have something like ten new rapier fighters and four or five new heavies. It's possibly more. I think it is.

Caravaning to Estrella's going to be interesting...  

Akai_ryu

Random Saxon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:26 am
I dont know if anyone will read this, but I'm new to the Middle Kingdom, and I'm looking for connections, as far as I can surmise I'm in the barony of flaming griffon and the shire of havenholde. Can anyone tell me of these locales?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:35 pm
My name is TaĆ°kr Ormstunga, though in An Tir I am better known as Loki of Bjorgvinn. My persona is a 10th century viking, and I am originally from the Barony of Three Mountains though I currently reside in Coeur du Val.

I am man-at-arms to his Lordship Squire Sigurd the Dark, part of the House of Hormones, leader of House Jormungand, and drengr of the village of Bjorgvinn.  

Derekzor

passionatepurple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 am
Good day. I'm Katrina, (thats as far as I've gotten with my SCAdian name)My dad is Baron Sir Fum also kown as Baaron Bitter Karl Aerdigwidder Von Zauberberg. We are, I think, in the East Kingdom now (PA), but originally from Middle Kingdom where we used to live (MI). I was a SCAdian when I was younger but when dad moved out here I had to quit cause of my mom. I just started to reassociate with the whole society. I do need help coming up with a better name for myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:15 pm
I'm Silver. I'm not actually an SCA member yet, but will likely be joining soon. I work at a hisotrical ren faire as cast, though. This season I played Elizabeth Throckmorton. We are set in 1572 England, so the very end of the SCA period.

I'm typo prone, sorry in advance.

I do my own costuming, since my lovely friend Ame taught me. heart We use no patterns- every piece is hand fit to the corsetted form of the person who will be wearing it (I dont do guys clothes yet, obviously).

I live in OH, and will be joining the SCA in that area soon. ^^  

Silver Mist

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:50 pm
Hullothar.
SCA-wise, I'm Lyssandra ni Jhone, daughter of Hon. Lady Gwenafri Dun na Scaeth, and was adopted by Hon. Lord Jhone Maclachlin. I hail from the Barony of Wealdsmere in the kingdom of An Tir (mundanely Spokane, WA).
I've been playing on and off since I was 7-8ish, and people with shiny hats still scare the crap out of me.
I used to be a paid member, but then I suddenly became an adult, and couldn't afford the "habit" anymore. XD I have no awards, and I got royally screwed over mundanely, and lost all of my clothing, including my garb! crying
I don't really have a persona, since I never had the opportunity to research very much. My name isn't registered.
I like cooking, I used to sing, and I'm fascinated by fencing but have never participated.

Mundanely, I'm Lyssa. I roleplay, work a crappy job, swear like a drunken sailor, post only in Gaia guilds, and have a fiance I love very much.
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm

Name: David Fasick
SCA Name: None
Crest: None
Kingdom: Middle
Region: Oaken
Barony: Flaming Gryphon
Group: Curently a member of the March of Norborough, but I'm switching to Havenholde.
About me: I'm 20 years old. I have been in the sca for about 8-9 years. When I'm able to attend events I tend to ether work in the kitchen (cause I love to cook) or do archery. When I finish my armor I will become athorized. I have had 2 challenges and have at least 3 challenges to make. I'm currently working on a name and a crest.

LordNightWolf

Padmasana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:11 pm
Hello. I'm not a member of SCA, but I have a few friends in the current game I play that are past or present members.

I play Dagorhir, a foamfighting LARP loosely based in Tolkien's works. There, I am Bahli Padma-Kegstander Wolfcaller, Matron of House Padma and Diplomatic Officer to the Outlands*.

When not on the field, I function as Mundane PR ("No, Officer, we're not a cult." *big innocent smile*), Minor Patrol ("Knock it off or I'm putting you in the shield wall.") and as a volunteer medic ("This is why you wear a cup. Now sit on the ice pack and quit crying.").

I'd like to join SCA, but I'm not nearly period enough yet (Bahli is a Drow elf....), and I'm not currently in the financial position to do so. I'm completely in awe of those who costume themselves in period fashion, and hope to one day have the time and motiviation to learn myself. smile

Mundanely, I'm Mandi, who still answers to Bahli in an unusual variety of settings. I'm 21 and dating two wonderful men, both of whom also fight in the realm.

*Not to be confused with the SCAdian Outlands. We're based in SE Michigan and are in no way part of SCA.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:37 pm
'Ello!

My mundane name is Sarah. My SCA name is Elizabeth Bennett (daughter of Mistress Rosalind Bennett) but most nearly everyone calls me Shippo! Recently I moved from the East Kingdom to Atlantia, our rivals! But, whatever. I have many friends in both Kingdoms. I like archery and wish to become a fighter. Oh, and for anyone who's been to Pennsic: If you've heard a small girl with long hair in the morning singing a cheerful little tune to sell her Pennsic Indepent, that's me. My sister made that song. It's true! Some other children are singing it as well, however... Oh well. The more the merrier! Oh, and sadly, I have shorter hair now. I donated it to Locks of Love.

My persona is the daughter of an ambassador from England. Whilst he (my father) was in Germany, he gave me to my uncle (Uncle Ernie/Master Ernst... Some long German name I think...) because he had not the money to take care of me. Now, what was he to do with a little girl no more than six? Well, he heard of a woman (my mom/Rosalind) who was a trader (she took her father's trade after he passed away) who had already picked up two unfortunate children. They had become orphans as well, you see. So, he handed me to her and I've been with her ever since. Because of this, I can wear clothes from practically anywhere in the 14 century. I do fancy sideless circoats.

And that is me. I'm so glad to be here. ^^

kittywingz

felixofvinjar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:45 pm
Hiya, folks.

Felix of Vinjar here. From the Shire of Vinjar, Principality of Avacal, Kingdom of Antir. Bit of an armour and jewelry maker (maille/scale), bit of a musician, castle builder when the weather improves a bit, heavy fighter, and other assorted medieval miscellany. Pleasure to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:38 am
Hey folks, this is just something that I thought everyone could use since there was so many questions on it earlier.

http://heralds.westkingdom.org/index.htm#Menu

This is the west kingdom college of heralds web page. This should answer most questions you have about Name and Device submission, including forms and dates.

I will post this information on the SCA link board.

~Master Elexi Stormcrow
~Commander of the Drakkenguard  

Chibbi_Satan

HoiPolloi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:18 pm
Hi, I'm pretty new to the SCA (started attending meetings September '06). I've yet to attend an event, in the process of sewing garb, and if my herald will get back to me with the comments on my research for name and heraldic device, I shall put that in for official documentation along with signing up for a yearly membership.

As it stands, everything's tentative, but here's what I think my info will eventually be.

Name: Alex Holland
SCA Name: Alexander Oildefer
Titles: N/A
Awards: N/A
Period: 13th Century English
Heraldic Device: Azure, two goats salient combatant argent (I think that's right, please don't steal it)

Barony of Skraeling Althing
Kingdom of Ealdormere
(AKA Kingston, Ont.)

If you wish to speak to me of any of this, please PM me, as posting a reply may be missed for days, weeks, months or longer... but a PM will be read ASAP. If you want everyone to see what you write to me, please post and PM, thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:28 am
Hello!

In the SCA I'm known as Anna Mickel von Salm (call me Mickel). I live in the Province of Malagentia, East Kingdom; I just recently was elected as the local A&S Minister. I've been involved in the SCA for almost ten years now, and still enjoy it as much as when I first started. Music, singing, dance, archery, fencing, sewing, calligraphy, embroidery, knitting, lacemaking, cooking, brewing - those are my primary areas of interest and study. Enough to keep me more than a little busy. sweatdrop  

Nerienda

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces