Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder... Island of the Lost (Full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jennibert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm
jennibert
Well, here's my character, Scarlett Mitchell, basketball star/rogue. I took the liberty of taking an extra feat because I wrote a background (I love DMs who give me extra stuff for doing what I would have done anyway! biggrin ) If there are any problems with her, please let me know.

Just making sure you noticed that I submitted my character, since you accepted one posted after me. smile  
Dallas Moonrain rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 4, 2, 3 Total: 15 (5-30)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm
just rolling my gold so I know how much I have to spend....  

Dallas Moonrain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:05 am
jennibert
jennibert
Well, here's my character, Scarlett Mitchell, basketball star/rogue. I took the liberty of taking an extra feat because I wrote a background (I love DMs who give me extra stuff for doing what I would have done anyway! biggrin ) If there are any problems with her, please let me know.

Just making sure you noticed that I submitted my character, since you accepted one posted after me. smile

getting his attention by quoting yourself. Quote him with a link to your character sheet.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 1 Total: 11 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 pm
Gold for barbarian - 3d6 x 10...  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:19 pm
glitterboypilot
[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Players may have one item from the modern time, as long as it is with the player it grants a plus 2 bonus to a check of the player’s choosing. Must be stated at the beginning and can’t be changed after. I will allow alternate ideas, if you think of one.

earlier post
If you agree, then the player gets to keep a item of the modern era... something small, like mp3 player, cellphone, etc etc... and as long as they keep this item, they get a bonus to something. (like if it is a mp3 player and they use it in combat, they will receive a plus +X to attack rolls, if a laptop they get to cut down on preparation for spells or a bonus on knowledge, or other intelligence checks) It will be up to the player to define what this bonus is.. and for what. I still have the right to say no

So, what should we be doing for our "modern" item? Should it be kind of like an item that gives us a trait? Should we just stick to the +2 to a skill option? Could I get something that gives a +2 to an attack roll instead of a skill? Or to a save?

Just trying to figure out what to give my character, as she's complete aside from that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 pm
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I'm having trouble figuring out what to give my character. Since he's basically done aside from that (I may tweak his gear here and there), I'll go ahead and post him: Brandon Steele.  

Dallas Moonrain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:42 pm
glitterboypilot

Here is my completed profile for my Tiefling Alchemist Cammy:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=431145

My wife AlphabetFish is also making a character, a Human Fighter with some kind of shield specialization.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 am
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=62307

Chris Hostetler, All-American football hero  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 am
Still waiting on the verdict on the modern item, but I figure I should get my character posted either way...

Cerise B. Persica, barbarian school girl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:17 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
glitterboypilot
[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Players may have one item from the modern time, as long as it is with the player it grants a plus 2 bonus to a check of the player’s choosing. Must be stated at the beginning and can’t be changed after. I will allow alternate ideas, if you think of one.

earlier post
If you agree, then the player gets to keep a item of the modern era... something small, like mp3 player, cellphone, etc etc... and as long as they keep this item, they get a bonus to something. (like if it is a mp3 player and they use it in combat, they will receive a plus +X to attack rolls, if a laptop they get to cut down on preparation for spells or a bonus on knowledge, or other intelligence checks) It will be up to the player to define what this bonus is.. and for what. I still have the right to say no

So, what should we be doing for our "modern" item? Should it be kind of like an item that gives us a trait? Should we just stick to the +2 to a skill option? Could I get something that gives a +2 to an attack roll instead of a skill? Or to a save?

Just trying to figure out what to give my character, as she's complete aside from that.

Ignoring the first question for now.... yes.... yes...... yes.... and yes....

Taking Mongooseh's character for example, he took a small flip blade and applied the bonus to escape artist. Meaning it is too small to be used in combat, but still can cut though rope or leave a sting

I don't care what you guys have, as long as it makes sense...

Would it be better if I just gave a list of options that you could pick from?  

glitterboypilot

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:15 am
glitterboypilot
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
glitterboypilot
[ House/Optional Rules ]

earlier post

Taking Mongooseh's character for example, he took a small flip blade and applied the bonus to escape artist. Meaning it is too small to be used in combat, but still can cut though rope or leave a sting

I personally think +2 to hit is really cheesey considering that's nearly half of what a +2 weapon does. +2 to skill bonuses seemed more legit to me and didn't make me feel like I'm power gaming.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 am
Hmm... interesting. I'd kind of forgotten to worry about the modern item. Should probably get that determined for Elyssa... Not really sure what I'd do with it. Gonna have to muse on it a bit...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am
Mongooseh
glitterboypilot
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
glitterboypilot
[ House/Optional Rules ]

earlier post

I personally think +2 to hit is really cheesey considering that's nearly half of what a +2 weapon does. +2 to skill bonuses seemed more legit to me and didn't make me feel like I'm power gaming.

good point, didn't really think about it that way and now, I am not really sure how an item would effect your attack that much...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm
Dr James Alexander Moore, Scholar and Teifling Extraordinaire!

Edit: On a side note a scholar starts with no money (JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!) so I did not by anything.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers