Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings: Cartographers! Game has started! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm
Rain Yupa
Jurojin's Curse on a Crab? Ballsy!

Where did you get +5 to your attack roll with your Ono from?

Your experience should be 40/40.

Your Taint rank looks really surprised.

You can add to your background later, but your family would help. Look at Ms. Terei's and Ms. Good's families. It's a start, and family is VERY important to Rokugani.

Would you like to roll on the Heritage Table?

Does having the Ono emphasis not give a free raise anymore? I actually didn't even check that.

I can change the 0/40 thing. I have it like that as a reminder that I don't have any to spend, rather than having spent it all.

And yeah, I was still working on it. But where are the heritage tables? I totally couldn't find them in the book. : 0  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 pm
Mongooseh

Can I request you remove unused Emphasis tags? It'll be easier to spot the ones you do have without them.

Can you mark your school skills?

Thank you for teaching me that skills can go above "2" for character creation ("3" for school skills); in 4th edition, there's a cap of 4 ranks in a trait or skill though. Good to know!

You need to choose a court for your advantage. Also, Courtiers purchase Darling of the Court for only 1 point.

As such, I have you at 39/40 points.

You need to name your Servant.

You need to calculate your Insight, and show your Experience Spent vs Experience Total (i.e., 39/40).

You needn't type out your Technique but I recommend it for quick reference (at least the important bits). Also note that it was errata'd in (since they forgot to include it but intended it), that Duty Before Honor lets you roll Intimidation with Willpower instead of Awareness.

Your Armor TN is 15 (5 + 5xReflexes now).

To attack, you'll be using 3 Staves + 2 Agility = 5k2 to attack, and 0k2 + Strength = 2k2 damage.

Awaiting description + background.

Would you like to make a roll on the Heritage table?

xX_Terei_Xx"

Void Meditation --> Void Recovery, please?

Touch of the Spirit Realms --> Touch of Yume-Do, please?

I have you at 42/40 points. 30 points in Traits, 4 points in emphases, 9 in school skill ranks, 4 in nonschool skill ranks, 5 in advantages, -10 in disadvantages.

After inventory, you should have 5 more zeni.

Can you mark your experience as 40/40?

Fantastic work on your background and family! That's the kind of stuff I like to see! But no talk of your ancestor? : (

BegrudginglyGood

Your emphasis rerolls only apply to rolls when using a Katana and Bisento, not for any roll with that skill.

Under equipment, can you list "Bisento" in place of "Polearm"? This is free and need not be "purchased" by your starting koku. Unless you want 2 Bisento? o_o

Lovely background, I enjoyed it!

Would you like to make a roll on the Heritage Table?

WhimsicalXellos

You can add to your background later, but your family would help. Look at Ms. Terei's and Ms. Good's families. It's a start, and family is VERY important to Rokugani.

Paidi tou Selini

Could you remove unused Emphasis spots? It makes it hard to notice the emphases you do have.

3 arrows? No bow? And no daisho?

I have you at 8 koku and 4 bu remaining.

I have you at 38 xp spent (46 on traits, 2 on your ally advantage, which is reduced by 1 for being a Crane), -10 on disadvantages).

Can you list your experience as 38/40?

You should finish the background, it'll help you get into character.

Would you like to roll on the Heritage table?

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:57 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Rain Yupa

Does having the Ono emphasis not give a free raise anymore? I actually didn't even check that.

I can change the 0/40 thing. I have it like that as a reminder that I don't have any to spend, rather than having spent it all.

And yeah, I was still working on it. But where are the heritage tables? I totally couldn't find them in the book. : 0

Emphases used to add your skill rank to the roll. Now they let you reroll 1's. There was never any free raises o_o

You can keep it as 0/40 then. You're just the only one I've seen do it that way sweatdrop

Heritage Tables are in the Great Clans book, near the back. If you want to throw a bunch of d10s at me I'll let you know what you get? They are by clan, I think 2 is enough but it doesn't hurt with more.  
WhimsicalXellos rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 2 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm
Rain Yupa
Emphases used to add your skill rank to the roll. Now they let you reroll 1's. There was never any free raises o_o

You can keep it as 0/40 then. You're just the only one I've seen do it that way sweatdrop

Heritage Tables are in the Great Clans book, near the back. If you want to throw a bunch of d10s at me I'll let you know what you get? They are by clan, I think 2 is enough but it doesn't hurt with more.

Ah, my memory must be fuzzy then. That's cool, though. Rerolling 1s is pretty spiff, too.

And I see, different book. That's where my hang up lay. I've got it, so let's see what it gives.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm
Looks like I win a cheaper Advantage. Let me see what it has to offer, and then I may fiddle.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:24 pm
Rain Yupa

[N/A]s removed.

Han-Kyu doesn't count as a bow? Katana/Wakizashi doesn't count as a daisho? I think you may have overlooked the Weapons section of the inventory. sweatdrop

Oops, I didn't notice the discount. Fix'd.

38/40, as in, you don't want additions from disadvantages included?

Working on it.

Heritage table is an awful, icky, deceptive thing. It has all these neat looking options, but the only things it ever gives me is Unremarkable and Corrupted.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:40 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Rain Yupa

Ah, my memory must be fuzzy then. That's cool, though. Rerolling 1s is pretty spiff, too.

And I see, different book. That's where my hang up lay. I've got it, so let's see what it gives.

Mixed Blessing

Your ancestor discovered something very interesting - and very taboo. You may take the Forbidden Knowledge Advantage for one less Experience Point.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Rain Yupa

[N/A]s removed.

Han-Kyu doesn't count as a bow? Katana/Wakizashi doesn't count as a daisho? I think you may have overlooked the Weapons section of the inventory. sweatdrop

Oops, I didn't notice the discount. Fix'd.

38/40, as in, you don't want additions from disadvantages included?

Working on it.

Heritage table is an awful, icky, deceptive thing. It has all these neat looking options, but the only things it ever gives me is Unremarkable and Corrupted.

I mainly consider the Weapons section as being your go-to reference for combat rolls. Any gear should still be in equipment.

Like, your Kenjutsu roll will be the same, even if you are disarmed of your katana. Your Kyujutsu roll will be the same, even if your bow has been left at home.

And no, don't add in disadvantages to the totals. That way, I can make sure everyone is aligned with experience. It's harder to judge if everyone has different starting values.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 pm
Rain Yupa
xX_Terei_Xx

Fixed, except for ancestor.
I dunno how to incorporate them, since they don't really have an impact on Jun....

=v=;; I didn't take the advantage (since I have no points left hahaha) so it's like "Oh, your ancestor was a shugenja that was above average in a certain element, which made them worse in the opposing element, but that's all they were really known for". Which is great and all, I guess?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 pm
Mongooseh

Can I request you remove unused Emphasis tags? It'll be easier to spot the ones you do have without them.

Thank you for teaching me that skills can go above "2" for character creation ("3" for school skills); in 4th edition, there's a cap of 4 ranks in a trait or skill though. Good to know!

You need to choose a court for your advantage. Also, Courtiers purchase Darling of the Court for only 1 point.

You need to calculate your Insight, and show your Experience Spent vs Experience Total (i.e., 39/40).

You needn't type out your Technique but I recommend it for quick reference (at least the important bits). Also note that it was errata'd in (since they forgot to include it but intended it), that Duty Before Honor lets you roll Intimidation with Willpower instead of Awareness.

To attack, you'll be using 3 Staves + 2 Agility = 5k2 to attack, and 0k2 + Strength = 2k2 damage.

xX_Terei_Xx"

I have you at 42/40 points. 30 points in Traits, 4 points in emphases, 9 in school skill ranks, 4 in nonschool skill ranks, 5 in advantages, -10 in disadvantages.

Fantastic work on your background and family! That's the kind of stuff I like to see! But no talk of your ancestor? : (

BegrudginglyGood

Your emphasis rerolls only apply to rolls when using a Katana and Bisento, not for any roll with that skill.

Under equipment, can you list "Bisento" in place of "Polearm"? This is free and need not be "purchased" by your starting koku. Unless you want 2 Bisento? o_o

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Could you remove unused Emphasis spots? It makes it hard to notice the emphases you do have.

I have you at 38 xp spent (46 on traits, 2 on your ally advantage, which is reduced by 1 for being a Crane), -10 on disadvantages).

Joseph Severn

Could you mark your school skills for me?

I have you at 139 insight.

Bowyer's Kit isn't part of the Traveling Pack, and must be purchased separately. Tobacco isn't anywhere either but I'm willing to let that be part of your pack. You need to spend 2 bu on the Kit, but have an extra slot.

I assume your arrows come with a quiver as part of your starting gear, and you need not purchase it.

As such, after the bowyer's kit, netsuke, and 20 willow arrows, I have you at 5 koku and 2 bu.

Can you name your spouse (and maybe mention a little more about him?) Also, family would be a nice addition too. smile

Plainsfox  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:01 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Rain Yupa
xX_Terei_Xx

Fixed, except for ancestor.
I dunno how to incorporate them, since they don't really have an impact on Jun....

=v=;; I didn't take the advantage (since I have no points left hahaha) so it's like "Oh, your ancestor was a shugenja that was above average in a certain element, which made them worse in the opposing element, but that's all they were really known for". Which is great and all, I guess?

But it could come up in play, especially in Phoenix lands! :3 You don't need to take the advantage/disadvantage pair, but now you have a (semi) famous ancestor and that's sort of a big deal :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm
Rain Yupa

School skills marked with an for clarity, experienced marked.
Wondering where my math was off, but hey, two more points!

I figured it doesn't make much sense to own a pipe without having anything to smoke in it, whence the tobacco.
I'll go with your money total since it's more generous than mine. razz

Rolling on the Mantis table would be pretty nonsensical for a a Kitsune, so I'll go ahead and decline (besides which, the table is about 50% pirates and Gaijin trading, which I have no interest in).

I'll go ahead and condense my notes/twenty questions into an expanded background, with special reference to family and husband, and post it up sometime tonight.

For now, his name is Tsuruchi Bokkai, a respected magistrate and son of Tsuruchi Gesshin, her sensei.

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm
Mongooseh

xX_Terei_Xx"

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Bowyer's Kit isn't part of the Traveling Pack, and must be purchased separately. Tobacco isn't anywhere either but I'm willing to let that be part of your pack. You need to spend 2 bu on the Kit, but have an extra slot.

I assume your arrows come with a quiver as part of your starting gear, and you need not purchase it.

As such, after the bowyer's kit, netsuke, and 20 willow arrows, I have you at 5 koku and 2 bu.

Can you name your spouse (and maybe mention a little more about him?) Also, family would be a nice addition too. smile

Plainsfox

Shoto?

You forgot your wakizashi and knife in your equipment.

I love how your character's mom threw out all his stuff.

Would you like a roll on the Heritage Table?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm
Joseph Severn
Rain Yupa

School skills marked with an for clarity, experienced marked.
Wondering where my math was off, but hey, two more points!

I figured it doesn't make much sense to own a pipe without having anything to smoke in it, whence the tobacco.
I'll go with your money total since it's more generous than mine. razz

Rolling on the Mantis table would be pretty nonsensical for a a Kitsune, so I'll go ahead and decline (besides which, the table is about 50% pirates and Gaijin trading, which I have no interest in).

I'll go ahead and condense my notes/twenty questions into an expanded background, with special reference to family and husband, and post it up sometime tonight.

For now, his name is Tsuruchi Bokkai, a respected magistrate and son of Tsuruchi Gesshin, her sensei.

I just wish they had a minor clan heritage table.

Also, feel free to double-check my math. Also, quivers can hold up to 60 arrows so maybe you want to buy more? You have your free 20 starting and bought 20 more (I assume the more expensive Flesh Cutters and Armor Piercing ones were part of the freebies).

Also feel free to check my math on insight. I make mistakes too.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:20 pm
Mongooseh

xX_Terei_Xx"

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox

Shoto?

You forgot your wakizashi and knife in your equipment.

I love how your character's mom threw out all his stuff.

Would you like a roll on the Heritage Table?

SO HUNGRY. This took longer than I wanted, especially since one of you had to make this more complicated than it needed to be. You know who you are. If you have any doubts, trust me it's not you.

Now only if I can get Kytana to make a background for Werewolf.....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff