Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Settlers - Beginning tonight! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 pm
Rain Yupa
Liquidor
Rain Yupa
There's still one spot open.

At this point, even those I asked to volunteer out are eligable.
Iris M.D. Nellis [Half-Elf Bard] is available for hire.

I'll probably look into the sheet tomorrow.

In the meantime, there's settlement decisions that need to be made! I think it's just you now who needs to pick one more from the list. Pretty sure it's just back a page.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, I'm going with Marketplace.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:21 pm
Rain Yupa
  • Outhouses - Everyone poops, even adventurers. Without any Outhouses, people will have to resort to using bedpans and (hopefully) leaving the settlement to dispose of their waste. All around hygiene goes down, and danger goes up with so many people leaving the boundaries for personal business.
  • Blacksmith's Stables & Clothier - Adventurer's gear can get messed up, and often needs to be tended to. Magic gear is more durable, but can still be damaged, especially by other magic. Without a Smith and Tailor, your stuff is going to get run down.
  • Food Storehouse - Extra noms for extra bellies. Without this, you will be completely dependent on what gets hunted, gathered, or fished. Crops are still a WIP yet and nothing is growing.
  • Well - Fresh water unless you can find some on the island. Sure, a decanter of endless water would solve this problem, but did anyone actually think to bring one? Yeah, that's what I thought.
  • Guard Towers - This island is uninhabited and safe, yeah? If you aren't confident on that, you might want some of these so people can keep a lookout for dangers.
  • Marketplace - Without a market, you'll need to wait for merchants to arrive on trade ships to cash in your ill-gotten gains. Also, to avoid waiting for said merchants to purchase things too.
  • Livestock - A source of food and dairy products beyond grains and fish and fruits. If you want delicious MEATS and aren't willing to bet on edible fauna, consider some livestock. It will improve the health of your town.
  • Church of the Burning Hate - Divine classes are an option and you may decide to play one. But a church is a good place for all your faith-related needs. Also it comes with a priest (passive cleric) for healing if you or any townsfolk ever needs it.
  • Bathhouse - How many of you are dwarves? Then you'd better consider investing in a bathhouse, for sanitary reasons. Until you get one of those, your personal hygiene and health will suffer for it. A bathhouse requires either a well or a storehouse to work.
  • Mason - Without a Mason, all your buildings will be simply sticks and straw. That makes them burnable and not very defensible, vs the weather and possible attacks. Just saying, is all.

Things to watch out for:

ATTACKS WITHOUT WARNING
PEOPLE LOSING HOMES TO BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
CITIZENS WHO ARE SICK FROM MALNUTRITION, PROBABLY SCURVY  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:26 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Fixed the defenses, derp.

DM Note to Self: Perfection  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 pm
Kowsauni
Ok, here is the updated sheet, Im not sure what the exp is suppose to be at but I fixed everything else.

Mia, Changeling Sorc/Paladin ]

Just need to update your current XP for 3rd level.

'Sides that?

DM Note to Self: Good to go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Fix'd and clarified.

Xizzix Lilypond 2.0

I was kidding about the character sheet thing ._.

Your prices are off. Hide is 30 gp, Warhammer is 15 gp. Your final gold matches up, I think you just jotted down the wrong figures.

You know your 50' rope is a 50' ball of twine, yeah?

Ultimately, no changes need to be made except for those price typos, so thus:

DM Note to Self: Tiny Money! Tiny Prizes! Iiiiii love it!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa

Hopefully I got everything. I chose Two Weapon Defense for my bonus feat, and went with magic hide armor as my +1.

Updated the rest, but I've never been good at using the ability workspaces...so the att and dmg bonus' might still be off (probably are).

+1 Magic Hide Armor doesn't grant any bonus to defenses beyond AC. Also think of +1 Hide as "3 Armor Class, 1 Enhancement" rather than "4 Armor Class". Every +1 to your armor increases your AC by 1. It looks like you have your Hide 3 AC listed under your "Armor" correctly, then added it AGAIN under your Enhancement stat. Your AC stat should be 11+5+0+0+1 = 17.

Your final gold is lower than my count (you have 200 I have 245; if I'm missing something let me know).

Pretty much your armor is your last setback!

DM Note to Self: Needs finishing touches!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 pm
Liquidor
Rain Yupa
There's still one spot open.

At this point, even those I asked to volunteer out are eligable.
Iris M.D. Nellis [Half-Elf Bard] is available for hire.

I'll reference my post here about how errata give Half-Elves another option instead of Dilettante. If you'd rather have Knack for Success instead, the choice is yours. I won't penalize you one way or another.

You forgot your action point.

Hahaha, after checking your feats, you're playing THAT kind of Bard! : D

Thank you for listing the keytag for Signs of Influence and your powers and feats so I knew where to look heart

I have your gold expenditure at 128 gp so far sans the writing case (which I don't think it listed anywhere; if you want it to be a significant thing for you, 7gp for a nonmagical tome would work.

If you want this writing case to be your ritual book, then don't worry about it. In which case, that leaves you with 172 gp remaining by my count. After the 3 rituals (150 gp total), 22 gp is my final tally for your remaining gp.

You also have not purchased any alchemical reagents yet, which you'll need for your rituals (beyond the bardic 1/day thing).

Have yourself a bonus 100 XP for your background. You earned it.

DM Note to Self: AP, Gold, Reagents, and that's it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:30 am
Rain Yupa
If you want this writing case to be your ritual book, then don't worry about it. In which case, that leaves you with 172 gp remaining by my count. After the 3 rituals (150 gp total), 22 gp is my final tally for your remaining gp.

You also have not purchased any alchemical reagents yet, which you'll need for your rituals (beyond the bardic 1/day thing).

Writing Case (10g): Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium p124 [Part of the Sage's Kit]

Seems I forgot a few items
Climber's Kit (2g)
Holy Symbol (10g)

Sure, I'll use my writing case as my ritual book and acquire some Rare Herbs.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 am
Liquidor
Rain Yupa

Writing Case (10g): Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium p124 [Part of the Sage's Kit]

Climber's Kit (2g)
Holy Symbol (10g)

Well the Ritual Book is actually something different from your writing case. More magical, in a way. I hadn't realized Writing Case was an actual thing. So add a Ritual Book as part of your possessions (normally costs 50 gp, but you get it for free as part of your class features)!

But thank you! I never knew that list of Adventuring Gear existed! I'm so happy to learn of it!

AND EXTREMELY PLEASED ABOUT THE PICTURE WITH THE 10-FOOT POLE!

So yeah, Ritual Book is free, Writing case is 10gp, and you then wouldn't have enough for those rare herbs sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa

Hopefully I got everything. I chose Two Weapon Defense for my bonus feat, and went with magic hide armor as my +1.

Updated the rest, but I've never been good at using the ability workspaces...so the att and dmg bonus' might still be off (probably are).

+1 Magic Hide Armor doesn't grant any bonus to defenses beyond AC. Also think of +1 Hide as "3 Armor Class, 1 Enhancement" rather than "4 Armor Class". Every +1 to your armor increases your AC by 1. It looks like you have your Hide 3 AC listed under your "Armor" correctly, then added it AGAIN under your Enhancement stat. Your AC stat should be 11+5+0+0+1 = 17.

Your final gold is lower than my count (you have 200 I have 245; if I'm missing something let me know).

Right, fixed! Yeah, no idea what I was thinking with that one...lack of coffee maybe?

Anyhoo, I reduced her gold to 220gp because she drinks a lot...  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa

Right, fixed! Yeah, no idea what I was thinking with that one...lack of coffee maybe?

DM Note to Self: Bazinga  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 pm
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa

DM Note to Self: Bazinga

Cheers!  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:53 pm
Liquidor
Rain Yupa

Climber's Kit (2g)
Holy Symbol (10g)

DM Note to Self: Everything A-OK partner!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm
yay thats everyone!  

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm
Rain Yupa
So yeah, Ritual Book is free, Writing case is 10gp, and you then wouldn't have enough for those rare herbs sad

I'll get them later or see if that priest in the church can cast some rituals for me (under some influence). mrgreen  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff