Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Milo J. Abrams

I would like to purchase Eyelops Owl Emporium

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After frequenting the shop for many, many years, I have come to know each and every item sold, all the prices, and most of the owls by name. Eventually, the owner became sickly and he decided he would retire. After compiling all my earnings from my musical career, and bumming money off of James, I was able to purchase the shop, if only to keep it open a while longer.

The things I love about this shop are
The owls. Without a doubt.
I work very near my husband, so when Dris is older, he can hop shops! ..Shop hop? Ha!
I still usually get time to play music and relax.
The people. I love people!
The atmosphere. It's a very chill place to work, with surprisingly minimal stress.

The things I despise about this shop are
The messes. Oh lord, the messes.
The noise. If someone riles up the birds, it gets insanely loud for a while.
The bad customers. You know the ones. O ^ O
Having to forgo my daily nap. I got used to it after a while...
Not spending the day at home with my son, and the boys, if they're here.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I really, really love owls, and can name most of them by species. I had to get this shop, mostly to supplement our income, but partly to party with owls! It's like an owl city in here! I love it!

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:28 am
Hello, my name is Kenji Apostol

I would like to work at Eyelops Owl Emporium

1. I like animals, like owls. They're cute.
2. The atmosphere quite okay and chilly
3. I like company and customers, and helping.
4. Young students who came to buy an owl. It's kind of cute.
5. The guy who runs the shop is cool and quite nice. He's great company.

1. The messes, like droppings and flying feathers. Ugh.
2. Screeching noises.
3. Beak Bites. Though I guess that rarely happened, besides I got wounded by a bowtruckle once or twice anyway back on school.
4. Rude Customers. Duh. Seriously, it's hard to keep calm when a rude dude keeps on pissing you off.
5. Back-to-school rush. Too many people that might have give me a headache.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Well, I like animals, which is why I took Care for Magical Creatures. But I don't have a passion of being a magizoologist but hey, I guess Owls are great and so are dogs. Also, I guess working on an Owls Shop gives time for me in my Music Career than busily making Potions. Besides, I'm not rich enough to buy a Potions Shop anyway.

Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:36 pm
Jade Galaksylph
Hello, my name is Kenji Apostol

I would like to work at Eyelops Owl Emporium

1. I like animals, like owls. They're cute.
2. The atmosphere quite okay and chilly
3. I like company and customers, and helping.
4. Young students who came to buy an owl. It's kind of cute.
5. The guy who runs the shop is cool and quite nice. He's great company.

1. The messes, like droppings and flying feathers. Ugh.
2. Screeching noises.
3. Beak Bites. Though I guess that rarely happened, besides I got wounded by a bowtruckle once or twice anyway back on school.
4. Rude Customers. Duh. Seriously, it's hard to keep calm when a rude dude keeps on pissing you off.
5. Back-to-school rush. Too many people that might have give me a headache.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Well, I like animals, which is why I took Care for Magical Creatures. But I don't have a passion of being a magizoologist but hey, I guess Owls are great and so are dogs. Also, I guess working on an Owls Shop gives time for me in my Music Career than busily making Potions. Besides, I'm not rich enough to buy a Potions Shop anyway.

Miss GryffindorK

Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 pm
Hello, my name is Luke Nalson-Lillantine

I would like to purchase Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I found it for sale and bought it. Seems simple enough, right? Previous owners no longer wanted the place, so I took it.

The things I love about this shop are PRANKS! Ahem, well, yes, pranks. I was quite famous for them in school, after all. I also like making pranks, gags, jokes, the works. I like interacting with burgeoning jokesters as well. I like giving advice for what to get for gags. I also like getting a copy of what is banned at Hogwarts just so that I can see if I can get something of mine past the school.

The things I despise about this shop are people without funny bones coming into the shop. Ironically, they do come in and have the gall to seem above all of this and don't find it funny. I also dislike it when the shop is in total disarray. Yes, it's a joke shop. but please make it a semi-neat one. I don't like it when it's slow. That drives me insane. I dislike long hours at the shop, meaning I had really look into getting an assistant, and I also dislike when a prank goes awry. No, I do not design these things to harm anyone, they're just for fun.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Actually, there's not much else I can say. I was practically born for this shop, it seems. Hell, I was born on April Fool's Day, so why not?  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:58 pm
Hello, my name is Elsbeth Vass.

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts. Specifically as a cashier and a part time tutor in Charms.

The things I love about this shop are The smell of the books, being able to work as a cashier AND a tutor on the side, helping someone find just the book they were looking for, it usually being a pretty calm work environment, and not being stuck in some office all day.

The things I despise about this shop are Rude kids coming in with no idea what they want to buy, having to clean up messes when people just leave books wherever, whenever people bring food into the shop, when the summer rush is over and business drastically slows down in comparison, and having an verrrrrry long line to ring up.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Yes, I'm willing to do things other than act as a cashier and tutor if you need me to.

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:30 pm
The Forgotten Weasley
Hello, my name is Elsbeth Vass.

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts. Specifically as a cashier and a part time tutor in Charms.

The things I love about this shop are The smell of the books, being able to work as a cashier AND a tutor on the side, helping someone find just the book they were looking for, it usually being a pretty calm work environment, and not being stuck in some office all day.

The things I despise about this shop are Rude kids coming in with no idea what they want to buy, having to clean up messes when people just leave books wherever, whenever people bring food into the shop, when the summer rush is over and business drastically slows down in comparison, and having an verrrrrry long line to ring up.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Yes, I'm willing to do things other than act as a cashier and tutor if you need me to.

mc2

You're hired!  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Luke Nalson-Lillantine

I would like to purchase Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I found it for sale and bought it. Seems simple enough, right? Previous owners no longer wanted the place, so I took it.

The things I love about this shop are PRANKS! Ahem, well, yes, pranks. I was quite famous for them in school, after all. I also like making pranks, gags, jokes, the works. I like interacting with burgeoning jokesters as well. I like giving advice for what to get for gags. I also like getting a copy of what is banned at Hogwarts just so that I can see if I can get something of mine past the school.

The things I despise about this shop are people without funny bones coming into the shop. Ironically, they do come in and have the gall to seem above all of this and don't find it funny. I also dislike it when the shop is in total disarray. Yes, it's a joke shop. but please make it a semi-neat one. I don't like it when it's slow. That drives me insane. I dislike long hours at the shop, meaning I had really look into getting an assistant, and I also dislike when a prank goes awry. No, I do not design these things to harm anyone, they're just for fun.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Actually, there's not much else I can say. I was practically born for this shop, it seems. Hell, I was born on April Fool's Day, so why not?

Hired!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:58 pm
Hello, my name is Echo Lovette

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books

The things I love about this shop are Working with books, talking with people, going through the published books and finding interesting things, getting a sneak peek at the soon-to-be published works, keeping busy when I have writer's block, and having an actual income.

The things I despise about this shop are when it takes time away from my personal projects, dealing with the more unpleasant people who come around, worrying about what exactly is going on around the shop while knowing that I'm probably better off not knowing, dealing with stupidity from time to time, and having to deal with the more monotonous aspects, like paperwork.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Echo Lovette

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books

The things I love about this shop are Working with books, talking with people, going through the published books and finding interesting things, getting a sneak peek at the soon-to-be published works, keeping busy when I have writer's block, and having an actual income.

The things I despise about this shop are when it takes time away from my personal projects, dealing with the more unpleasant people who come around, worrying about what exactly is going on around the shop while knowing that I'm probably better off not knowing, dealing with stupidity from time to time, and having to deal with the more monotonous aspects, like paperwork.

Diamond Wales

You're Hired!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:15 pm
b]Hello, my name is Olyvia Catlin)

I would like to purchase Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My abusive father owned it and when he went AWOL and then later presumed dead, it was passed down to me in my will. I'm hoping to make it into something better... instead of just a bad memory.

The things I love about this shop are sweets, the good memories, people, children, and Diagon Alley.

The things I despise about this shop are My father, the bad memories, the secrets, the clean up, the loss.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though most would think this was a bad memory and I'd want to just sell the shop and be done with it.. I love the sweets, and some of my only good memories of my father are in this shop... it was all a lie though... but I can pretend.

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:02 pm
Devlyn Maycry
b]Hello, my name is Olyvia Catlin)

I would like to purchase Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My abusive father owned it and when he went AWOL and then later presumed dead, it was passed down to me in my will. I'm hoping to make it into something better... instead of just a bad memory.

The things I love about this shop are sweets, the good memories, people, children, and Diagon Alley.

The things I despise about this shop are My father, the bad memories, the secrets, the clean up, the loss.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though most would think this was a bad memory and I'd want to just sell the shop and be done with it.. I love the sweets, and some of my only good memories of my father are in this shop... it was all a lie though... but I can pretend.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 pm
Hello, my name is Emmet Hughes

I would like to purchase All or Nothing Ink and Board Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... The original owners London and Seong sorta left to do some sort of buccaneering, of the non-exciting sex kind I might add, and sorta threw the papers at me and Gypsy. Literally. I've got a paper cut on my right ear because of that sh-mess. So now me and Gypsy are pooling together our money to afford to keep the shop and others to rent out chairs and such.

The things I love about this shop are I get to do something I like and am relatively good at, there's free food, the customers are pretty interesting, and I get paid to sometimes just sit around and do nothing, and now that I'm a part owner I can decide upon things the previous ones wouldn't listen to. Like Cosplay Fridays.

The things I despise about this shop are I have to get up super early to help open it, the stupid skate kids leave their s**t all over the back and don't clean it up, drunk customers that demand a tat even after I tell them no, and when the obviously dumb bimbo has a boyfriend already. Oh. And when shite-head chair renters don't pull their weight and pay their dues. Dumbarses.

Diamond Wales

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 pm
Hello, my name is Gypsy Lovette

I would like to purchase was given co-ownership of The All or Nothing II

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After I graduated Hogwarts, I needed to get a job, like, stat, and was sort of hoping for one I wouldn't hate every second of, so I figured, hey, I'm an artist, I could do tattoos, yeah? So, I came into the shop, got taken on by the owners as an apprentice, and a year later was a proper employee. But, not long after that, we (my co-worked Emmet and I) were told that London and Seong, the owners, were leaving. We sort of didn't want to be out of a job, so I panicked a bit, especially since I sort of live in the flat above the shop. But, they signed over ownership of the place to Emmet and I, making us co-owners. It's going to be... interesting, to say the least.

- Making my own schedule
- Getting to use my artistic talents
- Seeing all the people that come in and out
- Watching people walk out with my art permanently inked into their skin
- Confusing regulars by changing my own tattoos every day or so

- The skate park is freaking loud and gives me a headache
- Emmet's an arse
- Indecisive people who can't just pick a bloody tat or piercing
- People blaming me when they regret the bad decisions I tried to talk them out of
- Have I mentioned that Emmet's an annoying bloody arse?
- Late nights where a person can't just let me take a bloody break because they want it done NOW.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Emmet Hughes and I are the co-owners of this shop.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:40 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Emmet Hughes

I would like to purchase All or Nothing Ink and Board Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... The original owners London and Seong sorta left to do some sort of buccaneering, of the non-exciting sex kind I might add, and sorta threw the papers at me and Gypsy. Literally. I've got a paper cut on my right ear because of that sh-mess. So now me and Gypsy are pooling together our money to afford to keep the shop and others to rent out chairs and such.

The things I love about this shop are I get to do something I like and am relatively good at, there's free food, the customers are pretty interesting, and I get paid to sometimes just sit around and do nothing, and now that I'm a part owner I can decide upon things the previous ones wouldn't listen to. Like Cosplay Fridays.

The things I despise about this shop are I have to get up super early to help open it, the stupid skate kids leave their s**t all over the back and don't clean it up, drunk customers that demand a tat even after I tell them no, and when the obviously dumb bimbo has a boyfriend already. Oh. And when shite-head chair renters don't pull their weight and pay their dues. Dumbarses.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Gypsy Lovette

I would like to purchase was given co-ownership of The All or Nothing II

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After I graduated Hogwarts, I needed to get a job, like, stat, and was sort of hoping for one I wouldn't hate every second of, so I figured, hey, I'm an artist, I could do tattoos, yeah? So, I came into the shop, got taken on by the owners as an apprentice, and a year later was a proper employee. But, not long after that, we (my co-worked Emmet and I) were told that London and Seong, the owners, were leaving. We sort of didn't want to be out of a job, so I panicked a bit, especially since I sort of live in the flat above the shop. But, they signed over ownership of the place to Emmet and I, making us co-owners. It's going to be... interesting, to say the least.

- Making my own schedule
- Getting to use my artistic talents
- Seeing all the people that come in and out
- Watching people walk out with my art permanently inked into their skin
- Confusing regulars by changing my own tattoos every day or so

- The skate park is freaking loud and gives me a headache
- Emmet's an arse
- Indecisive people who can't just pick a bloody tat or piercing
- People blaming me when they regret the bad decisions I tried to talk them out of
- Have I mentioned that Emmet's an annoying bloody arse?
- Late nights where a person can't just let me take a bloody break because they want it done NOW.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Emmet Hughes and I are the co-owners of this shop.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas