Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride: the angels on the move

Back to Guilds

This is based on the series Maximum Ride by James Patterson. 

Reply Maximum Ride: the angels on the move
A Fresh Start (A new Rp) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 am
Jason Grace

User Image

"All I've got are apples," Jason said, pulling two out of his pocket and tossing one to Courtney and the other to Agua. "I was planning on stealing more food when I reached the nearest town."
(wrters block, sorry)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm
Agua Picina

User Image
"Thanks," Agua spoke through a mouth full of apple. The fruit did little to cure his hunger, but made a difference."We should get moving at first light. My wing is feeling a bit better, numb. I'll be able to fly a short distance tomorrow." Laying down now, he found the most comfortable posistion that could be managed. Sleep found Agua quickly. He drifted off into another world, filled with a silver light. The sliver light grew and grew, until an unbearable heat filled his body. Agua woke up panting not 30 minutes later. 'It's going to be a long night,' he thought.  

keany-beany
Crew

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm
User Image
Courtney Johnson

Courtney watched as Agua fell asleep. She herself sat down and stayed awake, the drug making her sleep pattern weird, even if she fell unconscious for a short while. She looked at the moon in it's beautiful phase and back at Agua. It was not too long before the boy woke. "Never gets old, does it?" She asked, nodding up to the sky. Silly Americans, they had too many things going for them to not notice the sky. Even Europeans, sometimes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:04 pm
User Image

Caine Escandon

One minute you're on top
The next you're not watch it drop
Making your heart stop
Just before you hit the floor

.:::: Caine shot a smirk at Flare. "Merci beacoup, madame." He said before taking a running start and jumping up into the night sky. He circled a bit, waiting for Flare to rise and take her lead.
:::.

One minute you're on top
Next you're not missed your shot
Making you're heart stop
You think you've won
And then its all gone

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

Gylfie531
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm
XSinistre ........... "Flare" ........... VeninX
User ImageUser Image✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
At Caine's comment, Flare grinned lopsidedly for a fraction of a second, enjoying playing with him. Then she ran a few paces and took off into the air, heading almost vertically into the air so she rose above Caine, then turned to the level and banked in a slow circle, three meters above him. When she came to the right place, she flapped her wings slightly, propelling herself towards the place she'd last seen her prey.
"It should only take a few minutes to reach the place," she called over her shoulder. The leaves of the forest rushed past below her, and she dropped down so her wings nearly brushed them as she stroked downwards, her eyes searching the sea of green for the right place. The wind had shifted behind them, she'd noticed, which seemed odd; but perhaps it was nothing. Perhaps not. She'd have to keep an eye on it. In any case, she knew the kilometers would be eaten below them, with the addition of the fair breeze, and slowed her pace slightly, not wanting to be seen if there was someone on watch at their camp.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"Swing through sadness, tears of joy.
Curse the sunlight. Arsenic for the girls and boys."

"Drink the madness, smoke so coy.
Smile injected. Serum of a will destroyed."

"Serum of a will.
Serum of a will destroyed."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 am
Jason Grace

User Image

Jason sat with his back against his tree and closed his eyes, extending his senses. His mind brushed against Courtney and Agua's, registering their familiarity before gong further, listening for anyone else approaching. He kept reaching further, small animals slipping his notice.

Faithfull Fire

keany-beany
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm
Agua Picina

User Image
Agua glanced at the moon now, it was nearly new. A shudder ran through his body as he felt how weak he was. The moon influenced him in so many ways, now wasn't the time to be easily defeated. "Oh it does after a while," Agua gave Courtney a tired smirk. Looking over to Jason, he saw that his eyes were closed, but his breathing was still in his chest, showing that he was still awake. "I only need a few hours sleep before I can move on. I doubt we'll be found here for a while, so why don't we all sleep?" Agua was uncomfortable working with others. His every instinct was screaming to flee as far away from everyone as possible, to lash out at anyone who came close to him. That wouldn't do, no, not at all. The conflict inside him was only going to grow worse as time went on. Agua silenced all thoughts of running, and re-focused on Jason and Courtney.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 pm
User Image
Courtney Johnson

Courtney smirked back and looked at the boys. She slept when she could when she was alone, but she wasn't on her own schedule, she was a team. Someone once said that when a teammate jumps off a cliff, they should all. Sleep wouldn't hurt; she was still on edge, but she needed it. They all needed it. "Sure." She said with a shrug.  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 am
Jason Grace

User Image

Jason pulled his senses back from the forest as Agua suggested they all get some sleep. At the lab he usually slept when he was sure they were finished with their experiments for the day, and on the few occasions when he managed to escape he'd never had the chance to sleep. 'Sure.' His sounded in Agua and Courtney's minds as he relaxed, slipping into sleep, and his usual dream of the night his sister was killed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am
(Are we just going to say "And they all woke up a few hours later, alive." Or is there going to be a chase, etc.?  

keany-beany
Crew

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm
(Maybe a chase or something...)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 pm
After several minutes' flying, Flare recognized the place where she had left the hybrids. She circled and landed some meters away, then pressed her ear to the ground, listening intently, her hand splayed out to feel the slightest vibration of a footstep or slight shift on the ground. There was nothing more than the usual slight movements of animals, nothing that would suggest her prey was awake or moving about. Still, there was no reason to become relaxed. They could wake up at the slightest sound. Not looking to see if Caine was following her, she crept along the ground, feet making no noise on the brush, sliding silently across the forest floor.
As she approached the rock, she tasted the air for a scent, but received none. Frowning slightly, she peered through the trees for the tell-tale orange auras which would glow around her quarry. All she found were greens and blues and purples; there was no warmth beneath those trees. Moving more quickly, she came to the boulder, one throwing drawn and poised to throw in a quick movement. As she rounded the corner, she could tell that the scent was stale, and the hybrids must have moved on. They had not stayed here, though they had looked like they were settling down for the night. Flare flew into a range, throwing her knife against the boulder so it rebounded and bit into her own arm. Cursing, she hissed angrily and bent to pick up the blade.
Foiledtwiceinoneday. Didn'tItellyouyouwereafailure? Didn'tIalwaystellyou? Youshouldhavegivenuplongago,givenuponlifeandhopeandjoyandjustgoneanddiedsomewhere. You'llneverbebetterthanhewas. Don'tthinkthatonetraitcanputyouabovehimforever. You'llneverberidofhim. He'llalwaysbewithyou. Always.' As the words bled into her mind, she turned the knife over and over in her hands, her eyes flickering around the scene, ignoring the long but shallow cut that was now creating a long, deep-red streak as the blood oozed out of it. Her other hand found the fangs once more, pressing them against her cold skin through her shirt, then let them go and clenched her hand into a fist, her right hand clenching on the knife blade so it cut her fingers, though she did not notice, like usual.
They were here! I swear they were here, they were making camp! Why would they move? Why? WHY?!" She was yelling at herself as much as she was justifying her actions to Caine. Wiping her own blood off her blade and onto her pants, she sheathed her knife and closed her eye, breathing quickly but trying to calm herself so she could think clearly, teeth clenched.

((Sorry all, I was busy all day Tuesday and exhausted yesterday. I know that's no excuse for not posting, but I just wanted to apologize for sort of holding this up. Sorry!))

"Serum of a will.

Gylfie531
Crew

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm
User Image

Caine Escandon

One minute you're on top
Making your heart stop

.:::: Caine followed the snake with a closed mouth but yet an open mind. The gun he had had only one more round in it, proving to be of no use, and his options, limited to dispose or reload, the latter much impossible. He descended as Flare did, quick to copy. A power that he'd always wanted was future sight. It would be completely handy to make use of what he could see, but make everything seem dull. Once, a twin group had the power to see certain outcomes, the older bad, and the younger one the good. The older always seemed to be happy, the younger vice-versa. What would one that saw both would?
The mutants had moved and the first thing he smelled was blood. It wasn't the shadow, the water boy, or the telepath, it was his partner's. He watched as she yelled at herself and made angry marks on her hand, or at least from what he could assume from the darkness. Caine wasn't a person to touch others, so when the want to put a hand on his partner's shoulder arose, he declined it. "You don't need to be so hard on yourself." He said, half with sympathy. He looked up at the sky, his wings still a bit out. "Odds are they didn't feel safe. They couldn't have gone too far." He continued. "You hurting yourself is hurting more than just you." The last phrase was muttered softly, but he was sure she could hear it.

One minute you're on top
Making you're heart stop
You think you've won
And then its all gone

((I feel like I'm being lazy. Kai's been distracting me. >.> Thanks Kai...))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 pm
As Caine spoke, Flare's eye snapped open. He was probably right, but she didn't acknowledge it. It was her mind telling her she was a failure, not herself. She could not stop it. Instead of acknowledging his statements as the logic they were, she simple looked down at her fingers and realized that they were bleeding. Licking the blood from her palm, she pulled a half-smile and looked at Caine out of the corner of her eye.
"If you think this is pain, you hardly begin to understand the meaning of the word." But instead of pursuing the topic to the rambling paths of psychological torture, which she would have loved to digress on, she changed the subject quickly. "Any idea which way they went?" she asked quickly, sticking her index finger into her mouth so that the blood ran over her tongue and down her throat. She didn't utterly trust herself anymore, and though she didn't trust Caine either, she would have to work with him for now, so she had to build up some sort of false trust, act like she would rely on him and trust his judgement.

"Serum of a will.

Gylfie531
Crew

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:21 pm
User Image

Caine Escandon

One minute you're on top
Making your heart stop

.:::: Caine wasn't sure what to say from what Flare had told him. He knew he probably didn't understand the girl, nor the pain she had probably gone through, but it was clear that her reply to it wasn't healthy, at least not in his opinion. But it wasn't the time to discuss it, not the time to correct people. He shook his head. "With any guess, I'd believe in that direction." He said. "My senses aren't great, but I'd guess because that's a good route, away from the lab as well."

One minute you're on top
Making you're heart stop
You think you've won
And then its all gone

Maximum Ride: the angels on the move

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers