Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Bath House (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 8 Total: 16 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:57 am
Willroll because I forgot it in the main post
2k2 w/ 1 die to handle explosions  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:41 am
Paidi tou Selini

If you want to go back and edit your last post with a fishing "goal", I can edit my post to include that in mind. Just making a fishing roll without any stated goal, makes it difficult for me as GM to know what you want to get out of it.

Quantity or Quality?
One fish or several fish?
Specific species only, or as many different kinds as possible?

For example, Gendo is not trying make a smithing roll, he' making a smithing roll to create a jitte. Agasha Mai is not trying to craft, she's trying to craft an instrument. Yogo Bakin is not trying to woodcarve, he's trying to woodcarve a specific animal for the princess. Naohiko isn't just trying to make paper, he's getting seduced by Kyouya.

Specifics help me help you. If you do decide to edit in a goal, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:24 pm
It's not an issue of unspecified goals. It's an issue of giving TN 5 results for a successful TN 15 roll. You will never find a player happy to have a good, successful roll turned into a failed roll. That is what they in the business call "anti-fun".  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 8, 8, 7, 3 Total: 33 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:36 pm
Awareness/Investigation - 4k3 - 22  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:35 pm
Paidi tou Selini

Kaichiyo, give me a 2k2 roll against TN 15. Dice explode as normal.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 7, 1 Total: 23 (4-40)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm
I'm frightened this is going to end far more poorly than I originally thought, but... here goes nothing.

2k2 vs. TN 15 = 22  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:04 am
Sorry for the delay, guys. Life's been getting the better of me. I intend to post when I get home from work today.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'm starting to get sick, which would explain why I continue to feel more run down each passing day. >_o  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 10 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:23 pm
Some sploding dice  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 10, 8 Total: 35 (4-40)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Arright. It's Stamina time.

2k2 = 17  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 6, 5, 6, 10, 7, 8 Total: 56 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:39 am
Etiquette/Awareness for Naohiko. 1 raise called.
5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosion  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Rain Yupa rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:31 pm
With Plainsfox's blessing, who might stumble across him unexpectedly?

1- Daidoji Chikuma
2- The (bad) Mantis
3- Kitsuki Senzo
4- Moshi Ruri
5- Her husband
6-10- Not discovered.  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 9, 6, 8, 4, 4, 6 Total: 51 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:05 pm
Etiquette/Awareness roll here because I forgot ><

5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 am
Just popping in to say hello, and to inquire if there is any room for a new character at this point in time?

I have a moderate understanding of L5R 4e and just need somewhere to RP. I don't plan on using Gaia for anything other than an L5R RP, so I won't be spreading myself too thin if that is a problem.

If there is room, what should I familiarize myself with for this specific RP.

If no room, no biggy, just putting some feelers out there.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:10 am
Welcome to the guild Hotaru!

Rain will have to get back to you on what his take on openings are when he's available. If nothing else, I can tell you there's a solid handful of us here who are big on L5R. We may be able to help you find a game either way.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:30 pm
Daidoji Hotaru
Just popping in to say hello, and to inquire if there is any room for a new character at this point in time?

I have a moderate understanding of L5R 4e and just need somewhere to RP. I don't plan on using Gaia for anything other than an L5R RP, so I won't be spreading myself too thin if that is a problem.

If there is room, what should I familiarize myself with for this specific RP.

If no room, no biggy, just putting some feelers out there.

Hello, Daidoji-san!

At the moment for here, I'm going to have to give a 'no' in regards to openings, since we're kind of in the thick of it in winter court. While there is opportunities, story-wise, to join, I find on PBP (play by post aka forum games) tend to run a bit slow and around 3 players is the sweet spot. With larger groups, the games tend to drag as we end up waiting for one or two people in the middle of a scene to post and if they can't get to it right away, it makes things drag.

BUT its not all bad news. I try to keep interested guild members occupied, and I'm completely willing to run a new game, and I'm sure Psycho-san here might be interested in playing as well? Even though I've known him for a good while now, it doesn't change the situation I mentioned above in regards to you and openings in this game. That applies to everyone, and I don't play favorites.

Would you be interested in a brand new smallish campaign, Daidoji-san? If so, what kind of story would you be interested in?

You've come at a somewhat good time. The last 2 months have been... cumbersome for me. I had a race I had to help organize (and apparently, also become the physical labor for as I had to rent a u-haul and do all the loading/unloading), then I got sick (was scared it was cancer; it wasn't, so yay!), then got sick again (I've only been in Las Vegas for a couple years and haven't completely acclimated yet; at this time of year, it dries up something fierce and I spent all my time coughing, wheezing, and not being able to sleep more than a minute or two at a time for a couple weeks). Things are (mostly) returning to normal and I'll have a lot more time on my hands now, doubly so as of today since I just started a 2-week staycation. So if there's ever a good opportunity for me to launch something new, it's right now.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff