Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ending The War, It Begins [SWSE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm
Dallas Moonrain
{Ayan-Dar also uses his force perception again as the ship approaches the planet, hoping to detect what might be on the surface. +15}

This close to the surface, your ties to the Force suddenly make you aware of something you hadn't noticed earlier in orbit. Somewhere within the base, you detect a potent sign of someone strongly tied to the Force. A light-side Force user.  
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 pm
{Anyway I can tell any more about this light-side force user? A Use the Force check, or another perception check? +15 either way...}  

Dallas Moonrain

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 pm
Dallas Moonrain
{Anyway I can tell any more about this light-side force user? A Use the Force check, or another perception check? +15 either way...}

{Detecting from this distance means it's likely a very powerful Force User, such as a Jedi Knight of no insignificant skill, such as Obiwan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, or some other remarkable talented Jedi. Even your master wouldn't have been this strong this far out.}  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 pm
"How odd," Ayan-Dar says quietly, almost seeming like he didn't even realizing he was speaking aloud. "I didn't expect that." He blinks once, and then looks up at the others. "It seems that there is a powerful force-user on this planet--one who uses the light side of the force like the Jedi Order. I would think that our superiors would have told us if we should expect Jedi assistance...I cannot think what it would mean..."  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 am
User Image"Wait, what? There's a Jedi here? Where?" Dakine sits upright. "Maybe... maybe he's been captured by the separatists."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 pm
The ship touches down on the landing platform, and the computer informs you that, though the planet's air is somewhat thin, it is still habitable. Gravity is a little less than standard as well {granting a +2 circumstance bonus to Acrobatics checks}. There is no movement in the landing area. The facility, viewable from the starboard side, is a grey metal and plasteel monstrosity, devoid of any aesthetic design and clearly designed with function as foremost in the minds of the developers. The entry is sealed, a code pad set in the wall beside it.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Emerald the Crow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm
"Well, we should probably get moving. Hacking our way in via that data pad would probably be better than just blowing it up, right. How's about I get to that while you work the charges on those fuel storage units, Tiberius? Everyone else, get ready to bust in. And I'll see if I can't figure out this Jedi thing that you're sensing, Ayan-dar." Knives got up from her chair, rummaged through her belongings, and drew out a computer unit and a blaster. She headed out the exit, looking for any movement as she moved across the platform, grateful for the lighter gravity easing up her load. Dashing over to the data pad, she started synching her computer with it, trying to get technical readouts of the facility while she tried to crack the access code.

{Use Computer, +15}  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:17 pm
[NOTE FROM ORIGINAL DM]

Wow. I am actually glad that this whole thing kept going even without me. It is . . . Well . . . To say the least, awesome. I really do apologize for not being here. My roommate became quite seriously deathly ill. Between me staying with her and working, I really had no time to be on GAIA. I really do apologize once again for the whole situation.

Now, I have no idea what you guys have been doing now will I most likely be able to figure it out sometime soon so I will just leave with one final choice message. You guys can either continue on as you are which wouldn't bother me in the least or I could take back over after a brief explanation of how you guys have been handling things. The choice is entirely yours.

- Thank you for reading -
- - - Raozspaz - - -  

raozspaz

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 pm
Well, here's how I feel about this:

Anatarei has done a good job of being our GM while you were on hiatus. However, this is still your game, if you decide you want to come back. I can't speak for Anatarei, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Now, the reason why I say that is because I've been in a similar situation. Sometimes real life intervenes, especially when it comes to illness. It certainly was not your doing that your roommate was ill, and you have a very valid reason for leaving as you did. Most GMs online generally got bored and just abandoned games, sometimes even mid-combat.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 pm
Id never do such a thing. If Im going to be gone for an extended time, Id tell you guys. But If I poof off like this, its most likely cause something happened. I think its rude for a gm to just bail on his players.  

raozspaz

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm
{To be honest, I kind of would mind. I've actually been getting kind of excited with the plot I've cooked up and have been laying the foundation for here, and I'd hate to just not have it. Granted, this game was started by you, but you disappeared for months. We waited several weeks before we even talked about continuing the game and someone taking over, and I certainly wasn't sure what to do specifically, but I have kind of enjoyed it and was looking forward to continuing.

It's up to everyone, honestly. You certainly had a good reason for disappearing, but taking the time out maybe for a few moments to let us know what was going on would certainly have been nice. If everyone else would rather you take over, that's fine and it certainly can be done. I'm not sure I'll stick around, because it'd just be a little bit weird.}  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 pm
raozspaz
Id never do such a thing. If Im going to be gone for an extended time, Id tell you guys.

Not to be mean, but that's not what you did. I understand that you had an extremely valid reason for not being around, and I certainly hope your roommate is doing much better. But you have to understand that from what we could tell, you disappeared with no explanation like many other flaky DMs (and/or players) on these boards.

Now, having said that, the game is yours, and I do feel that since you started it, you have every right to take it back over if that's what you want to do. But I'm going to remain skeptical for a while.  

Dallas Moonrain

raozspaz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 pm
Be as skeptical as you wish. If you guys wish to continue doing this on your own, then feel free to continue as you wish. Do whatever you think is the most enjoyable and most in your favor.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 am
I propose a compromise. We'll finish this track Anatarei is on while you, razor, play his character. Then, we'll pick up where you wanted to take us.

It doesn't make a lot of sense when I explain like this, but it should work out fine.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:58 am
Dion Necurat
I propose a compromise. We'll finish this track Anatarei is on while you, razor, play his character. Then, we'll pick up where you wanted to take us.

It doesn't make a lot of sense when I explain like this, but it should work out fine.

I think that would depend on how far-reaching Anatarei's plans would be. If they're just for this complex, that wouldn't be an issue. If it's more of a framework for the rest of the campaign... that could cause a hiccup.

For my part, I am also highly skeptical. Raozspaz, you say you wouldn't just drop the game and you'd tell us if you were going to be gone for an extended period of time, but the evidence doesn't add up. After no responses from you for weeks, I did determine that you had, in fact, logged in much more recently than your last post in the thread would otherwise indicate. At that time, if you weren't going to be able to continue on, you could have very easily posted something alerting us to your absence. Assuming you still didn't know that you were going to be pulled away, you should have still done your part as a DM and continued to participate in the thread. For all we could tell, you just dropped the game utterly, continued to participate in Gaia, and then vanished completely. With only that evidence to go on, I don't really trust you when you say you wouldn't do that.

Edit: Though I will add that I may be biased, as I've had DMs drop games far too often on this guild already, and I am a friend of Anatarei's.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff