Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D20 Modern] Steel Titans [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jennibert

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:14 pm
Madge is less than impressed with the commander. Lack of patience is a poor quality in a leader. Sending us in blind and unprepared will only prove how suicidal we are. She spares him a look of superior disdain and then turns back to her new teammates, nodding at each as they commented on their abilities and reevaluating her assessment of the insubordinate mechanic.

"That sounds a good plan," she agrees with Toby, looking over his shoulder at the map to try and find a good sniper position. "What about there? Should be good cover with a good line of sight to the building. How quickly can you get there?" she asks Jack, looking up as Tress speaks, and again reevaluates her teammate. "That's a good plan as well. Any chance of that computer?" She looks at the commander.

"As for the other four of us, if you're stealthy, why don't you take point," she adds to Bridgitte. "We three can follow you back a few paces with the medic in the middle--a good medic is too valuable to leave open to attack," she adds to Gavin. "I can take up the rear, unless you'd rather," she finishes, looking at Toby again.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm
User Image"With all due respect, sir - I may like to move fast, but I don't run in blindly when I don't have to. You want us to accomplish the mission, and you never stipulated that there was a particularly time-sensitive case for this. You want to see how well we can act, you let us figure out what we're each bringing to the table and know exactly how to utilize it. I certainly wouldn't want to be out there under heavy fire and only then discover that Mittens here didn't even know which way to point her gun." Bridgitte points her thumb over her shoulder at Tress. "You may not care how we get the job done, but we do, because we're the ones that would die if the mission went south."

She pulled her handgun, adjusted it a bit, and turned towards the group again. "I'm good with scouting around the building for a flank, but I'd rather not be getting slowed down or losing my advantage because of someone else who isn't as stealth trained. Maybe a pincer maneuver?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 20-sided dice: 14, 9, 1 Total: 24 (3-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:56 am
Once within the 'field' of operations, he stopped behind some cover taking a moment to try to see any enemies in windows with his scope and work on trying to figure out how many enemies may be inside.

+10 Move Silently to get to cover. (24)
+11 Hide to keep out of sight on the way to cover and while peeking out. (20)
+5 Spot to see anything. (6)

rolled in order.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm
"I do apologize for my sense of urgency. There are a few higher-ups in this operation that are wanting results out of you as soon as possible. Since this is not a real situation, then there is no time situation. However, we prefer that you act as if this was a time critical situation and handle it with the utmost urgency. There will be a clock on the wall of our building outside. Well, more like a screen that is showing a clock. It is set for thirty minutes. The timer starts as soon as all of you exit this room or any of you get too far away from the building. If the time reaches zero before you complete your mission, the hostages are immediately killed and the mission is deemed a failure and none of you will ever see the Guardians again most likely. Of course, that is up to the higher ups." The commander laughed a bit. He didn't exactly like rushing his men but with other people breathing down his neck, it felt like a slowly tightening cord was around his throat. "Once again, good luck to you all."

[Spot: Success - You spot two guards right outside of the building standing next to the front door. They are right out in the open so it wasn't to hard to notice. Unfortunately, you cannot quite make out what equipment they have on them or anything else they have with them]  

raozspaz

jennibert

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm
"Seems like that would have been useful information to know in advance," says Madge briskly. "After all, real terrorists would probably give those sorts of ultimatums and they would presumably tell the counterterrorism team that in advance." She looks away from the commander back towards her team.

"I don't like the idea of you being too far off on your own, mostly for safety reasons--no backup makes it harder to rescue you if you should find something beyond your capabilities," she says to Bridgitte. "I don't think that anyone other than the sniper here has much in the way of stealth training, so unless we want to reevaluate our plan of attack, you'd probably still be best off being a bit ahead of the rest of us, at least to start."  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 pm
User Image"Um... commander? About that computer? Is it possible? I mean, there's not much else I can really do here..."

She looks at the people who seem to be in charge at the group level. "I could maybe try and sneak up with some explosives. I'm not bad at being quiet, being a cat and all, and I know a bit about explosive agents. I'm afraid I'm not being much use right now."  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

raozspaz

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:44 pm
The commander from the comm room calls something down to the armory master and the man itside nods his head. He walks over to Tress and places something around her wrist. Its a small tracking device that looks very similar to a watch. "Sorry. But this is the best we can do for now. Once you get close enough, a small red dot should appear on the tracker. Also, you can set it to track nearby heat signatures as well by pressing this button. They appear as blue dots. If they are moving, they will be blinking. If they are not moving, then they will be a solid color." The man smiles and then walks back into the armory.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:08 pm
User Image"Okay, so... just to clear things up, our plan is for myself and a two others to infiltrate the compound, while we position a sniper on the hill to try and provide heavy cover fire. And the computer that the cat requested only works when extremely close, so our heavy machine gun fire back-up is pretty well useless since we don't have a clear shot. So, this sounds like fun, I guess. I guess we should get going, eh Madge?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image"Well, it looks like I'll be sneaking up after all. I wouldn't mind some company, but I understand if that would jeopardize the rest of the mission. How far is the range, sirs?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:25 pm
"Actually, the plan was for you and three others, but since it seems the sniper has already gone off on his own--" damn him "--maybe we ought to rearrange. She says she stealthy" Madge says with a nod at Tress, "so maybe you two should go ahead, and we'll circle around." Her mind races. "Though, she says she's stealthy because she's neko. Does that mean you are too?" she asks, looking at Gavin. "Because no offense, miss, but I'd rather have the person with the least weapon experience in the larger team so we can protect you better." This to Tress, and then she looks at Toby. "Unless you have another idea that we can discuss quickly?"  

jennibert

raozspaz

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm
The guards outside of the building keep light on their legs and keep rocking back and forth, waiting. They begin saying a few things to each other, but it is impossible to make out what. As they continue though, the door between them opens and four more people come out. They say a few things to the guards and the guards go inside the building, two of the four replacing them. The other two begin walking away from the building, just somewhat wandering around the local area.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm
"Let's see... that's at least six... as just guards. Add in at least two for the back, that's eight. Then some higher ups... let's round it out at ten." He mutters quietly to himself before carefully pulling back towards the group.

+10 move silently. (14)
+11 hide. (21)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:27 am
Toby sighed "no, what was already discussed seems best, i say we go now before the impatient one fails this mission for all of us."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm
User Image"I'll do whatever you tell me to do, Ma'am. I'll do my best to not be a burden, and combat experience will probably do me good.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:02 pm
"I'm decently stealthy, I guess," says Gavin with a shrug. He pauses for a moment, checking the action on his weapons, and then looks at Bridgitte. "Guess we should get going then. Since you're actually trained in stealth and I'm just running on instinct, maybe you should take the lead." He offers her a very catlike grin and thinks If I'm gonna follow someone, she might as well have something nice to follow.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff