Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Memorable Threads
Are there any intelligent people in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 54

xBaby89Cakesx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:58 pm
Cheesewizard
xicydawnx
Cheesewizard
xicydawnx
Cheesewizard
xicydawnx
HA! I guess your question of if there is intelligence here is really actually kind of stupid. Because if you think about it logically, it all depends on how you see intelligence. Whether it be a high IQ or the level in school accomplished. If the thread starter would have thought about it... maybe he/she could have spared us of this guild the stupidity of this topic!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.uoth the Cheesewizard:

Then again, by what standards is the topic stupid? Yours. And since your argument was that "stupid" and "smart" are matters of opinion, your argument counters itself.

Actually it really doesn't because stupid and smart are matters of
opinion. Someone could think that someone with an IQ of 124 is smart while others don't. Some may think that a freshman in college is smart while others think that only those with a full degree is smart. So therefore it really depends on how the person thinks of intelligence.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.uoth the Cheesewizard:

It does. You see, your argument is that her topic is stupid. Your evidence of this is that there are different standards of smart and stupid. This is true. (Whether or not this makes the topic stupid is a completely different debate.) Assuming it does make the topic "stupid", though, you have said nothing because you have stated that one cannot simply call something stupid (into Mordor). :3

i also explained why it became something stupid... by saying that if they thought about it, they would logically come to the conclusion some how. I wasnt trying to insult her. Just saying that if they thought about it we wouldnt have a topic that hence insults us all by calling us all stupid.

I never said you were trying to insult her; I was just pointing out the flaw that was (and still is) present in your logic. And you never said anything about people drawing conclusions about the supposed stupidity of the topic. Or, if you did, it certainly wasn't clear enough. Also, the topic never called everyone stupid. She was asking, with a debatable level of seriousness, if anyone in this guild is smart.

I am sorry i didnt make my point entirely clear then. And she generally implied with the title "Is there anyone intelligent in this guild?" that there are stupid people or not many smart people in the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:00 pm
"

[Oh~
    I see.
    o.o

Hey everyone, Cheese is not the Dog Whisperer.

Better? :3
    ]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3
"

darlingtonia californica

Cheesewizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:00 pm
xicydawnx

I am sorry i didnt make my point entirely clear then. And she generally implied with the title "Is there anyone intelligent in this guild?" that there are stupid people or not many smart people in the guild.

Implied, yes. Some of the people, yes. But it didn't state that everyone is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:01 pm
xicydawnx

[You're taking it too seriously.]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3

darlingtonia californica

xBaby89Cakesx

Xyloid
xicydawnx
Just saying she didnt understand what i said and that telling me to shut up was really quite immature if she didnt understand

I was telling you to shoosh because you took it too seriously. xD

well thank u i guess.. lol  
[Harakiri]
"

[Oh~
    I see.
    o.o

Hey everyone, Cheese is not the Dog Whisperer.

Better? :3
    ]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3
"

Debatably. D:

Cheesewizard

xBaby89Cakesx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:02 pm
has anyone yet noticed that i like to argue?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:02 pm
[Harakiri]
xicydawnx

[You're taking it too seriously.]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3

Not really, no. At least, in the context of that friendly-yet-serious debate we were having. :3

Cheesewizard

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Me?
Smart?

*insert hysterical laughter here*

I don't think so. I try my best though. ^_^ Plus I'm too passive and quiet to be noticable. >W>

User ImageLove burns brighter than sunshineUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Xyloid
Nexus Carbuncle
Some people there are really nice, and some aren't.

You will never guess which of the two I am.

Well, I'd have to get to know you some more, or else I'd just be making a prejudgement whilst not knowing anything about you. I mean, you don't seem to be an "a*****e," just very blunt. And, there's nothing really wrong with that.

Nexus Carbuncle

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:06 pm
Cheesewizard

Debatably. D:

[Kiri no understand big werdz.
    Speak slow and use small werdz.
    KIRI SMASH! O:<

@otherpost
    xD All I looked at was the bottom of the post I quoted. xP; I'm too lazy to actually read large quote pyramids. xD
    ]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:11 pm
Nexus Carbuncle
Xyloid
Nexus Carbuncle

Well, I'd have to get to know you some more, or else I'd just be making a prejudgement whilst not knowing anything about you. I mean, you don't seem to be an "a*****e," just very blunt. And, there's nothing really wrong with that.

Everyone sees blunt as a*****e. I'm used to it. xD

Xyloid

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 pm
Xyloid
Nexus Carbuncle
Xyloid
Nexus Carbuncle

Well, I don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:13 pm
Kiruanna
I'm afraid to talk Xy, because I know what you can do.

don't be afraid of an a*****e like that. hee hee xp  

Zombie Jaime

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:13 pm
Xyloid

[I can be blunt at times and they don't call me an a*****e. C:

xD Well...maybe secretly.
    -Dagger glare at random Suitee who secretly thinks I'm an a*****e.-
    ninja heart
    ]

<|Go to my Giveaway|3