Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:04 am
Hars shrugs "He enjoyed it, and he died the way he wanted. Not many can boast that. Not that dead men boast a lot, present company excluded." She wipes her swords clean on the orc's clothing and sheathes them, leaving Grashuk to the warrior's belongings, including his spiffy sword.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:42 am
The Square

Grashuk, on Krusks corpse you find 150gp and a symbol of Bane around his neck. Although you think that it is just mundane, as is his sword. But the weapon seems to be made in a slightly different style than you are used to; as if it was forged in a different manner.

As you all stand around the fountain, you notice Pelloth walking toward you from the north road.

(Hars gets 300XP!)  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 am
The Bugbear unsheathed the Orc's sword, and began to examine the weapon. "There's something different about this sword. As if it were forged differently...," he commented outloud, eyeing down the length of the blade.

He turned away from the sword and toward Hars, and then nodded in the direction of the already stinking body. "There's a bit of gold on him as well. You might as well claim it, since you are the one who slew him." Not enough gold to take without saying anything, anyway, Grashuk thought, once more turning his attention toward the sword.

Quote:
History check to see if I can recognize where the blade comes from: 21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 am
@Grashuk - You examine the sword, and you vaguely recognise the forging techniques. In your time with the hobgoblin tribe of your young years, you mainly made camp at the foot of the Ashen Mountains, on the north side. And only four or five days travel to the north of your camp was the Frost-thorn Mountains. In the Frost-thorns, among many other savage humanoids, are many tribes of Orcs. One such tribe are the Freg'll Trusn, they are a small tribe of Orcs that, now that you think of it, use the fighting style Krusk was employing. And you recognise this sword as one of theirs, very rare to be seen outside of the Frost-thorn Mountains. There is also something strange or significant about the Freg'll Trusn, but for the life of you, you can't recall it.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 am
As Pelloth opened the door Cain saw his opportunity. There was a great flash of searing light, blinding the priest as he heard the door slam shut. When he regained his sight again a shot while later, he noticed the Kenku was no longer in the room. In fact he was running through the temple, out into the street where he quickly ran into a small ally way to avoid detection.

[[Used encounter Utility Distracting Flare, targets are blind to Cain as he moves his speed. Then stealth check of 31 to avoid being found.]]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 pm
"well met" Pelloth called with a smile, waving as he spotted his two companions then pausing when he spotted the downed Orc. "Oh, what have we here?"  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:25 pm
"He already paid me. We'll split the gold among the group."

Hars, as a female hobgoblin, smiles to the drow. "Hello Pelloth, this is my new friend Krusk. We were playing a little while ago. He was great fun."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm
@Cain - as you sprinted out of the room, the blinded priest let out a howl and launched a bolt of eldritch energy in your direction, which narrowly missed your head. As you run past Pelloth and to the door of the temple, you are surprised to not hear Rithin behind you, he seemed to not chase you.

You are now in an alleyway opposite the street from the temple. You received some strange looks from Ravenholmiens (new word!) as you fled across the street, but you are hidden now, behind some stinking barrels.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm
Pelloth, guessing the creature who seemed familiar with him to be his changeling companion responded with a parental tone and a stern look on his face, "Now Hars, what have I told you about playing nice with your friends? I know how much fun it is to stab things, but some people just die to easily."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:53 pm
Hars snorts. "If he had died easily, I wouldn't have killed him. No, he died a warrior. Want some gold?"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 pm
Pelloth was taken aback at the random offer of gold, so with an arched eyebrow he replied, "and in return?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm
"I'll have some gold." A voice called from behind the changeling. After waiting a while to make sure he hadn't been seen, or more importantly - followed, Cain made his way to the bloodstone inn. Seeing the dead orc the Avenger smiled to himself.

"Looks like you've been having fun without me Hars!"  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:29 pm
Hars smiles at Pelloth "I told you so. And I've gotten what I wanted from the orc, the gold is as good in your hands as in mine. Although..." Hars stoops to claim the holy symbol. "This might be useful."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm
"Remember his face, it might be useful too," Gerash comments, "Maybe you could con a fancy new sword off the temple."

He then turns to Pelloth and Cain, "You two get anything about the bloodstone stalkers or that elf while you were dawdling about town?" always direct, that Gerash.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm
"Enough to know that they do in fact exist. Unfortunately, the dodo bird here angered a high ranking member." Pelloth glared at the Kenku, but made sure that he was out of striking distance. "Those must have been some short words you traded with High Priest Fyord. What did he have to say after I left?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff