Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:23 pm
<>

Sitting alone at a long bar, Miya spun her glass of liquor slowly, watching the amber sparkle with vague interest. She had nowhere to be, despite her restless movements and sighs of impatience. She’d arrived in the city of wind over a week ago and found her stay to be quite pleasant. She’d spent her days talking to friendly townsfolk and her nights in the local pub sampling strong liquor and erasing her unrelenting thoughts.
Downing the remaining golden liquid, Miya scooted away from the bar and took out her stuffed pouch of gil and an assortment of small gems. Digging out a few pieces of gil, Miya tossed it onto the bar and ordered another tall glass. The beauty of the stuff she ordered was that it was strong and cheap. She had long ago learned how to hold her liquor. She used to not touch the stuff, but all things change with time.

Shuffling her pouch back into her small bag, she rearranged her thick and well used whip to rest more comfortably against her hip. She didn’t have to worry about anyone stealing her valuables with her weapon at her side. It was a lot like she was, older, experienced, smooth, with a sharp bite.

A cold shiver ran down her back when a group of people entered the building. This was promptly ignored. She knew that feeling, though it had been a long time since the last time it had happened to her. Glancing over her shoulder she watched the group silently.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 pm
((I assume you've been cleared through by Drac, so welcome to the RP!))

He had sat contentedly while Alane told him of Tylem's weather and attractions, and said something along the lines of dropping by for a festival or two. Then Alane had made the introductions to the rest of the group. Suri masked his surprise as Harrier was formally introduced by Alane as the Bearer of a Crystal, and since this was Tylem, it was fairly obvious which one that was. Then it was let on that the two Angeals were also Bearers!

If Suri had had a human heart still, it would have lurched with the blatant statement of such a simple yet profound fact. Still, even in the hollow recesses of his chest cavity, he felt something almost like a weight both drop through the floor and raise through him at the same time. It was weird to have something you were thinking about come up and smack you in the face like that. The gears of his mind began turning and whirring as immeasurable thoughts formulated inside. So many questions arose from this; "Why would the Crystals be meeting now, like this?" "Is something about to happen?" "Where are the other Crystals?" "What does all this mean?" He was jarred from his reverie when Harrier made an offhand jest about him being the 'Bearer of Fire'. Suri wasn't sure how to respond so he just smiled nervously and kept his silence. He also held his arm against his chest a bit tighter, as if afraid the Crystal would announce its presence by jumping out of him.

He now understood the pulling feeling he had felt, and now he knew that wherever they were going, HE was going. It wasn't like he had much of a plan to do anything else anyway. "This is an important gathering, such legendary objects do not meet by chance. I will gather information, and proceed accordingly....this is going to be fun!" he thought with glee. Part of him wanted to reveal his ownership of the Lightning Crystal, but until he got things more situated, he'd keep it hidden for now. Unless he got careless and let his chest fall wide open, they'd be none the wiser..."Unless they can feel the same pull I was." he thought quietly.

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:55 am
((Yup, and now we have an Ice Bearer. All we need is Water and Earth, and we're golden. Also, there is someone who may be posting a Water profile, but I'm still waiting on that. Once all Crystal positions are filled, the only other characters that will be allowed are secondaries that are played by other Crystal Bearers. If they are important enough to need a profile, like Alane, then just send them to me. I'll put them in the Other Characters Section.))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm
(( This thing is goin' on a roll! I can't wait until it kicks up into full gear with everyone in place. It will be so much fun. And welcome to rp everyone, I hope you'll have as much fun as I am! mrgreen ))  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:31 pm
Not one, two, but three Crystal Bearers in one go. Frankly, this was a little too coincidental. Rigo was feeling a slight pull now, but it could be due to Harrier. Gio was clearly excited and had blatantly blurted out to the whole world that he and the Angeal were both Crystal holders. Wonderful, but Rigo still couldn't bring himself to yell at Gio. Gio appeared to have reverted back into his shell to some extent...right when Rigo thought there was some progress after the strange entity possessed Gio's body. On top of that, Rigo was concerned with the changes to Gio's body. That wound was not simply a mere flesh wound, and it had somehow healed too well. It seemed they were all introducing each other. Jolyre had not yet done so, but the others had. "Rodrigo Dragoni." If they were in the company of other Crystal holders, it would be beneficial to give true names. Rigo felt no need to describe himself or Gio as Alane and Harrier had.

The pull feeling is unnaturally getting stronger... The Nero Angeal looked at Suri stoically. The cyborg's silence was suspicious. Little did Rigo know that another Crystal Bearer was also in the area watching them. "This does not seem to be coincidental," Rigo simply commented as he glanced at Jolyre, expecting her to at least introduce herself.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:01 pm
Jolyre's eyes widened. So...the ranger was a bearer as well. 3 crystal bearers in the same room....who all met that day. Not being a fan of coincidences, Jolyre knew something would come of this strange meeting. She also had a feeling it would be far from beneficial. Then the quavering boy spoke
"Just like you two, huh? L-light and Darkness,"
Jolyre's lips curled in annoyance and her hands contracted into fists. Did the boy's wit leave with what little confidence he had mustered. It was obvious that they knew she and Rigo were Angeal from the strange looks they were receiving. Now they knew of her crystal. The last thing they would receive was her name.
Something was pulling at her in the pit of stomach and within the reaches of her mind. The same pull as from earlier from when she'd met Gio and Rigo. Only this was immense. That pull...only fourfold. Jolyre had a feeling someone wasn't letting onto something. There had to be more than Rigo, Harrier and herself with a feeling this strong. She erased it from her mind. It seemed foolish.
Then Gio's brother had stepped forward, to give his name, she supposed.
"Rodrigo Dragoni"
Something inside her sent out a wave of subtle anger, a chill. The name was enough to renew her dulling and tired rage.
A few glances were cast her way. Was she expected to share her identity as well?
Very well. They already knew everything else that was important.
She looked up from a blank and downcast stare to glare at all the faces in the room. "Jolyre Aegis" she said uncivilly.
"Lady Jolyre Aegis of the Glorion Crystalis." she added as a forethought. If they were going to know who she was, they may as well get all of it.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:18 pm
Miya sat with her back to the odd group of people who had settled into a long, and important, discussion. Closing her eyes, she pressed the glass of liquid to her temple. She had so many conflicting emotions inside her that her head was beginning to throb. They so quickly admit to being crystal bearers… They were either foolish or very confident.

“Rodrigo Dragoni.”

The glass she had been holding slipped from her fingers and shattered when it hit the floor. For several long moments, Miya didn’t move. Suddenly her mind started back up again and she swiftly slipped from the stool and gathered up several of the large chunks of glass and offered them to the barkeep long with another gil to pay for the lost glass. She was suddenly very disappointed that she didn’t have a strong drink to swallow and numb her mind…

Brushing her long strands of blonde hair aside, she tried to casually look at the group over her shoulder. Two Angeals, one Nero, a couple humans, and a cyborg from the look of it… The Nero Angeal had introduced himself.

Dragoni…

Feeling a mixture or excitement, sadness, and even a smidge of anger, Miya turned back to the bar. This was very interesting indeed. Deciding to wait and see what else she could overhear, she decided to stay put. They would not leave her sight however. She had too much to lose…again.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:09 am
((And now we have the Crystal of Water. Only Earth is left, and then we are full.))

Gio winced as he finally learned more about the Angeal woman, Jolyre Aegis. So she was one of the Glorion Crystalis... and just minutes ago he had slandered the people she worked for and trusted. Granted, he still stood by his words, but now he knew actually saying so wasn't such a good idea. Followers and believers of Glorion Crystalis strike back harshly against those who talk ill of their ideology, even if the church itself does not condone such responses.

He jolted slightly where he sat when he heard the sound of glass breaking, and looked across the room to see a older blond woman sitting at the bar. She by no means looked aged, but it was obvious she wasn't quite as young anymore, probably in her mid-to-late-thirties. She stood out a bit compared to the other noisy people at the pub, since she sat off to the side of the boisterously loud patrons, and stayed completely quiet.

The woman acted quite collected, even after dropping her glass, and payed the bartender back without a second thought. She definitely wasn't from around here though, as turning away from the bar for a moment revealed finely crafted, formfitting armor and a tough whip at her side. The quality and style of her armor spoke volumes, as the unique craftsmanship could only be found in the Land of Fire, Zarrenki. But what was someone from that nation doing in Tylem? They hardly left their home nation because there weren't many that tolerated their hunger for sporting battle.

He put his thoughts about this woman aside as his chest began to throb even more, causing him to gasp in pain once more and clutch at his heart. It was getting worse every moment. Was he having some sort of sporadic heart-attack? That didn't make any sense, but what was this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A pulse of power. A voice called out across the world.

Come out now, seek out the awakened, and Destroy. No matter who it may be.

"So, has the day he foresaw finally come?"

Far away, in the farthest reaches of the world, a great body trembled, rising from the darkness of the chamber it inhabited. On four powerful legs, it stood proud and tall, craning its serpentine neck. It turned its golden eyes upward, looking to something that could not be seen. "Are you certain you want me to do this? I know that he said to destroy anyone who has awakened, but...." The creature paused, hearing what could not be heard. "Understood, I shall fulfill my master's last wish, even if it kills me, and even if I kill those he meant to protect. I will trust that he knew what he was doing."

Great wings, powerful and beautiful, spread from its back, and it answered an unheard question, "Yes, I have no hesitation. I swear it on my title as King of Dragons, Bahamut. It must not be allowed to come back."

The grounds of the world shook, the tremors spreading across the world, reaching some with great force, and reaching others with only a whisper of strength. From out of the sea erupted a mighty fountain of moisture as a sleek, reptilian form shot out of the water as if from a cannon. Brilliant white scales adorned its body, more precious than the finest diamond, it looked like a living statue of perfect white gems.

A great roar erupted from Bahamut's maw, and frothing energy flowed down from its mouth as it finally was allowed to leave its solitude and stretch its wings. Its head turned on the winds, and it opened its wings wide, catching a strong gust and allowing it to rocket him off, searching vigilantly for the one or ones it must kill.

((And now, behind the scenes, things really get interesting.))  

Draconia Crystalis

Vizzion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:01 am
((Hmm Im kinda just going to jump somewhere near you guys.))
Orin Beleren

A traveller clad in layers of clothing more suitable for winter than the windy nation of Tylem stepped close to the outpost of Tylem covered in sand from head to toe. Well I knew Tylem's Sandstorms were legendary but I guess reading about it and experiencing the storm are two different things entirely Orin thought as he looked through his goggles to see that he had indeed arrived in Tylem. Orin did the best he could to prepare for such storm as he read about Tylem before travelling to the Nation of Wind. At this point and time Orin was wearing a heavy coat with a hood with more layers underneath, a thick ski mask with goggles, and he was also wearing boots that have spikes underneath.

I am not really sure as to why I am traveling here, all I felt was a certain pull to go to Tylem from Crylos. I guess I'll find out soon enough what attracted me here Orin thought as he slowly walked past the outpost and in front of a building that Orin assumed was a bar. The pull is getting stronger..and it seems that it is directing me to go inside here. Orin said as he gave in to that nagging feeling that was telling him to go in. As soon as he walked in a group that was sitting near him and a lady by the bar stood out and were giving out a different vibes than the rest of the group.

I shall observe first before I do anything, but something tells me that I should watch these people Orin thought as he gave a quick glance to the group that seemed to consist of Humans, a Cyborg, an Angeal, and a Nero Angeal. What an odd group... Orin thought as he passed by a woman clad in armor that he assumed came from the Zarrenki Nation. Huh, you do not see many Zarrenki warriors out of the Nation, How odd.. Orin thought as he too sat on the bar and took off his goggles and mask before ordering a drink.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 pm
The cyborg kept his silence, but he wasn't the only one. The breaking of glass briefly highlighted the presence of another quiet watcher, an experienced looking woman, and a dangerous one at that. The craft of her armor, and the sharpened look of alertness, identified her as a woman from the land of fire; Zarrenki. The weapon coiled at her waist was something not many warriors but a Zarrenki would wield anyway. She quietly paid the barkeep for the lost glass and continued her silent observance of the group, Suri could almost feel something 'special' in the air. Like this moment was super-charged with potential, waiting for something to happen. Though Suri was set at unease by random events happening, he was equally lured to anything that had the prospect of something amazing happening. This definately qualified, and he was staying put.

He looked to the boy Gio, when he suddenly clutched his chest in pain. The action went mostly unnoticed for the entrance of another man into the bar, one heavily cloaked and with goggles to hide his eyes. He seemed to register eveyone in the bar one by one, as he took a silent seat at the front and ordered a drink. Suri's thoughts went back to the boy; "Odd one for sure, one so young wouldn't have heart problems would he?" Suri wondered, suddenly becoming aware of so many eyes upon them. He felt almost naked now, with only a pair of ragged and torn pants covering his flesh and every inch of metal was exposed. Suri desperately, oh so desperately hoped, that light wasn't leaking out from his sides. He couldn't exactly see back there, so he didn't know if the crash had knocked some other hole in him or jarred another piece of metal the wrong way. He wasn't exactly 'hiding' that he was a Bearer, but he wasn't about to reveal it until he was more sure of these people...and away from so many stares.

The tension seemed to increase for Suri, because he now noticed that pulling sensation again. It had increased during his reverie, and now he wondered; "What happened? Are there, yet again, more Bearers entering the room?" He thought wildly, and began eyeing the man who had removed his goggles with interest, but tried to keep it unnoticed. Thoughts like those tended to come off as paranoid, but he wasn't exactly feeling normal right now anyway.

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:28 pm
Enter- Alane and Harrier

“Rodrigo, Jolyre, a pleasure to meet you,” Alane said, this time quieter after noticing that they had attracted some attention in the facility. She was still slightly miffed at the two crystal bearers who had appeared. A crash resounded, making everyone turn to look at the source. Harrier took a quick look to make sure a fight hadn't broken out, before turning back to cleaning up the medicine supplies. Alane took a look from the corner of her eye at the blonde woman who was paying for the broken glass. She must have accidentally dropped it. Taking a look at her, Alane saw that she was defiantly human and most certainly wasn't from Cicel, or Tylem for that matter. She was interested in her apparel and kept an glance on her. Knowing that it was going to be a while until the storm settled she took a stool next to Suri, so far the most familiar of the newcomers; Harrier behind her picking up the last of the things.

“Y'sure you don't need anything, kid?” He asked, the items neatly tucked away under his arms and ready to be stored. If he remembered correctly the boy had an injury, but he was acting better. Only just now did he again look sickly. With a frown, realizing that the boy really was in pain, he shoved the things down onto the table and grasped Gio's shoulder, “Kid, are you okay?”

From his peripheral vision Harrier saw the door open and then quickly slam shut after having deposited the person inside. He quickly deemed the person nonthreatening as the stranger walked by the table and to the bar area, and turned his focus back onto the slightly gasping boy. They were still in his care, at least until the storm let, and he'd be damned if something happened while they were right under his nose.

Exit- Alane and Harrier  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:42 pm
The pain Gio felt wasn't coming from his shoulder, and when Harrier firmly grasped his shoulder, he was surprised that not even a single jolt ran through him. He felt tentatively under his cloak, and could feel that his wound was only about the size of a coin of Gil now. (Nickle-sized) The wound only throbbed when his finger probed the exposed hole, and only as a minor pain. He kept this movement hidden, not wanting everyone around to be concerned.

"It's okay, my wound is fine. It doesn't hurt," he said truthfully, as the wound itself really didn't hurt anymore. With his cloak over the wound, Harrier had no way of telling that it had gotten smaller, and he didn't want everyone's attention drawn to his miraculous healing factor. The Crystals were the most important thing here.

He kindly brushed Harrier's hand off of his shoulder, trying his best to hide the fact that his heart was pulsing painfully. And still it seemed to be growing stronger with every passing moment. "My name is Giovanni Dragoni, and Rigo is my older brother. Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I don't have any sort of Crystal. I'm not a Bearer."

Draconia Crystalis

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:58 pm
((Ah, oops. Had to change my post because Draconia posted. sweatdrop ))

Lady Jolyre Aegis. Where were his manners? He hadn't even greeted Alane properly either? Formality and etiquette had practically been drilled into Rigo's head during his upbringing. "A pleasure as--"His thoughts were jarred by the smash and clatter of a glass shattering against the floor. Like the others, he looked in Miya's direction. Like many of the others, he found it odd that a woman from Zarrenki was there. She definitely was older than he and Gio. She appeared to be in her middle ages in human years. A warrior of some type. Why was she in Tylem?

When Gio clutched at his heart, Rigo rushed to supported his brother. "Gio." However, he did happen to notice someone enter who seemed particularly out of place more so than anyone in the room. The person was covered head to toe and dressed out of place for Tylem.

Harrier beat him to Gio, and Gio declared that he was fine. Rigo suppressed a frown. He didn't think that was the case. What a fool. He had forgotten to introduce Gio too, but he had felt that Gio himself would have rathered that, and now Gio sounded like he was belittling himself.

"Gio. That doesn't matter." He looked at Gio, the look in his eyes saying something along the lines of Are you sure you're ok? You can tell me, Gio.

By far, Harrier and Alane were the more talkative. Rigo noted that Suri was being a little too quiet, but Rigo didn't know much about Suri's personality to begin with, so he wasn't sure. It was a hunch.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 pm
Kasumi

A young girl walked along the shore that was far from Iriem. Her blue dressed swayed slightly in the wind, almost as if it was made of water. Her two fish ears folded against her head, to keep from getting dried up. Kasumi looked at the map that she took from her house. "Where the heck am I? I can't even find my way around here." she sighed as she flipped the map around. She was looking for the land of Tylem. She hopped that someone from that land could help her find her father. She took out a small piece of paper that came with her crystal that her father gave her. "He said he was going to Tylem to do some trading I guess." she sighed as she put the paper away and looked at the crystal around her neck. "Im sorry mother but I need to find him." she sighed as she continued walking.

hinastar

Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces