Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 2, 8 Total: 28 (4-40)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:48 pm
<4k4 Armour lore inb4 failure through typicality, These things always love to prove me wrong 28 vs tn ?>
"A samurai's Kabuto (Helmet) typically consists of from eight to a dozen plates all fixed together with cone shaped bolts. A samurai's helmet would display the samurai's rank and his group or clan, and often be very elaborate and decorative looking. As many samurai have long hair, their ponytails can protrude through the tehen, a gap left in the centre of the helmets crown." Stated Kagae starting to get bored with the amount he had to tell.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro spent the next hour or so running through various weapon drills and the like. After a while, Kojiro approached the time where he thought the trivia contest may be ending. Chances were strong that Maru did well, so Kojiro thought. Hopefully, the shugenja didn't pick up another rival. If that happened, Kojiro didn't think he could spare anyone Maru's wrath. Not after how today went.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 5, 10 Total: 27 (4-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:15 am
"We all know Matsu, who founded the Matsu family. She was hot-headed and arrogant; possibly THE most hot-headed and arrogant person in Rokugan. We know of her accomplishments whilst in the Lion Clan, and how she sacrificed herself in the battle against Fu Leng for Rokugan's sake. But, before she was the Matsu we all know, she was actually a bandit in a Tribe called Tribe of Noriaki. She stole and slaughtered, before she found out that mindless and needless slaughter and torment isn't the way to live, so she secluded herself in a small village, teaching weapons defense to the villagers. It was Akodo that finally taught her the meaning of honor."

[[Lore: History roll, 4k3+1, keeping all dice instead of exploding that 10, if possible.]]

[result: 28]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:42 pm
@ Lore Competition:

All Armor Lore skills are now TN 10!

After Seichiro would finish his lore, Doji Kita would interrupt. "As interesting of a fact as that is, Seichiro-san, we have little evidence from that era, prior to the fall of the Kami to Seppun Hill. A lot of it is speculation, and speculation, as entertaining as it makes itself out to be in such a competition, does not belong in a lore exchange. However, you put up an admirable fight, and your efforts will be recognized."

Seichiro failed to reach the History TN of 30, and is disqualified!

Kan would seem disappointed at Seichiro's departure, but would turn to face Kagae. "Many monk temples teach different aspects of faith in Rokugani culture. Some, such as the branch I hail from - the Order of the Four Temples - as well as the Order of the Shrine of the Seven Thunders, are dedicated taoists. We all strive to better understand Shinsei's words, to reach enlightenment as the little monk had done so very long ago. The Four Temples monks tend to be exploratory, choosing to understand their texts by applying their lessons in real-world scenarios. Seven Thunder monks are more solitary and introspective, but they do leave the walls of their temple periodically to seek out a new viewpoint to tackle the Tao, before they return to their studies once more after their brief pilgrimage." {Theology (Shintao) roll of 44 vs TN 25}

All Theology rolls are now TN 30!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At this point, its a question of endurance for the two remaining loremasters. Kan will take as many turns as it takes for him to time out, and if Kagae can outlast him, Kagae wins. We can skip the formalities and go with pure rolling at this point.

Round 9: Void Spent, Theology of 25 vs TN 30
Round 10:
Round 11:
Round 12:
Round 13:
Round 14:
Round 15:

Well, that was somewhat anticlimatic. If Kagae makes his next Lore check, Kan fails his, and Kagae wins!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 10, 1 Total: 15 (4-40)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:28 pm
<4k4 Know the shcool: Crab clan Kaiu Emphasis Pass biggrin >

"I'll probably be saying something any respected scholar knows but I will say it anyway it is about the founding of the Kaiu family. In 43 when Hida first began his search for followers, Kaiu stepped forward with Hiruma and Kuni. To prove themselves they had to enter the Shadowlands and kill Oni no Hatsu Suru, a guardian left behind by Fu Leng. Kaiu's part in the fight with the oni was crafting the weapon Chikara which was wielded by Hiruma and later became the Ancestral Weapon of the Crab Clan. Kaiu was badly wounded by Hatsu Suru in the fight protecting Kuni, but survived. Afterwards Kaiu's reward was permission to found his own family and granted the honor of coordinating the defense against the Shadowlands. He was a blacksmith and forged the weapons used against the Shadowlands" Kagae looked around the room after he had finished and finally noticed that only he and Kan were left. A blank expression grew across his face.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Rain Yupa
Investigation result: Maru is probably not as sincere about Kenichi as she makes herself out to be.

Maru would pout at the harsh words thrown in her direction, but rather than respond to her, she would look(?) up at the taller Kenichi. "Do you hear the mean things she's saying about me, Kenichi-kun? The nerve of some people, speaking down to others like that..." Wrapping herself around his right arm, hugging it close to her chest, she would once more return her gaze(?) to Kyumi.

"Personally, Kenichi-kun, you could use a woman who isn't quite so bossy. One that is more keen on making a man happy instead. Doesn't that sound so much more enticing?" she would ask, accentuating her final word nigh seductively.

"I... I... I..." was all Kenichi was able to say in response.

"Wouldn't you rather come over to my tent, Kenichi-kun? And we can discuss samurai matters, like real civilized folk?"

((Soshi Maru's 6k3 seduction vs Asahina Kenichi's 5k3 etiquette = 23 vs 26))

"Well... uh... you see... Kyumi-san talked to me first, and... I wanted to..."

Kyumi's Etiqutte roll allowed Kenichi to negate (some of) his Coward penalty to allow him a roll to resist, which was successful!

... which was not what Maru apparently wanted to hear, as she suddenly pulled him close, pressing her lips to his suddenly to silence any further talk from him.

For a moment, she was shocked by Maru's response. That had... definitely not been what she'd expected. Any pleasure that she would have gotten from Kenichi's refusal of Maru had been overtaken by Maru's kiss. It took her a second to actually respond.

"YOU-!" She would snarl angrily as she tried to wrench Maru away from Kenichi so that she could slap the other woman hard across the face.

((Rolling Agility, since Kyumi isn't trained in Jiujutsu; 2k2 = 12 vs TN 15; No Exploding allowed))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:07 pm
@ Lore Competition Finale:

After Kagae's latest bit, Kan would smile broadly at the young Crab. "Though my time here is vastly greater than yours, your mind appears to be as well versed as the libraries of the Asako, or the orations of the Ikoma. I concede to you, Kaiu Kagae." Kan would stand, and bow deeply before the Crab, and by the time he stood, Doji Kita was clapping.

"Well done, both of you. Well done indeed. I an impressed at the vastness of facts and lore that was shared here today, especially by the two of you. You have honored each other, your ancestors, and me. Kagae-san, congratulations on the well-earned victory this night!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kaiu Kagae - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Lore Competition. 1 point of Glory for winning the Lore Competition. 1 point of Status for showing yourself as a member of the intellectual elite of this next generation.
Kitsu Kyumi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Lore Competition. 1 point of Status for showing yourself as a member of the intellectual elite of this next generation.
Matsu Seichiro - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Lore Competition. 1 point of Status for showing yourself as a member of the intellectual elite of this next generation.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.

((XP expenditures will not take effect until the following morning))  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:14 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

((Dice are in my car, which is currently being snowed in, so imma use the roller too!))

As Kyumi would yank Maru off of Kenichi, she would attempt to smack her across the face. Maru pulled back enough, however, where it turned into a light scratch with her fingertips, rather than a full-on blow.

"How dare you, you pitiable child!" Soshi Maru would respond, making a dive at Kyumi.

She would grab at the Kitsu's kimono, as the two women would begin to tear into each other. However, this would be interrupted quite suddenly... as Soshi Maru was yanked away and pinned against the nearest wall with a hand at her throat by Kenichi. {Void for 1 rank in Jiujutsu, 2 raises to Guard Kyumi, 34 vs TN 15+10} The force of the sudden and unexpected impact would momentarily stun Maru, her eye veil even partially knocked aside, revealing one of her large, dark eyes.

"Leave," he said to her coldly, sternly. "Don't ever cross my path again. And don't you dare lay a finger on Kyumi-san ever again."

From over Kenichi's shoulder, Kyumi would be able to see the completely flabbergasted look on Maru's face, a dumbfounded look from being completely blindsided by this.

"RrrrrrRRR!" she growled, as she suddenly pulled herself away from his grasp, and went to leave, pulling tight the front of her kimono as she did so.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 10 Total: 28 (3-30)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:18 pm
Bishi bushi intervention?  
Rain Yupa rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 1, 10 Total: 24 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:19 pm
Explosinations!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:42 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro debated running and hiding, given the look on Maru's face and her body language. However, that would solve nothing and he'd wind up having to face her anyways.

Kojiro would reach Maru and walk along side her, back to the tent. "What happened?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:46 pm
@Lore competition
"I-It was an honour to share my knowledge with you. I spend quite a while in the Kaiu library and never thought that it would come to this much of a use." Replied Kagae standing and bowing to both of them before continuing, "But I will take my leave now good day to both of you."

Kagae would leave the room in which the lore competition is being held and if he is undisturbed would make his way back to the Crab tent noticeably more ragged than last night. He would set about making himself some tea to drink while he maintained his weapons and armour.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Kuni Kaori would be at the tent, though Hida Hogai would not be found there. She, as before, was still working on patching up the tent. All in all, she appeared to be halfway done.

Kagae, do me a favor, and give me a Perception/Craft: Tailoring (Sewing) roll.

"Can I help you?" Kaori would ask lowly, gritting her teeth as she watched the Kaiu walk on in casually.  
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 2 Total: 18 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:08 pm
"Ummm... No... I'm just returning to the tent to make myself some tea while I maintain some of my items... Would you like some?" Asked Kagae as he glanced about the tent assessing Kaori's handiwork while sitting down as he begun the process of taking his armour off.

(18 perception result.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:14 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:
Kyumi found herself blinking with surprise. She had been about ready to try to fight Maru off when Kenichi had intervened. While the fact that he had done so on her behalf had pleased her, she hadn't been expecting it. The anger that she had felt towards Maru had left her as quickly as the woman herself had left the scene.

"Kenichi-san..." Kyumi started to speak, and quickly found herself feeling a little embarrassed. She could feel her cheeks slowly turning almost as bright red as her hair.

"Thank you." She found herself feeling a little out of place now. She hesitantly asked, "Would you still like to come with me? I... I would understand if you changed your mind..." Kyumi would say this last sentence, unable to look at him.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games