Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tamora Pierce - The Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

The first and official guild on Gaia dedicated to all things Tamora Pierce 

Tags: Tamora Pierce, Role-playing, Fan fiction, Discussions, Contests/Raffles. 

Reply Tamora Pierce - The Official Fan Guild
Other Recommended Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 pm
I'll have to give that a try. =3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 pm
I'm sure it's been suggested but I would happily suggest the Dragon Riders of Pern series.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue
Vice Captain

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:48 pm
I heard that was really really good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 pm
It is and that's actually where my Lessa's name came from. After I read the book I fell in love with that name and that's how my Lessa came to bear that name in particular out of all the ones I could have chosen  

Queen-of-the-Rogue
Vice Captain

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:54 pm
Ah, Anne McCaffrey is teh wonderfulness. I'm not sure about the books she co-authored with her son, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:01 pm
Yeah I haven't actually read any of those. I'm not all the inclined to actually. I have almost all the books with Lessa and F'lar in them. I have DROP, Skies, Weyrs, Renegades, Dawn, Song, and Singer. I'd like to get Masterharper eventually. If it has any mention of Lessa and F'lar I want it. The only exception to that is The Girl Who Heard Dragons as it wasn't that great and it was the only Pern story in that book.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue
Vice Captain

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 pm
You guys keep mentioning books I've been meaning to get around to reading.

Maybe that means I should get off my lazy bum and read them...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 am
Maybe it does Alan. I"m sure you'll get around to it Eventually. smile  

Queen-of-the-Rogue
Vice Captain

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:13 pm
Oh, and the Hollow Kingdom by Clare Dunkle is really good. I read it at least once a year. xp

I just recently found out that it's a trilogy, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next two books from ILL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 am

I think I already suggested this but Dies The Fire by S. M. Stirling is really good. It's a bit hard to get into, but once you do it's amazing.

I think everyone in the world should read it. It'll change the way you view things.

It'll change you in the fact that you won't take things for granted anymore.

It's part of a trilogy but I could never get into the second book and I haven't tried the third. The first book was perfect as a stand-alone.

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 pm
Alan the Great

I think I already suggested this but Dies The Fire by S. M. Stirling is really good. It's a bit hard to get into, but once you do it's amazing.

I think everyone in the world should read it. It'll change the way you view things.

It's part of a trilogy but I could never get into the second book and I haven't tried the third. The first book was perfect as a stand-alone.

Hmmm... Our library doesn't have that book, but we do have A Meeting at Corvallis. Do you know if that's any good?

Also: The Thirteenth Child by Patrica C. Wrede. Bonus: Tammy said nice things about her on the back cover. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm
Suta_Hisui
Alan the Great

Hmmm... Our library doesn't have that book, but we do have A Meeting at Corvallis. Do you know if that's any good?

Also: The Thirteenth Child by Patrica C. Wrede. Bonus: Tammy said nice things about her on the back cover. 3nodding

That's the third book. Don't read it yet.  

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:12 pm
Alan the Great
Suta_Hisui
Alan the Great

Wha?!!!?
But I got 2/3 of the way through it today at Books-A-Million! It was the only one they had! gonk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 am
Suta_Hisui
Alan the Great
Suta_Hisui
Alan the Great

Wha?!!!?
But I got 2/3 of the way through it today at Books-A-Million! It was the only one they had! gonk
Are we still talking about A Meeting an Corvallis?  

Seilde
Captain

Aged Werewolf

Queen-of-the-Rogue
Vice Captain

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Impossible by Nancy Werlin it's a very good book and a quick read it has about 376 pages and is about a girl who was to fulfill three tasks or she'll become the lover and slave of the evil elfin knight. She also only has until the Birth of her child to fulfill these tasks until she's sent into madness. A bonus it mentions Protector of the Small as one of the book series being reread at one point. I read it and squealed when I saw the reference.  
Tamora Pierce - The Official Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff