Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 5, 7, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 5, 6, 6, 1, 1 Total: 52 (14-140)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm
Things SEEMED to be going to Naohiko's plan as Ichi popped him in the breadbasket. Naohiko really, really wished this wasn't his plan, but Shohei and Natsumi wanted a show and the Kraken bushi was deciding what to show them. Hopefully he didn't need to take more battering before the two would decide that the Kraken showed them what they need to see.

Another swing at Ichi again. Another blow aimed loosely at her legs. He would return a little pain this exchange, hopefully....or not!

OOC:
Damage: 5
Stance: Attack
Roll: 6k3 w/ 3 dice kept for explosions (Kenjutsu)
Damage: 3k2 w/ 2 dice kept for explosion
Results: 16  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 pm
"There's just the one... I hope. By its own admittance, it was attempting to shame the Crane by killing someone under their protection. But... that makes very little sense, considering it went through the effort of stealing the face of a monk all the way out in the colonies, staying with us for months, and specifically going after me, instead of a Great Clan samurai that would have impacted the Crane far more severely. It escaped Crane custody by stealing the face of a Daidoji so it's not like it didn't have the time or opportunity to do so, perhaps. If it's even still alive, it has been apprehended and is under... hopefully far greater security, so we may never learn the real reason." she explained, before nodding her understanding to the second issue.

"You have my thanks. The Dragons who came to this court are certainly not lacking in bravery. One eager to face down duelists' blades for fun, another eager to dive into frozen waters to hand catch his own fish. I- ...wait, what did Naohiko do?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:57 am
@ Naohiko:

Ichi would nimbly hop over the swing at her legs, landing and stepping back quickly. She moved as if to strike, but seemed to decide against it, backing off a bit further and took up a defensive posture.

Full Defense: +12 to Armor TN (roll of 24)

Shohei would speak lowly to Natsumi, whispering something aside to her that you wouldn't be able to hear.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Senzo does not respond to the conversation of face-stealing maho-tsukai behaviorism, choosing to let the subject drop.

"Well... he seemed to be rather... anticsy," Senzo would comment in response to Kaichiyo's questioning about Naohiko. "He strikes me as rather emotionally driven. For the briefest moment, I felt he was going to... what's that turn of phrase the Crab like to use? "Flip the table", I believe?... in our Shogi match. Plus I've noticed how uninhibited his gazes are towards Kioko-sama and other samurai-ko as well. Even though Otsune is married... I would prefer to keep him away from her, is all. Doubly so while he bears my grandfather's name."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:59 pm
"I shall tell him that you wished to speak with him." He'd let her leave easily. "Have a good day."

Once she had left, he'd close the door and return to what he was doing, which was sharpening and polishing his gear while idly thinking of poems. Though now, his mind turned into what a bad time it would be if Naohiko had indeed promised something to this girl and it was actually found out by someone else. If she said something, they could easily deny such claims as it's just a peasant trying to rise above their station or such. But that thought did leave a bit of a bad taste in his mouth. Then again, that did depend on if Naohiko DID make any promises and it wasn't actually some peasant trying to ensnare a samurai.

Damnit, dealing with these types of things was not part of his expertise. Should he go try to find Kaichiyo-hime? But that would mean interrupting whatever she was doing for this and who knew what that was.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 12 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 10, 5, 8, 4, 10, 4, 4, 7, 3, 10 Total: 77 (12-120)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:02 pm
The swordsman sighed mentally as the nimble Hare prepared for the Kraken's next strike. "So, if Yoritomo Shohei-san isn't following me, and is merely guarding you, Yoritomo Natsumi-san, why are you following me?" While waiting for a response, Naohiko would let out a sneezekai shout and go into full attack, making a slash at the Hare's midsection.

OOC:
Stance: Full Attack
Naohiko's Armor TN: 10
Roll 8k4 w/ 4 dice to handle explosions
Results: 25  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:50 pm
Kaichiyo winced a bit at the response, none of it entirely false but unfortunate all the same. "Hm. Well that's fair. Though he is not so bad as he might seem, most of the time. He merely... honors his Scorpion heritage more than some are comfortable with. Keeping him away from Otsune may be difficult. I have instructed him to entreat with other clans while I handle diplomacy with the Dragon personally, but... well, you know Otsune better than I. He is at least my equal in a duel, and she was able to pick me out with a look. But I will try my best to honor that request. Even if they end up dueling, I can guarantee there will be no indiscretions between the two. On that you have my word."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:15 am
@ Gendo:

As the servant girl would bow respectfully to Gendo, she would open the door and leave without another word.

Setsuna would watch as if something else had moved through the door - perhaps that flying insect that he had noticed? - before he waddled over to Gendo, looking up and panting happily at him.

End of scene!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Thank you... Kaichiyo," Senzo would say, bowing his head in gratitude. "Otsune is one of the few people who I trust with my life, and consider a genuinely good soul."

"Until our next meeting, Himura Kaichiyo."

End of scene~

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You're not so lucky, you have a bit of scene left to go.

You ask a question to the Mantis, and then do a powerful aggressive strike - but one Ichi was prepared for and easily sidestepped. She went to counterstrike, but the Mantis took this as a cue to strike up conversation.

"Natsumi wouldn't follow the likes of-" Shohei growled loudly as he began to stand, but his sister held up a hand, and he calmed and sat.

"Himura-san, shut up. Ichi, I have a question for you," Natsumi would say.

"H-hai?" Ichi would ask. Naohiko, she had stopped her swing which was about to clock you good, her bokken frozen mere inches from your skull.

"Why are you here?" Natsumi would ask flatly.

(Plainsfox indicates that Naohiko backs off and waits in full defense stance)

"I'm... I'm having a sparring..." Ichi would start to say, lowering her weapon and looking confused.

"Not in this room. In Kyuden Doji. Why are you here? You aren't a courtier, you aren't assigned to a courtier as a yojimbo, you don't even seem to have any inclination to engage in any courtier-related activities. Why are you here?"

"I... I don't... I was told to..." Ichi stammered.

Awaiting Naohiko's response  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 5, 6, 2, 9, 7, 7 Total: 55 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:01 am
"Same as all of us. Do her duty. Also, Enjoy the sights and get tacky knickknacks for her family back home." The Kraken bushi shifted forward a bit, and started to interpose himself between Natsumi and Ichi. Yes, the two Mantis were still sitting down far away, but sometimes it wasn't about distance. "It's pretty early in the day and early in Winter, too. I'll bet you guys could get the good trinkets while we're sparring away and beating each other up. Seems to me to be more productive."

OOC:

Awareness/Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice rolled to handle explosions

raises called: 1 to appeal to the merchant nature of the Yoritomo school
Results: 34-5 (Raise)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:29 am
@ Naohiko:

Counter with Awareness/Intimidation. Result: 35

"I AM NOT SPEAKING TO YOU, KRAKEN." Natsumi would say angrily, her eyes piercing his as he looked to her, doing the whole Studio Ghibli thing of her hair and clothes momentarily lifting in her moment of fury... though she calmed just as fast.

"Ichi, let me tell you why you are here. Your lord sent you here as bait. They obviously want some lonely Crane bachelor to be taken by you and your figure, and want to take you as a wife for his pleasure. That way, the Hare will get some sort of financial compensation to help their meager coffers. Jigoku, the only reason your sparring buddy is here now is because if your rack, I bet he doesn't care a single lick of your personality or your hopes and dreams and desires. All you are is a pair of breasts to him, to the Crane, and even to your own clan."

Ichi, of course, is completely mortified. She tries to speak, but cannot form the words.

"This is why I'm offering you a deal. On the Mantis Islands of Spice and Silk, we have many trade goods we bring to the empire. However, with reputation comes boredom. We don't really have any current trade arrangements with the Hare, but from my understanding, over the past century the Ujina has developed a rather unique cumin spice. I would be more than happy to negotiate a trade agreement between our clans, which will ultimately benefit your clan, and show them how useful you truly are to them. Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe some of the other clans might catch wind of this and counter-offer, making the Hare even more money."

"I... what? I don't see why... why would you...?" Ichi would start, trying to make sense of all the words being thrown at her.

"All you have to do is beat that man within an inch of his life with your bokken. Don't kill him, but only just barely. Do that for me, and the contract is as good as signed."

Ichi would throw an alarmed look to Naohiko.

Your response?  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 5, 10, 8, 7, 2, 2 Total: 53 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 am
"Hey, Ichi?" Naohiko would smile at the Hare bushi. "These two are coming to our session and they're acting like cut rate Yakuza. I'm tired of it. Do you know I spent all night practicing my jiujutsu looking forward to this session?" the Kraken would gesture with his bokken to the two siblings, first Shohei and then to Natsumi. "I'll let you have first pick. The brother or the sister. If you want Shohei, I'll keep Natsumi around so you can see if you want her as well. Or you can leave them both to me. Either way, The Kraken then scratched at his shoulder as he appraised the two Mantis again. "Finally, you COULD take them up on your offer. I wouldn't blame you and I won't fight you, if that's what you choose. I'd much rather give these two a rest from their racketeering though.

OOC:
Awareness/ Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosion
Purpose: to get Ichi to ally with him against the Mantis
Raises: None. Gaia is telling me not to raise.
Results: 38  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:30 pm
@ Naohiko:

Naohiko: 38 Courtier to get Ichi to ally with him vs the Mantis
Natsumi: 27 Courtier to get Ichi to consider the offer of trade
Ichi: 16 untrained Etiquette AAAAA WORDS

"I... I..." Ichi would stammer again, giving concerned looks back and forth between Naohiko and Natsumi. "I don't know what to do... I can't just hurt Naohiko, he's my friend..." she tried to explain.

"What, you want to fight us, Kraken-san?" Natsumi inquired, her voice piquing with curiosity, "If you engage in violence against us, anything that happens will be in self-defense. How will the Court react when they find a minor clan lashing out against a great clan because of a perceived slight? If asked, I will tell them that I came to propose a trade with Usagi-san and you simply lashed out against us, because that will be the truth. Whatever defense you come up with, your princess will be the one to suffer. It's her clan's reputation you'll be sullying with your assault. Are all Himura prone to violent outbursts, they'll ask? How can Himura Kaichiyo condone such behavior?"

She would take out a fan and begin fanning herself. "Come, if you must. Shohei, do what you have to if he comes at us, but make sure you don't kill him. We don't want the other great clans thinking we're the ones who are savages."

"I... don't know what to do..." Ichi would repeat aloud to herself, frozen.

Naohiko, are you advancing on the Mantis?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Gendo bends down and picks up Setsuna, idly rubbing the dog's head lightly. "Why do I get these odd situations? Come, let's go see if we can use the forge during these down times." And with that, he'd pick up his hammer and head to the forge to talk to whoever was in charge.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 10, 6 Total: 38 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 pm
The Kraken idiot would attempt to gauge the two Mantis clansmen as Ichi froze. He didn't move forward, and his mind raced with ways he could get at the two. He would just have to wait. Naohiko then addressed the Hare Bushi as he put away his bokken. "I know we're not sparring anymore, Ichi. I find that this room has become full of a whole bunch of hot air right now. I could go for some dango and some tea. I know a stand and a shop, whichever you'd prefer. Do you want to come with me? If you've coursed a maho-tsukai, I'm sure you've got a whole lot of tales to tell. I'd like to hear them. But ultimately, you will do what you want to, Ichi."

Naohiko would extend a hand towards the beleaguered lapin."Come, let's go, Ichi."

OOC: So ….
Awareness/Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Purpose: get Ichi to come with him
Raises called: 1 to bolster Ichi's pride.
Results: 13-5=8  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:52 pm
@ Naohiko:

Ichi gives Naohiko an emotionally strained look, and nods solemnly at his suggestion to leave.

"I understand. Not everyone has the stomach to do what it takes for the sake of their clan," Natsumi would comment as the two minor clansmen went to leave. "... or the honor to do so for the sake of another's."

Hiding her lower face behind her fan, Natsumi would add, "In case you didn't assume, the moment you walk beyond that threshold, the deal is off. My generosity has limits. When spring comes, I hope you can still hold your head high when your lord asks what you accomplished for your clan when you have to tell him 'nothing'."

Ichi freezes in place, just for a second, before continuing to follow Naohiko to the door.

Naohiko, this is your last opportunity. Are you still leaving?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out