Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Against Oblivion. (3.5 D&D, Game is dead ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
A 3.5 game? My interest is peaked. I noticed mention of Gestalt Character as well, so further interested. Didn't read the whole 7 pages of what's been said so far but intend to.

If you're going to play please try to get your character ready by Tuesday if it's possible because I would like to start by then. Feel free to ask me anything.
You do realize that under your rule set for level adjustment I could play a brass dragon wyrmling right? Not saying that wouldn't be fun, in fact it would be insanely fun. But yes for that "unique item" you mentioned. I have several ideas, all stemming into various concepts and what your answer is to the next two questions will determine which character I choose:

Can we "split" the value of the unique item to get multiple such items so long as they are not outside the realm of what we at level 4 would be able to have anyway?

Can I 3 way gestalt? (I like 3 way multiclass characters, sure I'm not as awesome a mage or fighter as THAT guy but hey, I can also disarm a trap or heal my minor wounds or something)

No the unique items are actually plot devices and if I figure what you're saying correctly you basically want to make a almost second edition style multiclass character correct?
Don't know second ed at all so that's a bad comparison for me. Basically I want to take the gestalt rules to a 3 way multiclass character. I'll have to brush up on those rules as I've never used them (only read through the section once about a year ago) but I think it should be doable.

As for the items, disappointing and intriguing at the same time. How about custom Weapons and armor? They would be considered exotic(both the armor and weapon), thusly requiring feats to use them, and I have the statistics and will happily send them to you for preapproval.

Edit: also so I don't have to bug you with numerous questions, what book was the gestalt rules in?

You can do the three way. The rules are in the unearthed arcana. By chance have you already decided on what you will be making then. This effects your background and the item you will be receiving.
Well if I can use the custom items, which would basically be a Breastplate with a shield built in with a up'ed damage version of a greatsword, I'd play a Fighter/Rouge/Sorcerer because the classics make a great combo.

I've actually already got a general concept down already, of course the specifics are world dependent. Basically, I'm recycling an old character I never get to use as a PC, which is a shame considering how fun it is to RP this guy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
You do realize that under your rule set for level adjustment I could play a brass dragon wyrmling right? Not saying that wouldn't be fun, in fact it would be insanely fun. But yes for that "unique item" you mentioned. I have several ideas, all stemming into various concepts and what your answer is to the next two questions will determine which character I choose:

Can we "split" the value of the unique item to get multiple such items so long as they are not outside the realm of what we at level 4 would be able to have anyway?

Can I 3 way gestalt? (I like 3 way multiclass characters, sure I'm not as awesome a mage or fighter as THAT guy but hey, I can also disarm a trap or heal my minor wounds or something)

No the unique items are actually plot devices and if I figure what you're saying correctly you basically want to make a almost second edition style multiclass character correct?
Don't know second ed at all so that's a bad comparison for me. Basically I want to take the gestalt rules to a 3 way multiclass character. I'll have to brush up on those rules as I've never used them (only read through the section once about a year ago) but I think it should be doable.

As for the items, disappointing and intriguing at the same time. How about custom Weapons and armor? They would be considered exotic(both the armor and weapon), thusly requiring feats to use them, and I have the statistics and will happily send them to you for preapproval.

Edit: also so I don't have to bug you with numerous questions, what book was the gestalt rules in?

You can do the three way. The rules are in the unearthed arcana. By chance have you already decided on what you will be making then. This effects your background and the item you will be receiving.
Well if I can use the custom items, which would basically be a Breastplate with a shield built in with a up'ed damage version of a greatsword, I'd play a Fighter/Rouge/Sorcerer because the classics make a great combo.

I've actually already got a general concept down already, of course the specifics are world dependent. Basically, I'm recycling an old character I never get to use as a PC, which is a shame considering how fun it is to RP this guy.

race please  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:10 am
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

race please
human.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 pm
So in regard to additional equipment, how much will we need to track food and water?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:34 pm
Dion Necurat
So in regard to additional equipment, how much will we need to track food and water?
Yes this is indeed something I am curious about as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm
Im not because my character can eat anything organic  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:17 am
Almost done, just need to choose spells and purchase the last bit of equipment. For the spells I just need to know, as some DMs do this some don't. Do I add my bonus spells perday from a high dependent casting stat to the number of spells known?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711563  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:29 am
loth17
Im not because my character can eat anything organic

You'll still need to keep track of water then.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 am
Track your food and water normally. As for additional equipment you would use your starting gold.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am
purest_heart
Almost done, just need to choose spells and purchase the last bit of equipment. For the spells I just need to know, as some DMs do this some don't. Do I add my bonus spells perday from a high dependent casting stat to the number of spells known?

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711563

No.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 am
purest_heart

your hit points are wrong and you need to write down your class features. You're missing a feat, you don't have your bonus to damage.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:50 pm
saint odium
purest_heart

your hit points are wrong and you need to write down your class features. You're missing a feat, you don't have your bonus to damage.How are my hit points wrong? I have 4d10 as my hit dice with a +8 from con. 37 is in that range easily.

*counts feats* Riiiight 1st level fighter bonus feat... Forgot that because the armor usually takes that up with this build...

Also done  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

your hit points are wrong and you need to write down your class features. You're missing a feat, you don't have your bonus to damage.
How are my hit points wrong? I have 4d10 as my hit dice with a +8 from con. 37 is in that range easily.

*counts feats* Riiiight 1st level fighter bonus feat... Forgot that because the armor usually takes that up with this build...

Also done
I said everyone is starting with max for there level. So you would have 48 not 37  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 pm
So I'm in I just have to finish my character. I'm using that custom race and it's going to be a fighter/rogue. I will post it as soon as I'm done.  

Ishazi

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 pm
nighting gales lament
So I'm in I just have to finish my character. I'm using that custom race and it's going to be a fighter/rogue. I will post it as soon as I'm done.

Hay Ishazi it's good to see you were finally able to join us. I be ready to as soon as your character is posted.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff