Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Fate Of All Things (Recruitment Status = 9/8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KytanaTheThief rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6 Total: 40 (12-72)

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am
rolls continued....

5. 12
6. 10
7. 14

So together, dropping the lowest, that's

which *calculates* is equivalent to a 24 point buy, which beats it by a little...so, could definitely have been worse...now to go alter this guy's sheet....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 am
and welcome Odvukrio, Minotaur Protector Shaman

And now to go fix my post in BNW before people start throwing stuff at me XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 pm
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Also, Gwen

An obscure prophecy with multiple interpretations is my favorite kind! biggrin

Okay, you never listed any of your racial features, for starters.

There is a different version of Magic Missile out - it auto-hits, but does less damage (a set amount, 2+Int damage+enh bonus for implement). You can use either version, as per my shpeel about racial trait variations above. Just letting you know your options.

Where are the feats "Starfire Womb" and "Reaper's Touch"? I can't seem to find either one.

"Sprite War Cry" is actually "Sprite War Call". Semantics, I know, but felt I should point that out.

You need your 1 action point.

Istus is not a god in this setting, as it uses the standard PHB pantheon.

Staffs are not implements for warlocks. You can HAVE a staff, but you can't use it to cast spells with, only to beat people over the head with.

Warlocks can use Cloth or Leather without training. The difference between the two is that Leather gives you +2 AC, Cloth gives you none. Just saying, is all.

You have an Armor Bonus of 1 listed on your sheet, but I don't see where you got that from. Cloth has an armor bonus of 0.

You also shorted yourself a lot of equipment: You have a level 1 magic implement that you can't use, a level 1 magic armor that's not as good as you could have, and your third magic item was never claimed. And you shorted yourself most of your gold. If you aren't sure, 5th level characters start with a level 6 item, a level 5 item, a level 4 item, and 840 gp.

When you clean up the character, then I can add it to the list. smile

You still have Magic Missile a little wrong. You have "Int vs Reflex" still up there; it auto hits now, you don't have to worry about an attack roll! But, if you want the older version that has more of a damage range (4-10 force damage with an attack roll compared to 4 automatic force damage), disregard what I had mentioned in my last post.

Your skill bonuses from Jack of All Trades are off. Diplomacy should be 4 not 2 (half-elf), religion should be 0 (trained), Bluff should be 0 (trained), Arcana should be 0 (trained). The bonus from Arcanist's Glasses isn't "+3 to Arcana checks", it's "+3 to Arcana checks to detect magic", which is a very specific use of Arcana.

You didn't factor in Implement Expertise into your Attack Workspace, which gives you a +1 FEAT to hit. You also have only a +1 rod, not a +2 rod, so your ENH bonus should only be +1. A net change of 0.

Also, this is just a side comment, nothing worth auditing: wizards and warlocks share wands as an implement, if you wanted to give a benefit to Magic Missile. You might not care enough about a single encounter power to change that, but I thought I'd bring it up. You can use either implement. smile

I looked up Obsidian Steed, and wasn't entirely sure what I have just discovered. I was looking online for clarification, and I seem to concur with this post (as well as a post later telling about normal/daze/stun circumstances). Hopefully that doesn't ruin the item for you? If it does, you can change it.

You should have 60 gp left over, since I do not count mundane equipment against your starting allotment of gold.

Almost done! biggrin

I want the old Magic Missle, it's an encounter, so why bother for less damage on a one time use spell?

I get a +2 bonus to religion from my background bonus, but i fixed the rest of the skills

I factored in the +1 from feat to the enhance bonus

and the idol is fine. I couldnt find any lv5 items I liked, so I took this so i didnt have to worry about feeding and stabling a mount. I can just pack it away and summon it later.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:43 am
Rain Yupa
joe-dude667
Here's my character: Teifling Draconic Sorcerer Confusion

First in. As a Merc Work player, you will be receiving a P3 priority tag.

You need your 1 action point.

You need to choose an element for your Dragon Soul feature. It looks like Cold, but you don't actually have it listed.

Could I request you modify your Quick Look-Up from "Fire" to "Fire/Fear"?

Your +2 staff does +2d6 on a crit, not +1d6.

You forgot your +1 Enh bonus to AC from your Robe.

The penalty to attack rolls for Cloak of Distortion's property is actually to the enhancement bonus now, so it's only -1, not -5.

Quote:
The Merchants under his employment were paid handsomely, even with 80% of prophets profits going straight to the Bel'Crystal estate.

Should I be frightened that your family is gathering prophets? I'm curious why 1 out of 5 prophets don't make the cut, too...

Also, in case it comes up in play, was the name Morthos or Morphos? You have it written both ways.

So, only a few minor tweaks and you're done! smile Adding it to the list.

EDIT: Also, you need to list that you have 5500/7500 XP.

Done and done. 3nodding

And it's Morthos, though he hasn't used that name in over 10 years.

Also in response to another of your posts I'm going to choose the Errata'd version of Infernal Wrath. It's just so easier to use. But I'd like the unerrata'd Cloak of Distortion... ninja  

joe-dude667

Suicidesoldier#1 generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:02 pm
Gah, I can't decide.

Human/ Char/con/str guy, AND GO!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm
Sheet is nearly done.

Will submit it soon, hopefully.

Wanted to be done with it by now but things keep causing issues.

I don't even have a lot left to do: select a couple powers, fill in some physical characteristics, select the last couple items.  

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 pm
I haven't disregarded this game or anything, guys. I've just had a rough couple days/past week. I can't quite claim it's cleared up yet though.

Mainly involving furniture buying for my house, which seems like it should be an easy thing (order the furniture, pay for the furniture, and have it delivered to an address on a date).

So far, ordering it has exploded in my face, and now the payment part has exploded in my face. I don't have very high expectations of step 3 of the process working out for me. It already sounds like they can deliver it BEFORE I'm there to receive it, or AFTER I have to come back to the east coast, but not in between when I'm actually at my new house.

Anyways! Soon, preciousss, soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 am
That sucks. Why are seemingly simple things like buying furniture never actually simple? I swear 90% of companies do stuff like this just to piss people off. Good luck with moving though! Hope it isn't as stressful as the last few times I've moved place. >.<  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm
KytanaTheThief

As a player in Brave New World, you will be getting the P4 tag!

Could you include "Protector Spirit" somewhere under Class features, so I can remember for feat/paragon path purposes later? I'm sure I can figure it out, but just to save me having to take the book out and look it up. Selfish, I know.

You get two uses of Healing Spirit, and you only have it listed once.

You included the cost of your items? You're too good to me cat_4laugh

Other than that the lack of two healing spirits, it's flawless!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:10 pm
Virulent Lover

Suicidesoldier#1

I will be ending recruitment tomorrow night, for those who started, as well as for any latecomers who might get some last-minute sheets in.

I'm going to start making the subforum tonight, and plan on starting game tomorrow.

Shazam.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:12 pm
A bird in the hand is worth two in bush.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

A hand in the bush is worth two in the bird.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Suicidesoldier#1

A hand in the bush is worth two in the bird.

Two hands in a bird would be rather gross.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 pm
Rain Yupa
KytanaTheThief

Could you include "Protector Spirit" somewhere under Class features, so I can remember for feat/paragon path purposes later? I'm sure I can figure it out, but just to save me having to take the book out and look it up. Selfish, I know.

Ah, that was just more of an aesthetic thing for me. I didn't think to put two instances of Healing spirit, I jsut figured I'd remember I could use it twice XD

And paragon path purposes? Getting a little ahead of yourself, are you? ;p

But going to fix those right now

As for the cost of items, it's mostly habit. Gold isn't something that comes up often in actual play anyways, pretty much only when/if you want to buy an item later.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 pm
KytanaTheThief
Rain Yupa
KytanaTheThief

Ah, that was just more of an aesthetic thing for me. I didn't think to put two instances of Healing spirit, I jsut figured I'd remember I could use it twice XD

And paragon path purposes? Getting a little ahead of yourself, are you? ;p

But going to fix those right now

As for the cost of items, it's mostly habit. Gold isn't something that comes up often in actual play anyways, pretty much only when/if you want to buy an item later.

So the Healing Spirit listed once was intentional? You can revert it then, if you want. It was just a precaution recommendation for me, in case a person isn't as familiar with what a certain class can do.

And, maybe! ;D  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces