Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e] Ca-anas Revisited [5/5 - Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:51 pm
Rain Yupa
Popcorn Faerie
I should have the character sheet ready tonight after work. Been struggling to decide on a single class.

A quick question: what are your thoughts on non PHB races, specifically those from Essentials and MM?

We have a Fighter (me), a Warden (Fire Fox), which are both melee defenders. We have a wizard (Tanimeso), which is a controller, and an artificer (Xellos) who is a ranged leader it seems.

We are lacking in the Striker. I always say if you have a toss-up between melee and ranged, always have more melee than ranged rather than the other way around (or else, you might not have meatshields keeping enemies out of melee range with the archers/casters!). That said, I think the best compliment to the group would be a melee striker.

But that's just my opinion, on the matter of balance. You can play whatever and we'll adapt ^-^

Looking at the spread of ability scores, Charisma and Dexterity aren't the best with the four of us. Dexterity, we got 14, 14, 10, 8. Charisma, we got 12, 11, 10, 10. Why does the Goliath Fighter have the highest charisma?

That said, a Rogue seems to be the best complement to that, but by no means the only complement possible.

I am wanting to play a Pixie based around Streak of Light and charging around the battlefield, but I am undecided on the class if I go that route. Rogue is a consideration.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:05 pm
Tanimeso

I was just comparing the four of our Charisma skills and shaking my head in disappointment when I noticed Barthas is double-trained in Streetwise O_O' I think that's an error sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm
really? well isn't that quaint. Lemme go see.

Ah yes. I trained in it, then I have a feat for an extra bonus. I honestly forgot why I did that. I been so busy lately DMing IRL that I forgot most of my plans for this wizard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:55 pm
Tanimeso
really? well isn't that quaint. Lemme go see.

Ah yes. I trained in it, then I have a feat for an extra bonus. I honestly forgot why I did that. I been so busy lately DMing IRL that I forgot most of my plans for this wizard.

Thing is, Skill Training gives you training in the skill, which is +5 normally... but in the case of this sheet, checking the skill counts as training. Thus, the feat lets you "check" the skill. If you want a flat bonus to a trained skill, you need Skill Focus.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:18 pm
Ah cute. Well then! I propose whole re roll to fix this error! yes yes, something sleeker, with more beard, maybe a funny hat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 pm
Popcorn Faerie
I should have the character sheet ready tonight after work. Been struggling to decide on a single class.

A quick question: what are your thoughts on non PHB races, specifically those from Essentials and MM?

I like branching out from the normal stock of races. In fact, some people you will be dealing with will likely be of different races from the normal. Ca-anas is surprisingly diverse, as it acts as a hub for immigration.

If you're planning on playing a Pixie charger...maybe an Avenger or Warlock?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
KounetsuDeb generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 8!

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am
Too many choices. Going to randomize things a bit.

1. Barbarian
2. Berserker
3. Blackguard
4. Hexblade
5. Ranger
6. Rogue
7. Scout
8. Slayer
9. Sorcerer
10. Thief
11. Warlock

Hmm, the slayer is such a weird class. It's all.. basic attacks, mostly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 pm
I've seen some pretty interesting characters made off pixies.... god I hate the Otta's Irresistible Dance ability. sweatdrop  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 pm
Wound up going back to the Pixie Rogue. Just need to do some last minute tweaks after work and it will be submitted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm
Running a bit behind, sorry. Work has been killer. Should be ready tomorrow.  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 pm
Rain Yupa
Feel Good MD

Dion Necurat

Popcorn Faerie
Is there still room for one more? I PM'd you but never got a reply.

Maybe we should consider having Popcorn write up a character sheet if we can't get ahold of Ms. MD?

So sorry about that D: And for the record I personally am Male, I just got tired of a male avatar after almost 8 years or so.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm
Since Feel Good returned, I assumed my character was no longer needed.  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm
Popcorn Faerie
Since Feel Good returned, I assumed my character was no longer needed.

Go ahead and make one anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm
Have a Wizard's Character Builder version of the character finished. As for Myth-Weavers, I have all the important stuff filled out, I believe: powers, feats, equipment, skills, stats, etc.

I'll post it along with background/personality stuff tomorrow.  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am
Autumn Skye, the Pixie Brutal Scoundrel Rogue.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff