Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
Bookworm's Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
⋞ ⤐ ᴸᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ | Bookworm's ⋞ ⤐ ᴹᵒᵒᵈ | Interested
⋞ ⤐ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃⁿʸ | Just around the customers ⋞ ⤐ᴼᵒᶜ | N/A
⋞ ⤐ ᵀʰᵉᵐᵉ | ⋞ ⤐ᴼᵘᵗᶠⁱᵗ | ⋞ ⤐ ᴮᵒᵃʳᵈ

tab tab After several stops to make sure she was going in the right direction, she finally made it to the bookshop. Glancing in the window, she saw there were some people inside. But not enough for a large crowd. Shoving her hands in her pockets, she used her shoulder to push open the door. It was a quaint little shop but it had quite a supply of books. As they say, "Looks can be deceiving". Inside, there were many variations of genres. All from manga books to biographies. She was there for one genre-specific. One genre that she didn't see many people gravitating towards. It was like a breath of fresh air and she could browse at her own leisurely pace. Not having to look around people or reach around for a book was nice. There weren't too many customers interested in murder mysteries. It was a rather dark choice of reading. Not everyone had the stomach to read it and she couldn't discredit others. While she hated girly stories and chick flicks, others thrived on it. Each with the tastes that suit them. Hers was just rather different than theirs. Her fingers traced along the bindings of the books. Maria's eyes glossing over the titles on the side. She came across a title that piqued her interest.

tab tab It was a book called "The Silent Patient" by the author, Alex Michael. Grabbing the book off the shelf, she turned it over. Silently she read the words on its back. "Hmmm..." she hummed to herself as an eyebrow raised. This one would make for a very interesting read indeed. She tucked it under her arm and continued browsing the books before her. Falling onto a book by J.K Rowling, she was sure the whole store could hear her roll her brown eyes. With the amount of controversy around that author, she wasn't interested in reading what other books she wrote. She skipped over it and continued. For a moment, she thought she had lost hope of finding another. Until her eye caught one in particular. "One of Us is Lying" by Karen McManus looked to be a rather interesting one. Again, she began to read the back of the book. Opening up the book, she ended up beginning to read it. The other book still tucked under her arm as she flipped through the pages. She knew she was there to buy more, but she couldn't quite help herself. The description on the back was too interesting to pass up. In the back of her mind, she wondered how long before an employee would have to snap her back to reality. It didn't take long until she was submersed into the words being imprinted on her mind.

tab ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
tab tab ᴼᵖᵖᵒˢⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵗʳʸⁿᵃ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ
tab tab tab ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ˢʷᵉʳᵛⁱⁿ' 'ᵗⁱˡ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵈᵒⁿᵉ
tab tab tab tab ᵂᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃˢ ᵘⁿᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵉᵐᵖᵗʸ
tab tab tab tab tab ᴬˡˡ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵇ*ᵗᶜʰᵉˢ ᵗʳʸⁿᵃ ᶠʳᵒⁿᵗ
tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴬˡˡ ᵐʸ ᵉˣᵉˢ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴵ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶠ**ᵏⁱⁿ' ʰᵃᵗᵉ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴵ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶠ**ᵏⁱⁿ' ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵃᶜᶜᵉᵖᵗ ᵐᵉ

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
Weapon: A sword specially designed for him called the Shadowpact
Housing: 1313 Ombre Housing District
Profile: Mikazuchi's Information

"Always keep a vigilant eye..."

◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆
★▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Mikazuchi was walking along the street with a pretty bored expression on his face. He had ended up finishing the errands he needed to do a lot faster than expected so now he's left with a whole day to himself. However, there really isn't anywhere in particular he wants to go to or feel like going to off the top of his head. This was a problem for him. "Man, there needs to be more excitement around this place. Maybe I should of taken my time with my errands. Not like I was in any kind of hurry anyway..." He continued to walk around aimlessly, passing through crowds of people that went on their daily business.

At some point, he had reached Bookworm's and then a thought came to his mind. "Hmm I have been trying to find that one book lately. Maybe they'll finally have it in?" He had been searching for a rather popular book that had been in circulation for a while now but every time he looked, the bookstore was always out of stock. He thought that today could have been his lucky day. He then stepped into the bookstore and headed down towards the aisle where the book he had been searching for was. As he did so, he noticed that a girl had been standing in front of the area where it would have been. "Excuse me, Miss. Mind if I can check the shelves in front of you for a moment?" She seemed like the type to get really absorbed in books and he didn't feel like waiting until she was done.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀★

"...for the darkness creeping up on you"

Party: Mikazuchi
Personal thoughts (OOC):

Cosmic Sinn

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
⋞ ⤐ ᴸᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ | Bookworm's ⋞ ⤐ ᴹᵒᵒᵈ | Interested
⋞ ⤐ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃⁿʸ | A Man with violet hair ⋞ ⤐ᴼᵒᶜ | N/A
⋞ ⤐ ᵀʰᵉᵐᵉ | ⋞ ⤐ᴼᵘᵗᶠⁱᵗ | ⋞ ⤐ ᴮᵒᵃʳᵈ

tab tab Her eyes quickly skimmed through the pages. This one was one that would be added to her collection. What felt like a few minutes was much longer than that in reality. For her time reading in the mystery section, someone had also made their way there. If they hadn't said anything, she probably would not have even noticed they were there. A male voice spoke from before her. "Excuse me, Miss. Mind if I can check the shelves in front of you for a moment?", he addressed her. Maria glanced up from the pages in her hands. The man was only a bit taller than her. His violet hair scruffy, but fit his face perfectly. Even his eyes matched the color of his hair. But the longer she looked at him, the more she could sense pain from within him. Almost like a voice calling out, desperate to speak to him one last time. She didn't know what his relationship was to the voice, but she wasn't going to pry. This man was a stranger, and it would be rather odd to bring it up. So for now, she would have to try to drown it out. Closing the book in her hands, she stepped to the side from where he was trying to go. "My apologies. I got caught up in this, didn't even realize I was in the way," she said to him. Though she was rather intrigued that another individual was in her favorite book genre. There weren't many people that stepped down the aisle she felt comfortable in.

tab tab Looking down at the book, she had thought to herself. Since there weren't too many people in the mystery section and someone was looking for a book here, she may as well give him a suggestion. Making sure there was no contact, she held the edge of the book to him. "Well, from what I read, this is pretty good. I've already the book I was looking for. Maybe this one would be an interesting read as well. Given the type of section, you're in after all. Don't see too many people here. Glad to see someone else has an interest in this type of stuff." She went to open her mouth once more but quickly shut it. "Sorry, you're here to look for something specific. The book offer is still there if you'll accept it." She placed the book she was reading onto the shelf above where she had taken it. It might've been a bit much to start springing conversation on someone who probably couldn't care less about what she had to say. That, she had to respect, she would probably be the same way if she was in his shoes.

tab ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
tab tab ᴼᵖᵖᵒˢⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵗʳʸⁿᵃ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ
tab tab tab ᴵ'ᵐ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ˢʷᵉʳᵛⁱⁿ' 'ᵗⁱˡ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵈᵒⁿᵉ
tab tab tab tab ᵂᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃˢ ᵘⁿᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵉᵐᵖᵗʸ
tab tab tab tab tab ᴬˡˡ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵇ*ᵗᶜʰᵉˢ ᵗʳʸⁿᵃ ᶠʳᵒⁿᵗ
tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴬˡˡ ᵐʸ ᵉˣᵉˢ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴵ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶠ**ᵏⁱⁿ' ʰᵃᵗᵉ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ᴵ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶠ**ᵏⁱⁿ' ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵃᶜᶜᵉᵖᵗ ᵐᵉ

xXGhostStalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:25 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Weapon: A sword specially designed for him called the Shadowpact
Housing: 1313 Ombre Housing District
Profile: Mikazuchi's Information

"Always keep a vigilant eye..."

★▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Mikazuchi could sense that this girl had a very strange but unique aura to her. She definitely didn't seem to be the average person. She may look just like another person but there was something about her that caught his interest. What that interest was though was unknown to him and so he wasn't going to pursue the glint of interest. She did, however, seem to have the same kind of interests in book genres though. He then took a moment to glance over the title. In doing so, he had remembered some conversations he had overheard when he was last in here. He had heard people talk about this book although it wasn't the one he was looking for in particular. "Hmm...seems to be an interesting read. I'll think about it. Might be a good replacement in case I can't find the one I'm looking for." He then looked through the shelves, looking for the one he was looking for. However, when he got to the section that would have them, they didn't have any which caused him to sigh heavily. "Struck out again, huh? Might be better just to order it online than hope this place will have it in stock." He scratched the back of his head and reached for the book that the girl had put back. "Well, I can settle for this at least." He then skimmed through some of the pages and to his surprise, it was pretty interesting. "You have some pretty good tastes. It's not often I come in here and see someone reading into a book in this section so intently."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀★

"...for the darkness creeping up on you"

Party: Mikazuchi
Personal thoughts (OOC):

Cosmic Sinn

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

Rizu The Fire Dancer

Desirable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:36 pm
User Image

~ ~

Aris smiled warmly to herself following the trail of books until she came across a familiar sensation. Harsh raised bumps greeted her fingers and a small shiver of excitement passed down her spine. “yes! “ stopping and turning to the shelves she felt the bindings reading the titles with her fingers. Romance... horror... science fiction... fantasy. Her fingers paused on a fantasy title and she smiled pulling it from the shelf. Opening the book she let her fingers trail over the words on the first page. She read slow, a little rusty at the task at hand. Softly murmuring to herself as she went she began to read the first chapter. “The magicians... by lev gross man...”

Aris quickly became lost in the pages when the sound of the bell tinkling pulled her for the rather dry novel. Her head snapped up and her fingers stopped moving. She held her breath her heart picking up to a panicked pace. he can not find you here... there is no way... he is leagues away... the though was meant to reassure her but it failed. Carefully she pushed the book back to where it was supposed to go and she prepared to leave. The sound of a woman humming started and she let free a soft sigh. Once the store went quite again she shook her head inwardly scolding herself for such a silly fear. either way.. that’s enough books for today... book store is the first thing you came across.. no need to waste the day on just this.
Aris turned and began retracing her steps back she made her way back down the row of books. When the bell tinkled again she froze once more. She waited for what seemed an eternity when the male that walked in began speaking to who she assumed was the woman who had been humming. Once she thought they were in a deep enough conversation she quietly made her way to the door being sure to stop the bell from making noise until she had left.

͙˚*  *˚͙

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:41 pm
x
x
x
x
тυєsםαч, иσvємвєя ⑳тн

םαч ② σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④0⑧
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑫ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Porcelain_Nitemare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 pm
User Image
¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•..>> ᴱᴸᴵᶻᴼᵀᴬ tab ᵂᴵᴺᶜᴴᴱˢᵀᴱᴿ <<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤
"E͙l͙i͙"

tab ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒》❆《‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

Elizota still had a few bumps and bruises, but she was mostly healed up from her ordeal. Her encounter with John still lingered in her mind, but she had yet to take him up on the offer to work for him. Though--she was starting to get strapped for cash. She still didn't have a place to complete glass blowing or metal work on the island, and she never was much of a drawing artist. She could sketch and doodle some, but her true creations came from glass or metal...or baking.

Once more, Elizota had fallen into her slightly reclusive lifestyle from her previous life. She still wasn't great at making friends, and keeping them she had no idea how that worked. She'd only met a handful of people in her short time here in Soleil anyways. Stumbling upon the Bookworm was a god-send. She could go and find herself immersed in the rows upon rows of reading material. Even if she didn't necessarily 'buy' anything, she was a fast reader.

As she scanned the bookshelves, she came across a book by Haruki Murakami that caught her eye. It was called 1Q84. Flipping the book over, she read the quick description provided.

The year is 1984 and the city is Tokyo.

A young woman named Aomame follows a taxi driver’s enigmatic suggestion and begins to notice puzzling discrepancies in the world around her. She has entered, she realizes, a parallel existence, which she calls 1Q84 “Q is for ‘question mark.’ A world that bears a question.” Meanwhile, an aspiring writer named Tengo takes on a suspect ghostwriting project. He becomes so wrapped up with the work and its unusual author that, soon, his previously placid life begins to come unraveled.

As Aomame’s and Tengo’s narratives converge over the course of this single year, we learn of the profound and tangled connections that bind them ever closer: a beautiful, dyslexic teenage girl with a unique vision; a mysterious religious cult that instigated a shoot-out with the metropolitan police; a reclusive, wealthy dowager who runs a shelter for abused women; a hideously ugly private investigator; a mild-mannered yet ruthlessly efficient bodyguard; and a peculiarly insistent television-fee collector.

A love story, a mystery, a fantasy, a novel of self-discovery, a dystopia to rival George Orwell’s 1Q84 is Haruki Murakami’s most ambitious undertaking yet: an instant best seller in his native Japan, and a tremendous feat of imagination from one of our most revered contemporary writers.

Hunkering down on the ground, she adjusted her glasses and opened to the first page. The worries of her day were quickly overtaken as she immersed herself into the book in her hands. Trying desperately to escape reality.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒》❆《‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

Company: [alone]
Clothing: [sweater weather for her]
OOC: [Yes that is an actual book and that is a summary i found smile I've actually read the book lol took me a while because I am NOT a fast reader lol]

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:09 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, иσvємвєя ②④тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④①②
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑯ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:14 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Bookworm's | Company : No one of note | Mood : Excited and focused | OOC : --

To say that he is excited, is a strong understatement. The man is beaming at any customer who walks in, greeting them and asking if they needed any help finding something. He tries his best to not be overly bubbly as he does so, being approachable without being annoying. Sometimes being an incubus helped in terms of luring in customers. Because he certainly did have a bit of a crowd when opening up the store this morning. Juggling his warm coffee and the books in his arms to quickly get inside and get things opened was a little bit of a challenge, but he managed! "Great start to the day." He murmurs with a pleased sigh as he stocks some of the new books they got in on the shelves. It was a good thing that the day prior, he had come by to get a run down of how the store was situated. Otherwise he might have panicked a little bit more than he actually did.

He is stopped a few times during his stocking attempts for help, but is otherwise undisturbed unless he has to check someone out. Any free time he gets it dedicated to learning the system in the store's office, making sure he remembers all the instructions he was given to put in the counts for the store at the end of the sale day. It has been a little while since he has run a store on his own, but he is pretty sure he has the hang of it already. Helping out Mittchan was a lot more beneficial than he thought!

And now he is back to stocking books, reading the quick synapsis on the back of some to see if he is interested in what it is about, or marveling at the art the comics have. He probably browses the horror section the least, trying not to be too creeped out when he reads the back of a particularly scary looking book. Grown men don't jump and nearly scream in surprise when startled by old women okay? He totally did not do that.........NOT AT ALL. He probably should be reading less of the summaries and stocking them more, but he can't help but browse as he works on it, not really feeling much pressure since the rush he had this morning seems to have fizzed out a little over time.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 am
tiny14xx2

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
My Card My Voice My Residence: Bookworm's My Occupation: Cashier at Bookworm's
========================

He had gotten a cheap little phone yesterday, which some may have balked at, but it was the first major frivolous purchase he had made in ages. Yes, frivolous for though it could be used to get in contact with people in case of emergency, it was not a need and therefore his survivalist mind classified it as extra. Because he now had a phone and he had let work know they could reach him on it, he had been informed this morning that there was a new manager and his first real day was today. Generally speaking employees didn’t like staying around if they are just thrown into the fray alone immediately, so Erik had agreed to come in and help out. Normally he would have been there first thing, but contact hadn’t been made until a little after the store opened and it was technically his day off (but man did he go strong for that overtime). He quickly changed into black skinny jeans with a checkered black and white belt, black boots, and a wheat yellow ¾ sleeve button up shirt with deep crimson lining. It was good enough for work, alright? And given he didn’t have a set time he needed to get there (just count up your hours, they said) so he actually took his time making breakfast and packing a legit lunch. Well, when it came to food “he” definitely meant he and his roommate/landlord who seemed to absolutely love cooking. Erik didn’t give a damn about cooking but was always open to trying anything, so they made for a good pair. Finally, after everything was done, he hit up the nearest bus stop and made his way down to the shopping district and thus to work.

Upon arriving he took a moment to head behind the store and get one last cigarette in before he was sequestered inside all day. Coming in through the employee's only entrance (ie the back door) he unintentionally stealthily made his way to the main room. Looked like the boss was enjoying his time in the horror section. ”I can smell fear on him,” Kro whispered to Erik, ”shall I?” They were alone in the building, no customers at the moment. The responsible thing would have been for Erik to calmly introduce himself in a way that wouldn’t spook the boss, but where was the fun in that? Nope, instead Erik nodded his consent and Kro rose into the air. Kro flew behind the long-haired man, getting into a position that wouldn’t betray Erik, then swooped. Right as he was only a few feet from the man he let out a loud eerie caw and buzzed by not even a foot in front of his face. Rising from the swoop, he perched himself on top of a shelf, stared straight into the man’s eyes, then coldly said ”Nevermore.”

========================
Gang: Kro and new guy Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Mischievous Observing Other Corvids: Why does Erik’s fc have to have such weird fashion...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:05 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Bookworm's | Company : Rude bird and random guy | Mood : Agitated and concerned | OOC : Translation: "His bird?"

While he could deny deny deny the jump he did when the lady scared him, he couldn't deny him nearly throwing the books in his hand when he got suddenly scared by a bird. At least he could say this time he wasn't scaredycat of the books, but because of the fact that a bird nearly smacked into his face. A bird that apparently talks and quotes Poe. "I think you have that confused Mr. Bird. It's "quoth THE RAVEN "Nevermore." You are the wrong kind of bird Mr. Swoopsatpeople." He huffs as he leans down to pick up the books that went flying out of his grasp before putting them away and resting his hands on his hips. "So what is the big idea? This is a bookstore, not a zoo. I will toss your feathery booty out if you try to peck at customers! Don't test me!" As the new manager, he is putting his foot firmly down on this one and not taking anyone's funny business.

Sighing, he attempts to continue working the section, because he is talking to an animal here. But he pauses as he catches sight of someone else. "Kare no tori?" He murmurs to himself before he is rashly settling down the books he reached for to walk towards the man. "Is this your bird? You really shouldn't bring him into the store if he will fly at customers. It's not safe and against some kind of regulationI am sure If you cannot keep him under control, I may have to ask you to leave."

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:54 pm
tiny14xx2

User Image

========================

Well that worked just as well as Erik had hoped. Even better was the sass coming from the new manager to Kro, which would probably look crazy to anyone who didn’t know the bird. For real, the guy sounded like somebody’s mother telling her kid not to do something or else he’s gonna have to pick his own branch. Also, “Mr. Swoopsatpeople?” the hell? That was bloody hilarious. He really couldn’t help but snicker from his perch at the employee’s entrance. Attempting to stop laughing as he addressed Mama Manager, he attempted to placate the man. ”Relax, we’ve been working here for months now no problem. People actually like him. Knew you were the new guy so just messing with you.” He gave a slight nod to Kro who gently flew back to him, landing on Erik’s right shoulder where he was supposed to be. ”His name is Krotak, Kro for short, but no he is actually a raven so the quote was apropos. I’m Erik, the one they sent to help you get used to the place.” Though perhaps that jump scare was more like an introduction to Soleil in general. Some of the people you met were totally sweet, others were talking about hunting down elves for their sweet blood. s**t was crazy here. ”As for regulation, California state law mandates reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. Such accommodations may include the use of a service dog, psychiatric service dog, or an emotional support animal. Only if serious doubts about the legitimacy of his role arise, then I have to have some form of documentation stating the exact nature of my predicament and the recommendation of an emotional support animal. Which I have, by the by.” Said documentation was definitely legit and totally not forged by an older guy he knew who was an ace at forgery. Thoroughly convinced he had thrown enough legality out there just in case the whole “just messing with the new guy” defense didn’t fly, he resumed a pleasantly indifferent look. ”Would you prefer we just pretend none of this happened and introduce ourselves anew?” That seemed a gentlemanly approach, didn’t it?

========================
Gang: Kro and Fussypants Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: This took longer than I thought cause I had to look up California’s laws about service and emotional support animals.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:55 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

THEMESONGHIS VOICE
User Image

WHERE: Bookworm's│WITH: None│THOUGHTS: "Hmmm"│R-STATUS: In a relationship│Outfit: This. Except the sunglasses│

XXXXXXXXXXX go and put the lights out XXXXXXXXXXX≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎XXXXXXX we'll keep fighting on and on until we BLACKOUT XXXXX

Back at Soleil Police Station, hours ago.

A voiceover from one of the Detectives could be heard as he was shuffling through the photographs of the crime scene.
                                        "Another day, another investigation. There are dead bodies again Downtown. The locals said that they woke up and that there was a thunderstorm. It was actually a gunfight. It happened early in the morning, they said."

Photo after photo, the man kept talking until his focus panned towards the rest of the officers who were there. They seem to be inside a conference room. Aaron is also there, listening silently, gathering any data and theories running inside his mind. He furrowed his brows and muttered in silence as he pressed his lips on his clasping hand and a pen can be seen, sitting on top of his right ear and a small notebook by his lap while the detective voice who continues to relay the details of the investigation is now inaudible.
                                        "Just as I thought. This is some kind of mob war. Is it even a good idea to share the investigation with the rest of us here? --What if we have a mole on our team? Dealing with these cases is too dangerous to even stick our noses to it. I think I would rather hunt demons like old times rather than dealing with mobsters."

Aaron would then look at the rest of the officers who were there, eyeing them with suspicion and doubt. And then the voice of the detective from earlier would go audible again.

--So far. There are no civilian casualties. Most who are killed thus far are people with criminal records. While the others are still to be identified. Their faces are so destroyed that it's hard to even recognize their identities. What killed these people is probably a dangerous and well-organized criminal organization. ---

The scene would then end as an aerial view would take place, featuring the cityscapes of Soleil City itself.

Present Time

"I wonder if I could give FAA a book for her to read on? I don't want her to feel bored. Something new for her would be perfect. --like.. would Romance be alright?" Aaron gave a chuckle at his last question. It's kind of 'rare' for a robot to take interest in romance. But nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt the robot, right? He believes that FAA is a smart entity. He almost thinks that it is not a robot, but a person -- a soul trapped in a metal sphere.

He went by the aisle where the genre of Romance could be located. Scanning the covers, and thought of something simple and not too dramatic for the emotional FAA. -----
                                        And while he was looking for the perfect book, Aaron reached on the healed wound by his neck. It's healed but it still feels sore. This was Coralyn's bite, back to what happened weeks ago.

"Gosh.. this year's Halloween was a nightmare." He said it out loud, but not too loud. Only the people about 4-6 meters away from where he stood could hear him. ------

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Yummy Galaxxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Bookworm's | Company : Erik and Kro | Mood : Agitated | OOC : --

Heisuke looks unamused with his arms crossed over his chest and one of his silver eyebrows raised. "Don't you think it is a little risky to sick your bird on the new manager, even for a joke? If I was the spiteful kind, you wouldn't have a job anymore." Heisuke isn’t the type to do that, so the guy got really lucky. However, it could have been a completely different story with how his muscles randomly decide not to work for him. If they had gone out on him when the bird swooped, that is his head bashing into a shelf. Not a great first day. "Also, kind of important for me to warn you, I am a recovering cancer patient still going through physical therapy to rebuild muscle strength. So things like that could end a lot more bloody if my legs give out on me when you decide to prank me. It's not funny." He isn’t sure why this guy thought it was wise to prank the boss with a raven that is supposed to be a service animal either.

"You don’t make great first impressions, Erik." The man sighs as he uncrosses his arms, deciding that being petty about it isn’t going to make a difference. Better to just let it go and have a pleasant atmosphere and not one that is super tense and unbearable. "I am Akiyama Heisuke. You can just call me Heisuke." Hei-chan was for the nice people and this guy totally lost the privilege! "I am willing to let it go, but no, we will not be pretending it never happened. Use your bird for its intended purpose, not for scaring people who could hurt themselves. This is your first verbal warning!" Sometimes it can be hard to take Heisuke seriously when he gets sassy and puts his hands on his hips like he has to prove it.

He glances back when hearing more customers arrive, before turning to look back at Erik seriously. "There are people in here now. No more funny business."

Katze Allemon-Schatten

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:43 pm
tiny14xx2

User Image

========================

Welp, now he was going to get fired either at the end of the day or maybe the boss would be merciful and let him finish out the week. Not that Erik was particularly surprised, he was a born failure and things had been looking just too rosy of late. But it wouldn’t be too bad, if he sold all of the non-essentials he had bought and pooled all of his resources he could probably make a few more rent payments which should be enough time for him to find another job. ”Look, I didn’t realize it would cause harm and I really am sorry.” Not that it was going to do any good, but at least he had tried. And as far as reprimanding went, this was probably one of the least harsh ones he had experienced, so then why did it make him feel worse? ”Yes sir,” he replied after being instructed not to indulge in any more funny business. Two people came in at roughly the same time: a man who bee-lined for a particular section and an old woman who seemed to be a trifle lost. ”Can I help you, ma’am?” he asked as he approached from within her peripheral vision. Boy knew how much it sucked when someone started talking at you from a blind spot. ”Oh why yes dear, I’m looking for a gift for my granddaughter,” and before she said anything more she pulled out a wallet-sized photo album chock full of pictures of her grandkids. Flipping through it, she commented on most every photo that passed until she finally got to a recent one of the girl in question. The girl looked to be mid to late teens and bore the customary look of disdain and rebellion that teens innately had. She wore her hair in an undercut, jet black except for the tips which were bright pink, had thick black eyeliner on, and he thought she was wearing a popular MMORPG t-shirt. ”She broke her arm so she can’t get online and play her games with her little friends. Her birthday is coming soon and I was hoping to find a book, which she can still read with one arm, to help her pass the time.” Erik smiled, ”ma’am, I believe I know just the book. But there are other contenders back there, just in case, so if you’ll follow me.” He made to walk slow enough that she could follow easily, but fast enough that it didn’t seem like he was making a deal out of it. Without paying the shelf much mind, he plucked up a fairly thick book and held it out for the customer. ”I read a bit of it the other day. It’s a real page turner, and with her love of gaming, I definitely think she would be in to the whole normal person gets stuck in a video game genre.” The woman still read the synopsis on the back, but after a moment she nodded, ”Awaken Online, that sounds about right. Thank you young man.” He wasn’t one hundred percent sure what the boss was up to, but if he was busy elsewhere Erik could ring her up easy enough.

========================
Gang: Boss, Kro, some guy, some old lady Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Well s**t Observing Other Corvids: Let me know if I need to add stuff. Didn’t want to intrude on you Shem.

☼ Cerise Shopping District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff