Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The War for Allansia: FULL! :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkyCore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm
NayrVentess
PrismCity
Behold the Awesome! Captain Lantis

Audit is done, Everything is fine! As long as your +2 to insight is from a background? I assume it is. smile

yes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm
I vote that we have a DM ran Half-Elf Warlord/Berserker with a suitable dilettante.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:40 pm
Arc Vembris
Is psychofish out? We need a leader. Warlord would be appropriate.

He was working on the character last night, I believe. He found my suggestions unhelpful 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 pm
oh? what did you suggest?  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 pm
I was a little unsure of where I wanted to take it. Worrying a bit much about flavor and function together. Mostly me thinking too much because I've never made a warlord before, I think.

But I was busy with other things and I'd been assuming some one else would be interested and I'd let them take it if they came along before I was done. If it's down to me or the DM running it I'll make sure to finish him up soon though.

I think I've pretty much decided on a Bravura warlord, and I'm trying to find the way to get the most use out of a barbarian multiclass. I'm looking mostly at humans and halfelves, dragonborn seem good for it but I don't like to play them that often... Rain's advice to go elven, not really what I was looking for. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:37 pm
Psychofish
I was a little unsure of where I wanted to take it. Worrying a bit much about flavor and function together. Mostly me thinking too much because I've never made a warlord before, I think.

But I was busy with other things and I'd been assuming some one else would be interested and I'd let them take it if they came along before I was done. If it's down to me or the DM running it I'll make sure to finish him up soon though.

I think I've pretty much decided on a Bravura warlord, and I'm trying to find the way to get the most use out of a barbarian multiclass. I'm looking mostly at humans and halfelves, dragonborn seem good for it but I don't like to play them that often... Rain's advice to go elven, not really what I was looking for. sweatdrop

I would suggest Half-elven actually. you can get the best of both worlds, since it allows you if you want to take the dilettante for the barbarian xD.
as well as both human and elven and half-elven feats.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 pm
C'mon! Elven is the perfect race for a Warlord/Barbarian multiclass! gonk

Also, Chara is Half-Elven, so the group diplomacy wouldn't stack. >_> For what it's worth, anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:40 pm
Rain Yupa
I'd say that's the worst idea ever but a leader with speed 7 is kinda hot.

I know you're the enemy, but I say go Genasi, be a raging pool of elemental a**-whoop.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:43 pm
Rain Yupa

Also, Chara is Half-Elven, so the group diplomacy wouldn't stack. >_> For what it's worth, anyways.

actually the group diplomacy would stack since it comes from two different sources. you're not a magic item Chara, xD. we don't wear you. now if we somehow bound you into a magic item and did the same to another half-elf then the group diplomacy wouldn't stack. at least that's my vote, but I'm not DM xD.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 pm
VelvetAssasin
Rain Yupa

actually the group diplomacy would stack since it comes from two different sources. you're not a magic item Chara, xD. we don't wear you. now if we somehow bound you into a magic item and did the same to another half-elf then the group diplomacy wouldn't stack. at least that's my vote, but I'm not DM xD.
they're both racial bonuses, and bonuses of the same type don't stack.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm
SporkMaster5000
VelvetAssasin
Rain Yupa

like I said I'm not DM xD.
but if I was Group Diplomacy would stack.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm
VelvetAssasin
SporkMaster5000
VelvetAssasin
Rain Yupa

and then the party of five half-elves all trained in diplomacy would negotiate their way to world domination.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:53 pm
SporkMaster5000
VelvetAssasin
SporkMaster5000
VelvetAssasin
Rain Yupa

and then the party of five half-elves all trained in diplomacy would negotiate their way to world domination.

an irl friend of mine created a 10 year old bard he took major hits to all his other stats but got a huge bonus to his charisma at level one he had a +7 charisma mod.

I had to create an affectionate and very buxom 40 year old local baker woman to keep him in line.

she loooooooovvvveeeeedddd him long time xD.
Ah I love my baker.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:16 pm
I actually don't think the idea of a elven warlord is bad; I think there's a way to make it work out really nicely.

For this party it wouldn't do much good though. I'm pretty sure there's potential for a very strong support of a ranger team. So if I ever find a party with two ranged strikers maybe.

Considered Genasi, it's possible if I look to make a focus on the elemental association and swing intelligence based. So far I've been focusing on charisma, and looking at human mostly for the extra at will and ability to get my strength up to 20 at level 8. Extra feat is very nice too though.

Like I said. Still mulling a lot of ideas over.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Psychofish
I actually don't think the idea of a elven warlord is bad; I think there's a way to make it work out really nicely.

For this party it wouldn't do much good though. I'm pretty sure there's potential for a very strong support of a ranger team. So if I ever find a party with two ranged strikers maybe.

Considered Genasi, it's possible if I look to make a focus on the elemental association and swing intelligence based. So far I've been focusing on charisma, and looking at human mostly for the extra at will and ability to get my strength up to 20 at level 8. Extra feat is very nice too though.

Like I said. Still mulling a lot of ideas over.
I was thinking genasi bravura, just because a lot of the bravura bonuses involve granting CA or giving attacks to enemies. play a firesoul and the first guy to take advantage of that gets a firepulse to the face. or an earthsoul, knock guys prone, then give free hits while they're down and taking -2 to attacks, not so bad.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff