Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole nodded at his words and went back to editing and writing out statements. She of course thought of her children as she was working but knew they were in capable hands, but also had taught them how to run away and get help if needed. That thought made her sigh inaudibly, children as young as they were weren't supposed to have such burdens and it was all her fault! If she had just stood up to him, if she had just left after Timothy was born, if she hadn't married him in the first place...no. She couldn't think like that, she loved her children regardless of the situation they were brought into, she would never be sorry for that. Again Nicole sighed as she sent away another notice to authors that had written about strange differences in earlier edits of their works. Between this she filled out proper tax forms, bill payments, and even helped the odd customer here and there. The young woman was still uncomfortable around people but she was getting better. She had to.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Books | With: Boss | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tanya pulled along her still tiny little brother into the now familiar book store. After begging and pleading with their baby sitter she had finally agreed to take them to Diagon Alley to visit their Mama. As they walked in Timmy immediately had his eyes upon all the books while his older sister just sighed expectantly. "Cookie c'mon, we don't have time for that right now." the little boy pouted but nodded all the same. Mother's day had come and gone without much fanfare because their Mama had said that she had enough, but the children just wanted to show how much they appreciated her. So after scrimping and saving as much as they could they wanted to take her out for lunch. Finally they made it back to her desk and without warning flung themselves at her. "Mama!"

Nicole
Tanya
Timmy

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne
Owner of Whizz Hard Books

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin walked out of his office, thumbing through some papers. He had been quite busy lately, and worked had picked up. It was too bad that he didn't have more help. At least it seemed that Nicole had been able to keep up with her duties. He himself had been unsure about her hiring, however, apparently even imperioused he was still able to make intelligent decisions.

He looked up as he heard some voices in the front of the shop. He walked up, his brow furrowed. Well now. Apparently there were kids here. He rose an eyebrow, examining the situation as he watched them hug their mother. He decided to step forward and look over at Nicole.
"Are these your children? I didn't know you had any." Or maybe he had. He however looked down at the two, trying to determine if they were going to be a nuisance or not.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Observant
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 pm
User Image

Nicole surprised, to say the least, when her children came running towards her talking excitedly, and writing excitedly, about a surprise they had cooked up for her. "What in Merlin's name are you two doing here? A present? You didn't have,,,alright! Let me at least get my cloak." Her boss came over and saw her with her children before asking about them. She frowned for a second, sure that he had met them when she applied for the job, but assumed that since he hadn't seen them in so long he might've forgotten. "Yes sir, this is my oldest Tanya and my youngest Timothy ages eight and five respectively. They were just coming by to take me out for a surprise l-lunch." she blushed lightly after explaining everything with her two children nodding happily.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: Gearvin Tanya, and Timmy | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Whizz Hard Books // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Lonely
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'If I keep this up, I won't have any more books to buy or read, I'll own them all!'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Fiona entered the book store with a blank face, a mask covering her depression. She was usually very happy and vibrant, but lately, she'd felt the weight of loneliness crushing her. She'd had many friends in school, but she'd lost touch with them long ago. It hadn't bothered her after she'd left school; between her apprenticeship and working at Madame Malkin's, she'd been too busy to think about it. Then again, that was likely the reason she'd lost touch with them all. Then, when the shop had been left to her, she'd immediately set to remodeling, which had lasted so very long that she hadn't had time to pay any attention to a social life. Now, with the shop remodeled and mostly dead until the month before school, she'd realized that she was incredibly lonely. No friends, and not enough work to fill that void, had left her alone with her books. Now, she'd read them all, multiple times, and she needed new ones. She supposed she could try to meet people, but honestly, it seemed so desperate to try going out just to make friends. She sighed, looking around. She'd be buying a lot of books, more likely than not.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:16 pm
User Image

Nicole had been vigorously editing a new potion's textbook becoming more and more irritated as the book went on. Egads is this what the youth was learning? Not on her watch! By the time she finished the book a long strongly worded letter had been composed, also in the special red ink, about their potion knowledge, herbology knowledge, and knowledge in general. Finishing it and sending it with one of their owls she nearly dropped her head onto her desk but instead rubbed her temples with a groan. Suddenly the chime went off by the door signalling a customer and Nicole looked up to see curly haired young woman come in with a neutral blank expression. Putting on a greeting smile she stood from her desk and walked over towards her. "Hello and welcome to Whizz Hard Books, is there anything I can help you with?" she asked congenially.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A customer | Feeling: Agitated | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'If I keep this up, I won't have any more books to buy or read, I'll own them all!'

User Image

Fiona blinked a little when the woman addressed her. She hadn't realized she was there, and it took her a moment to realize that she was talking to her. After a moment's confusion, she shook her head, offering a nervous smile. "No, thank'ee, tha's qui' alrigh', I theenk I ken manage." She blushed. Her accent tended to get a bit out of control when she was nervous, and she hadn't really spoken to anyone but a client in... God, had it really been that long? She fought to keep her face pleasant and glanced over at the bookshelves. "I'm jes' here tae expand mah collection. I'm afreed I've run oot o' books tae keep mahseelf entertained."

"No, thank you, that's quite alright, I think I can manage."
"I'm just here to expand my collection. I'm afraid I've run out of books to keep myself entertained."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 pm
User Image

Nicole had to pause for a few seconds after hearing the woman speak to gauge exactly what she was saying from her thick accent, but when she did she smiled in earnest and pointed to a shelf right by the store front window. "Well, we just put up the new recently published books so if you're looking for something new that would be the book shelf for it. The brown skinned woman watched the customer almost intently with this unknown feeling that she had seen her somewhere..."I umm, I don't mean to be a bother but I was wondering if you worked somewhere in the Alley? I know I've seen your face somewhere." she blushed at her question and assumption not used to being so bold.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A customer | Feeling: Nostalgic and Embarrassed | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one

User Image

Fiona turned to the shelf the woman had indicated, glancing over the titles. A few caught her eye, but nothing stood out as particularly interesting. She pursed her lips. She needed to stop being so picky. "Thank'ee, lass," she said, conscious of her accent, trying to keep it level. It seemed odd to worry about that with such a short phrase, but really, the lack of words made it all the more important.

When the woman mentioned seeing her around, Fiona smiled and blushed ever so slightly.
                                  "Aye, I'm th' new owner o' Madame Malkin's Robes few All Occasions. Jus' finished remodeling i' las' year, I'm afraid tha' since then, business has been rather slow, aside from the star' o' each new school year." Her expression grew a little sad. She hated that business was so slow. When she'd been a child, and when she'd first started working for the shop, there had been a constant stream of customers, people coming in all the time for alterations and new robes and anything else they could think of. But now... now she never saw anyone but first years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm
User Image

Nicole nodded before flushing silently. It wasn't her fault she hadn't known that, so why did she feel so guilty. "O-oh. I'm sorry I haven't recognized you or been in your store. It's been awhile since I've...been in public. I'm still getting used to everything." she looked down towards her scuffed heels.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A customer | Feeling: Nostalgic and Embarrassed | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one

User Image

Fiona waved a hand, noticing the woman's embarrassment. "I'd har'ly say tha's some'in' tae apologize fer. I dinae recognize ye, either, an' I'm sure ye've been around, aye?" When the woman mentioned not having been out in public, and getting used to things, Fiona's instincts kicked in. That sounded rather familiar... rather like her mother had, after she'd left her father. Her eyes grew wide with concern. She looked over the woman discreetly, noting that, yes, she seemed a little worse for wear, and worn thin, like she'd been through a lot. It was a familiar look. Fiona would bet her whole shop that the woman had been through something similar to what had happened between her parents. The thought made her sad. She hated to think that there were people like that out there. She offered the woman a smile. "Anyway, i's qui'e alrigh', we're meetin' now, aye? Fiona McKinney. I's a pleasure tae meet ye." She extended her hand. Fiona noted the woman's shoes. They were scuffed, probably old. "If ye need a new pair o' shoes, I ken prolly ge' ye a pair fer cheap. Some'in' nice tae wear fer work." After she said it, she wanted to wince. She was being far too nosy, and presumptuous. She might have just offended the woman. Perhaps the shoes were worn because they were favorites, not because she couldn't afford more. Still, she kept the wince to herself, not wanting to upset the woman any more than she might have already.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am
User Image

Nicole flushed yet again before shaking her head silently. "No, well to be honest it's been about six years since I was even part of the world, magical or muggle. I just...just came back around two years ago." She began fiddling with her fingers trying to find something to do with them and soon went back to her desk to began file her papers and grabbed a stack of books to put away onto the shelves. When the woman-Fiona-introduced herself she smiled back at her feeling her tension melt away. "Nicole Cherri, also a pleasure." she responded. Nicole stiffened slightly when she made a comment over her shoes and asked about another pair she could get for a smaller price. Instead of getting offended she gave a chuckle and a shake. "Thank you but no thank you. I always have this feeling that when I go and get something I need or want my kids are going to need something even worse than I and I end up paying for them instead. But I never regret it! My kids are my life." her words softened as she spoke thinking of Tanya and Tim.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With:Fiona | Feeling: Nostalgic and Embarrassed | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 am
I'm in HERE, can anybody SEE me?
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in HERE, a prisoner of HISTORY,
Can anybody HELP?

BERNADETTE MORGAN ALDRED
PROUD MUGGLEBORN
FORMER RAVENCLAW

Can't you hear my call: Embarrassed | Are you coming to get me now: I'm such a klutz! | I've been waiting for you to come rescue me: Nicole and Fiona | I need you to hold all the sadness I can not, living inside of me: Whizz Hard Books |
Wearing

Bernadette entered the shop a bit self consciously, brushing back a lock of dark hair away from her face as she did so. She hadn't been out in Diagon Alley since the summer, and she still didn't really feel up to it. Her father's death had left her struggling to get through every day, and she'd only recently gotten out of her depression. The remnants of grief still clung to her like a cloak, but she'd though it best to preoccupy herself with something. Books had seemed like a good solution. The former Ravenclaw was all out of new reading material, and while she knew they couldn't really afford her dashing out to buy new books all the time, Dustin had been insistent. He'd told her to go and not worry about money, it was worth it if it made her feel better. A small smile crept onto her face at the memory.

She turned her attention to the shelves and spotted a title that caught her eye. The petite woman reached up with one arm, as the other was paralyzed and therefore useless, straining to reach the book. Her fingers gripped the spine and she triumphantly pulled it out, only to knock down several other books in the process. Her pale face blushed crimson, and Bernadette mumbled a few choice words under her breath as she levitated the books she knocked down back to their proper places. Glancing down, fervently hoping no one had seen her clumsiness, and her heart sank. There were two women chatting very close by. Of course they had seen her. She blushed even harder, if that was possible.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

I'm in HERE, I'm trying to tell you SOMETHING,
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in here, I'm calling OUT but you can't HEAR,
Can anybody HELP?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 pm
User Image

Just as she had finished replying to Fiona, Nicole heard the soft thud of falling books and looked over to see a stricken woman levitating the fallen books back into their place on the bookshelf. She also saw the bright blush on her cheeks and went over to investigate with a sympathetic smile. "I've actually talked to Mr. Whitethorne about this bookshelf, I swear it's haunted. Every time I put a book in place or try to take one from it all the books either fall off or the darned shelf falls. It's horribly frustrating!"

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: Fiona and another customer | Feeling: Sympathetic | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:37 pm
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one

User Image

Fiona knew she had stepped over the line when Nicole got a bit defensive, and she bit her lip. She was almost relieved when the newcomer knocked over several books and drew Nicole's attention. She blushed and narrowed her eyes, looking down at that thought. How horrible of her! She glanced over to the new woman, noting that she held herself in an unusual manner. How very odd... she wondered what caused it. Then, shook her head again. She'd done quite enough damage with her assumptions today. This was why she had no friends. It'd been so long since she'd been social with anyone but a child, she didn't know how to anymore. She turned to Nicole. "Erm... thank'ee fer yer help, Miss Cherri. I, ah, I should be gettin' back tae my shop." Her feet shuffled awkwardly. She hadn't bought any books...

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas