Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3:16 - Carnage Amongst the Stars (Game Mechanics/OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm
Mongooseh logged into MSN earlier tonight, and retired early for the evening. If he does not post by tomorrow afternoon, I will post without him (or Mien).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 am
Planet Caravaggio's listing has been updated to include Regenerative Shadow Beasts as its population. Enjoy!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Also, you guys know whether or not you succeeded when you roll. I will do a general description of what happened after everyone goes. But if you succeed or fail, feel free to describe HOW you succeed or fail.

Also also, you can roll kills if you want as soon as you succeed on a FA roll; but do not add it to your sheet until after a round/combat is over; if the Aliens change range on you, or someone forces a weakness on you, it will change that number. If you roll kills as soon as you roll FA, be wary that you might need to reroll your kill count.

Also also also desu, remember that you can automatically change your range if you succeed on a FA or NFA roll with a higher success than the aliens. If it is something you would want to do, include it in your post that you would like to change to X range (either closer or farther by 1 step; moving beyond Far range retreats you from the encounter).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 pm
Got a couple questions regarding explosive ordinance. One: the damage on grenades. Is that 1 kill at near range for when you try to throw a grenade at something a range increment away? Or can you throw a grenade having it be in close range when it explodes? Having "pull pin, don't die" be the optimal use of a frenade strikes me as... odd.

Two: If you pull a grenade and succeed well enough to move, do you move after the explosion or before? The simultaneous action thing is confusing. Somewhat related: does a failure using a grenade do nothing, or still blow you up?

Or am i just completely misunderstanding grenades altogether?  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 pm
It is 1 kill if you throw it at Near Range. Between timing, trying to get the precise distance, the targets having more of an area to move around before it goes off, it's harder to get a kill when you're so far away. That's why you can upgrade weapons at the ends of missions, INCLUDING grenades, so you are more proficient in them.

You would move after the attack. Same with a gun; you would roll for kills prior to the move, not afterwards. If you want to be in a position for better killing rolls before the encounter ends, you need to make an NFA roll to do so. Otherwise, you have to hope your FA roll succeeds more betterer than the enemy's AA roll.

You describe what happens with the grenade. It can be a dud. It can explode nowhere near the aliens. You could accidently blow up one of the NPC troopers. You could throw the pin by mistake, and take a wound yourself as you realize a moment too late that it's still in your hand. If you fail your FA roll, 3:16 encourages the players to describe their own failures smile All that matters is that you do not get any kills with it, nor do you remove threat tokens with it.

At this point, the only one at risk of getting blown up by grenades would be Corporal Tantalus (since he is in Close Range), and that's only if he fails his FA 7 roll (or NFA 3 roll, if he tried to pull back to Near Range).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm
One might argue that if Corporal Tantalus didn't WANT to get blown up by grenades, then he shouldn't fail his next roll.

Just saying, is all.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm
Rain Yupa
One might argue that if Corporal Tantalus didn't WANT to get blown up by grenades, then he shouldn't fail his next roll.

Just saying, is all.
i misread and thought it hurt all troopers in close range, that failed roll bit got past me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 am
Rain Yupa

Just saying, is all.

Not planning on it! wink  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm
Post goes up tomorrow night, whether Mongooseh, Raganui, Arc or Meditatus have posted or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:14 am
I hope at least a few of them do crying  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 am
I apologize, my grandfather hasn't been well and as such, my attention hasn't been on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am
Raganui Minamoto
I apologize, my grandfather hasn't been well and as such, my attention hasn't been on Gaia.

It's fine. 3:16 really does have the option of just pressing forward better than any other game. As you saw, many players hadn't posted, not just you.

Also, I saw you haven't been on MSN, so I figured something was up. I hope he gets well soon.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:24 pm
I'll be posting tonight, whether or not Mongooseh or Arc have posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:44 am
... wtf...

I swear that I chose d10 when I posted that first roll.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 am
So, what, is Mongooseh and Spork the only ones playing now? You guys needn't wait for me, I'm only here to provide the setting and populate planets with bogeys that want to kill you.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff