Reply Community Lounge
The Life Updates Thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:03 pm
Oh, wow. It feels lke its been ages. I miss this place a lot, but I've been without a computer for a good while. I'm posting this from my phone, in fact..

Well, to be short:
I recently celebrated my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend. Went to military ball that weekend with our friends that were also celebrating their anniversary.
Shannon, one of the friends mentioned above, recently lost her mother and also now has a daughter of her own on the way. Its pretty crazy.
I took my AP Art History exam last week, and this is my final week of high schoool. Ever. I graduate this year. I'm exempt from all but one of my exams.
I Got promoted to a 2nd Lieutenant in JROTC
I got admitted to University of Baltimore and decided to attend there next Fall majoring in simulation and digital design.
I'm in the process of joining the Air National Guard so that by the time Josh graduates we can try and find somewhere to move in together

It's been so long, ATG. I'm glad to see some of you still around.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 pm
I just bought a really nice laptop with my tax refund. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday. biggrin In other news... ummmmm... not much. xD  

shadowrune

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 am
sweatdrop Well... I disappeared from the guild out of a mixture of embarrassment and sheer lack of time. Couple of awkward occurrences with a member or two in combination with being a full-time college student and part-time employee at Gamestop with a struggling social life and exponentially growing responsibilities just...didn't seem to produce the best of results.

I'm broke as a joke. Still living at home with my folks, but paying for food, gas, and insurance with the meager amount I make is difficult enough without tossing in the cost of rent. Dipped my toe in modeling, and decided that I didn't like it in the least... Painting, reading, writing, and A LOT of comics... I've altered my style significantly since the last panels you guys have seen.

Got myself a boyfriend, who is a very dandy fellow. Umm... Beat Portal 2, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time, and Pokemon White. Currently playing Dragon Age II and Bioshock. Read "Smoke and Mirrors", "The Stranger", and "Love In the Time of Cholera". Currently reading "Game of Thrones" and "Choke".

Became president of the philosophy club at my college, and am pondering becoming a business major... In all honesty, I'm still very unsure as to what I wish to do with my career, however. I've prodded at many ideas including, but not limited to: tattoo artist, prosthetic technician, accountant, florist, freelance writer... But the mystery about my future is more exciting than frightening.

I stopped drinking soda cold-turkey on December 31st, and haven't had a sip of one since. I've just started making healthier decisions in general... I find that regular exercise and a decent diet has greatly improved my overall mood AND fixed my, at times, terribly sporadic sleep schedule. But don't get me wrong... I still meltdown with happiness when people pass me a cupcake or cookie. <-< Perhaps even moreso now that they've become a bit of a rarity.

I really missed you guys.... I always miss you guys... No matter how many months I'm away from this place, it'll never stop being on my mind. razz How could it be, when the things that I've learned and the habits I've accumulated here are so intrinsic to my day-to-day doings? Sometimes I wonder if the reason I'm so infatuated with the concept of being a business major lately is because I'd had such a blast working under the fictitious UndaCorp. lol

I see that this place is a little on the slow side, but I'll make a point to at least lurk a bit more often... I'll probably be on Skype again as well.

It's odd... I used to spend an AVERAGE of six hours a day on my laptop. But, thinking about my laptop right now... I realize that I haven't opened it in MONTHS... And while some of my family and friends would smile at that notion, it gives me a slight sense of guilt and loneliness. sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:41 pm
It's okay Slim! We know you still love us!

PS: feel free to lurk in the IRC sometimes.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 pm
Whoo, life update? I don't even know if anyone here cares anymore! If you do read on.

I've been done all my course work for school for over a month now and I'm doing my second placement for it. I finished my first semester with an 85% and second with an 84%, the second semester average pisses me off, I was aiming for an 85. My first placement was wonderful! I was placed in a kindergarten class and I did really well. This time I'm in a daycare and I don't quite like it at all. There are no punishments other than "You can't do that" and "go say sorry" and the kids pretty much get to run around and do whatever the hell they want! On top of that we have been doing all the clean up ourselves, another girl from my classes is there with me, with little or no help from the actual staff. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping, but I would really like if they could remember that we're not there to clean up all the time.

On a better note, we're finally moving out!!!! We found a place to live in the city right beside the college! It's going to have a fully fenced in backyard with a gate that locks! I'll love this because finally our children can go in and out as they please. Lydia has been old enough to do that, but Dante would run for the road, no worries about that now! We have found out that getting a nanny is far cheaper than sending the children to daycare and we already have a number who are interested. We will be moving in June.

On top of all the excitement of me being in my last year of my program, GTR starting in college, and both girls being in school, a friend of ours has a dog who had puppies and he has to get rid of them so we're getting a puppy! At first we were like "Whoa!! We're both going to be in school! This puppy will be home alone during the day.... Not if we have a nanny! I think this will be good for us because it will force us to go out for more walks which means doing more things as a family especially when we'll both be in school and what not, family time will be needed and dogs NEED to go out for a walk.

Finally, after 7 years of waiting, we're getting a dog!

On some sad notes, Rex has finally passed. I really hope that in her last days she was as comfortable as she could be! She always had water, and she was fed wet cat food which she LOVED! I'm really upset that she's gone. We buried her, I cried... She was the best pet we have ever owned! She never bit, never tried to run away, was gentle as hell with everyone even when Dante would squeeze her. She will be very much missed! Boo, my budgie, also passed away that same week. We're not sure what killed him, hell he could have just been really old... I don't know. That same ******** day GTR's aunt comes in and says "You're birds dead? What are you doing with the cage?" To which I replied "I'm keeping it!" How ******** rude!! I can't wait to get away from all that bullshit!

Oh and of course NOW that we're moving GTR's grandmother wants to see the children. Didn't care the entire time, but now that we won't be here she cares. I hate people like that!

Oh wait!! There's more!

I'm getting surgery done twice in the summer! One to work on my ears and the other to finally, hopefully, fix my sinuses. I will be getting a tube in my left ear, why not the right one I don't know as it's just as bad, and then they are going to remove some potentially cancerous bone growth from my right ear. Fun times! They get to slice behind my ear, flop it forward and drill it out. They will be very close to some nerves too and they will be monitoring to make sure they don't hit it and paralyze half my face. Man, if they did that's my schooling down the drain! With my sinuses they'll just be drilling holes in my sinuses in hopes they drain properly, I was told that I'll be wearing nose tampons for a few days after. Guess who won't be going out in public for those few days?! ME!  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 am
Today is my official first day of training. I have a brief(presentation) on the first part of flight school, then starts some academics and learning to fly a Cessna in a couple weeks. Woot Woot! I am excite!  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 pm
Hey guys! Long time no see~

I'm not yet graduated (still), going into what should be my last semester, by God, it will be if it kills me. Which it very well might, but I digress. This last fall, I studied in Japan at Sapporo University for three months, which was fantastic, and now I wish I was still there. 'Course, at the time I just wanted to be back here, but...

I moved into a house with a couple of my friends from Japanese class when I returned stateside, and proceeded to utterly ******** up this semester as I have most others. The last few weeks were characterized by a cavalcade of things going wrong--my car's brakes started going out again, my engine leaking oil, with everything else that was wrong with it my parents decided it would be best to just get me a different car, and so I have one now. I'm also starting a new job next month, at a newly-opening Teavana, and I'm super excited for that. Just in time, as it were, since I'm quite possibly going to have to move out and find my own place, since our third roommate is moving out (again.)

Otherwise I'm busy being dirt ******** poor and going to work a paltry 10 hours a week. To think, my manager was surprised when I told her I was taking a job somewhere else...  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:02 pm
Noovvvaaaaaaaaaaa :3

Sucks to hear that things went to a bit of s**t, good to hear that things are picking back up though. Hope the new job ( and newer car ) treats you nicely smile

UPDATE FOR ME:

About 3 weeks ago I turned down a job that a friend offered me because I didn't know anything about hydroponics, and the job was kind of at a hydroponics store. Just seen that friend again yesterday and they told me that the owner would have been happy to teach me everything I needed to know and that I would have gotten at least 15 hours a week at the store. 15 hours may not be much of course, but it's enough when I was being offered about $16.50 an hour >_< Which I also didn't know at the time.

Oh well though, still looking for a job, still filling out apps, and still playing games errydayirl  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 am
Currently learning a semester's worth of s**t in a 2 week span. 1 week down, 1 test down and 3 tests this week...

Then, I get to learn to fly a Piper Cherokee 140. Gonna be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm
Xikrai the Risen
Currently learning a semester's worth of s**t in a 2 week span. 1 week down, 1 test down and 3 tests this week...

...I think I've been hanging out on Facebook too much; I looked (for about half a second) for a "like" button. xd  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 pm
aretoo
Xikrai the Risen

...I think I've been hanging out on Facebook too much; I looked (for about half a second) for a "like" button. xd

As did I after reading your post, aretooie. Which is sad, given the subject matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 pm
I only post in here again, because my last post here was about starting flight school. Now I am finished! Going to the other side of the country now!

And Happy Holidays everybody!

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:42 pm
Congratulations!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:04 pm
Congrats, Xik! biggrin

Let's see, what's happening in Lobo Land? Ummm... I am applying to study abroad in Japan next year, so I need to finish up my application essay and send that to people and deal with all of that. I'm a sophomore in college now. I worked at the public library last summer and I'm going to be applying to work there again this summer before I (hopefully) study abroad. I just need to swing in to take a Dewey decimal system test while I'm still in town.

I'm an aunt now. Have been since the fall when my brother had a kid. That's... pretty much it? I've been doing a lot of knitting when not doing school work, internetting, or trying to pretend that I have nothing I should be doing.  

Lobo-chan

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm
Hey everyone, long time no see, I figured since I just came back and saw this thread (which was an awesome idea by the way) I figured it would be a good idea to give an update of my own since I have been gone for about two years.

May 2011 I graduated with my BS in Psychology. I was still working as a lifeguard and then got a second job in a call center, moved out of my parents house Feb 2012 and lived on my own, got engaged May 2012, after dating for five years, day before mothers day, (mum said it was the best mother's day gift ever). Quite lifeguarding and went full time in my call center job, did that for six months, hated it, management sucked, quite that and went back to lifeguarding. Moved into an apartment with my now fiance. I am also the event coordinator/activity director for my current apartment complex which is great since they take a huge chunk off our rent.

Wedding date is currently April 5th and the theme is a Masquerade.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff