Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Unlikely Heroes [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 am
Raganui Minamoto
Disciple of Sakura:
Well, got to say, I like the fleshed out character. Curious on the Sorcerer part despite the low charisma, but hey, that's why there's IC. I do believe that you need spells to enchant the Arcane Bonded item, so I'm going to read up on that.

Anyways, as follows...
1 Masterwork Light Steel shield
1 Breastplate
1 Composite Longbow (+1) (20 Arrows)
2 CLW Potions (CL 1)
1 Momento of Theresa
1 Light Warhorse w/ Military Saddle and Saddlebags.

Don't need spells at all, actually. As per the magic item creation rules, you can just increase the DC by 5 for every prerequisite you don't meet at the time of crafting. Including caster level, if so inclined. It's progressively harder, but it's not impossible. Otherwise, there'd be no benefit in taking the Master Craftsman feat, which is there for fighters to enchant their swords on their own.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 am
Disciple of Sakura
Raganui Minamoto
Disciple of Sakura:
Well, got to say, I like the fleshed out character. Curious on the Sorcerer part despite the low charisma, but hey, that's why there's IC. I do believe that you need spells to enchant the Arcane Bonded item, so I'm going to read up on that.

Anyways, as follows...
1 Masterwork Light Steel shield
1 Breastplate
1 Composite Longbow (+1) (20 Arrows)
2 CLW Potions (CL 1)
1 Momento of Theresa
1 Light Warhorse w/ Military Saddle and Saddlebags.

Don't need spells at all, actually. As per the magic item creation rules, you can just increase the DC by 5 for every prerequisite you don't meet at the time of crafting. Including caster level, if so inclined. It's progressively harder, but it's not impossible. Otherwise, there'd be no benefit in taking the Master Craftsman feat, which is there for fighters to enchant their swords on their own.

I see, interesting.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:58 pm
He's as done as he needs to be. Sabin Albarn.

Though at some point we'll have to figure out what, if at all, needs to be changed about the rest of his class abilities.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Anatarei: Alright Mr. Gobbo.

You're easy enough to deal with.

1 Masterwork Lance.
1 Secondary weapon of your choice, common quality.
1 Draconic Kobold Hide Breastplate (counts as a regular one) with a kobold hide cloak and hood.
1 Adventurer's Kit (same as Thhartokk's)
1 Military Saddle
1 Bag of 'Sacred Mushrooms'. Holds 20. Your bag isn't full (choose between 5-15), due to eating some on the way.
1 Moss hairpiece.
2 potions CLW (Cl 1)

Unfortunately, I doubt the wolf would want to wear barding.

Not to pick nits, but my wolf would be more than happy to wear barding. He is, after all, proficient with light armor thanks to being my mount. I mean, it's the exact same style animal companion as a druid/ranger/paladin, only I don't get to share spells with him. All I get is a free feat (light armor proficiency) instead. I'd certainly hope that he'd be willing to use it, given the opportunity.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 am
Let me settle with ya then. You're an insane goblin riding on a wolf. You're wearing armor made of kobold. Right now, any armor you'd make for it would be patchy and probably do more to restrict movement. He can wear one, if you can get your druid to help make it IC during the game. Alright? Now, your rebuttal, since I can still change my mind if you give good enough reasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:14 am
Can I just buy some barding from a smithy at some other point, or does it have to come from a druid?  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm
I'm trying to think of any smith that would have barding made for a wolf.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Well, think of it as making barding for attack dogs.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:37 pm
Honestly, I wouldn't think it'd be that different than barding for a pony. And it's not like he couldn't get it made custom, if it came to that.

But there's probably a demand for wolf barding - after all, druids have wolf companions, and so do rangers and cavaliers and such. It's not an unusual companion choice (though any druid worth his salt should take the big cat companion instead..).  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 am
*Has completely ignored companion and went for an earth domain*
Kekekekeke  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 am
True enough, though I've yet to see any druid or ranger get barding for an animal companion.

Alright, you can probably get a leather barding for a wolf at a tannery or a heavier one at a blacksmith.  
Emerald the Crow rolled 16 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 1, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 2, 5 Total: 44 (16-96)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:46 am
Figger I'll roll some bones, see if there's anything I can whip up...  

Emerald the Crow

Emerald the Crow rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 3, 2, 6, 3, 1 Total: 32 (12-72)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:47 am
Damn, that was a lot of ones... eek  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:49 am
Heh. Yeah... 9, 13, 8, 10, 8, 10, 11...

To heck with that stuff. I know the point is to have characters with weaknesses as well as strengths, but the best stat I could pull out of that is a 15, and that just feels really sad. Does that qualify for a reroll?  

Emerald the Crow

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:01 am
Your mods total -2. Yes, you can reroll.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff