Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 pm
Kreil raised an eyebrow when they came to a choice of six different paths. He closed his eyes for a moment, then said, "I am going to the leftmost one." The others could do as they willed.

He started heading in that direction.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:22 am
"Wait." Vince squatted down, and he eyed the ground before him. "We need to stick together if we're going to have any possible chance of completing this mission. The smartest thing to do is to find tracks, preferably those that look like they might be carrying something heavy. If we can find them, then we know which direction to go."

He looked in every direction, just as closely as possible, but the lack of good lighting in this area was making it almost impossible for him to discern anything from the dirt floor.  

iDragow

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:08 am
There was some sense in what Vince said, but Kreil knew that it would be a waste of time for them to take a light source and search the whole room for tracks. For all they knew, the thing that took the brother could have been flying. Like those worm things, but they still didn't look overly hostile to Kreil.

"If sticking together is so important to you," he stated, "then you had best keep up." He continued walking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:59 pm
Sovelian looked from Vince to the others, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly. He hadn't moved from his spot but if others started to, he would as well.  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 am
Kreil doesn't seem to care that the others haven't moved to follow him. In all honesty, he's used to working alone. Having a group with him is a new experience, and he cannot say that he's enjoying it too much.

He keeps the same pace and continues onward, his sword still unsheathed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:01 pm
Vince was beginning to think that he didn't like Kreil too much. "...dammit," he muttered to himself. He would have just left the Avenger to his own fate, except that Vince was getting, literally, no where. He couldn't see any tracks, and even though the chances that it was the correct path was 1 in 6, it was better than looking for something that might not be here.

The Fighter sprang to his feet, looked down each of the other tunnels in turn, but then hurried to catch up with Kreil before he got ambushed.  

iDragow

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:12 pm
Kreil could hear the sound of someone following behind him, and he casts a quick, uncaring glance over his shoulder for confirmation of who it was. He looks forward again once he sees that it is Vince.

He stumbles a bit over a rock on the floor of the cave, giving a low hiss of pain and a muttered curse in Elven as he did. His eyes glance down at the ground momentarily before looking down the tunnel as before. Watching the ground in front of his feet really isn't that good of an idea when enemies might be lurking ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm
As the group started to follow Kreil, the strange worm things continued to tag along behind.

After taking the left tunnel, you all heard something large moving about from the room behind you. Turning to look, you would gaze upon another giant bug! Around it's legs were a few of what appears to be it's younglings scurrying about. The big one looked at you all with a hungry glare in it's eyes...

While the flying worms seem unconcerned by this new arrival, it would probably be a good idea to:

ROLL INITIATIVE!!!

User Image

Map.

[[Anyone that gets higher than 17 can take there turn.]]  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 am
Map.

Initiative:
1. Ankheg:
2. Kardenn: 12 Acid damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Initiative
3. Kreil:
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 12 Acid damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied.
6. Rorrick/Vince: 12 Acid damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).
7. Rorrick/Vince:
8: Worm things: 15' in the air.

As soon as the giant bug noticed you guys, it crawled towards you, ignoring the worms above, before shooting a blast of acid at the three at the back. Miraculously the acid seemed to cover you all! Burning away and hampering your movement. The stinging acid actually manages to draw blood from the wizard.

Karden, Vince and Sovelian take 12 Acid damage, are slowed and take on going 5 poison (save ends both).

Kardenn! Kreil! You're up! mrgreen

[[I'll give Kardenn a day before I auto-dwarf him an at will. Since Rorrick and Vince both rolled the same you'll both have to roll again to see who goes first.]]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:29 pm
Kreil pointed his longsword at the large insect and said, "I swear by my god you will fall." The engraving just above the hilt of his sword seemed to shimmer slightly as he said this, and then he rushed forward, seeming to reach a startling speed before reaching the large insect and swinging his sword at it.

((Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the Ankheg))
((Move Action: moved to set up for...))
((Standard Action: Angelic Alacrity; shifted to the space north of Vince; 19 vs. AC))
((Damage: 17))  

WingedDemonVM

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 am
Map.

Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 17 damage
2. Kardenn: 12 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).
3. Kreil:
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: 12 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied. Initiative
6. Rorrick/Vince: 12 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).
7. Rorrick/Vince:

Seeing the beast cover his allies in an acidic pile of goo, Kreil ran forward, weaving through the fray before taking a good chunk out of the giant monster. Meanwhile Kardenn pulled out a small pistol deciding to try and shoot the beast. Though obviously it had been a while since he'd used that particular weapon...

On the other side of the Giant insect, the team noticed the ikle Ankhegs disappear into the walls!

Sovelian! Rorrick! Vince! You're up! mrgreen Also Rorrick+Vince both need to re-roll initiative before they post.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 pm
Sovelian cringes in pain, doing his best to stand tall and tough out the pain. "Foul beast! Perish!" He waves his hand in an elaborate fashion, sending dark spectral creatures at the over-sized insect.

He took a deep breath and steeled himself for a long fight ahead, knowing that the pain wouldn't stop anytime soon.

((Standard Action: Illusory Ambush. 20 Vs Will))
((Damage: 11))
((Action Point: Use Second Wind to give myself 5HP, to keep me from dying at the start of the next round.))

Edit: ((Rolled out of my slowed, but not out of my poison. Unless they're the same roll, in which case I rolled out of neither. Or both. Whatever you want, DM))  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 am
Vince was far from happy that the particular passage they had travelled down had led them smack into this gigantic insect's lap. Even less happy that it seemed to have the drop on them, and used it by literally dropping acid on everyone.

Moving quickly, the Fighter hopped to the side, to make room if anyone else wanted to get within melee range of the Large creature. Lifting his foot high, he tried to bring it down on the creature's foot. His intention had been to cause an injury that the creature couldn't easily ignore.

The problem with that was he chose a poor target. Forgetting momentarily that the creature moved on so many different legs, he mis-timed his strike, and lashed out when his target was in the air, out of harm's way. Already in a foul mood over mucking up the attack so badly, Vince swiped at the acid goo covering his body, but could still feel it biting into his skin.

Quote:
Move Action: Shift 1 square east
Standard Action: Distracting Spate vs. Ankheg. 13 vs. AC.
Saving Throw? Fail

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm
Rorrick hissed in pain as the antheg's acid ate threw his armor eating away at him. He saw the wizard was in worse shaped and called to sovelian saying "Stand fast Sovelian this battle has only just begun we will triumph this day." Rorrick then moved as far as he could the burning acid keeping him from moveing very far.

Rorrick relizeing he couldnt do anything from his position decided it best to keep himself vital to help his allies he took a second to catch his breath tapping into a little bit of extra vitality.

Move: one east, one south
Minor: Inspireing word on Sovelian he can spend a healing surge and get back a Extra 4 hp.
Standard: Second Wind Rorrick spends a healing surge gaining back 6 hp and getting a +1 to all defenses till the start of his next turn (or is it +2 I dont use second wind that often in my tabletop games because we usually have healing maxed cleric in the party.)

Saveing throw against Slowed: Failed
Saveing throw against Ongoing acid passed  

lk333

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am
Map.

Round 2.
Initiative:
1. Ankheg: 28 damage, action point expended, grabbing Kreil.
2. Kardenn: 17 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both). Bloodied. Initiative
3. Kreil: 14 damage, ongoing 5 poison (save ends), grabbed. Bloodied.
4. Bebeh Ankhegs:
5. Sovelian: Slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both), +2 to all defences.
6. Vince: 17 damage, slowed and ongoing 5 poison (save ends both).
7. Rorrick:

The Wizard, somewhat in shock from actually taking damage, managed to overcome his surprise to get a decent hit in on the big bug. The Fighter on the other hand couldn't seem to deal with all the goo, missing just short of the mark. As the acid continued to burn away at our hero's skin, the warlord spoke words of encouragement to the wizard. Healing him of all his damage!

But the Ankheg didn't care about the wizard. Looking down upon it's closest victim, it wrapped it's great claws around Kreil in a way Vince would remember only too well. Once the Avenger was in the air, the bug would again dig into his ribs before scuttling out of reach. The giant bug moved so fast you didn't even get a chance to hit it as it left! Son of a Beholder!

Kardenn! Kreil! You're up! mrgreen

[[Side notes:

Kardenn, I forgot to roll a save for you last turn, so you can roll a save at the begining of your turn Warden-styley.

Rorrick, few mistakes this round. Firstly, you only have one save for a (save ends both) condition, which has already been bought up in the OoC thread. Secondly, you forgot to mention your inspiring prescence class feature - meaning Sovelian gained 4hp for using an action point. Thirdly, second wind is +2 to all defences, but you weren't hit by the acid, so there's really no need to secondwind since you were on full HP. If you just wanted to gain the +2 then you could use total defence. I can see how you made the mistake since I wrote it as Rorrick/Vince so I'll let you change your standard action to a ranged attack if you have any. Either way, there was no place for to move forward to to use a melee attack so I suggest just using total defence.
]]  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces