Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm
"Well... I guess it's my turn to to correct you, Naohiko-san. Or rather, clarify something. The theater that Doji-hime had reserved for us is still open. And while yes, they have the theaters you mentioned, not all of them are open. Turns out, many people don't like to travel in the cold and then sit there for an hour or two and get colder still," Morito Denbe would explain. "Truthfully, its more common to have troupes visit the castle and perform there in the wintertime, especially the further north you go. There are some who prefer to go out to get a change of environment, so there are some theaters that remain open all year long, but they are few and far between."

He would smile with a hint of embarrassment. "Sorry, I'm not sure what it's like in the Colonies. I hear it is much warmer there, so you probably have a much more active winter life than we do here. Honestly, we just kind of... wait."

Taking a moment to pause, Denbe would then continue. "If you're worried about the cold, either a teahouse or a bathhouse would probably be your best bet. They have several sento which cater to those seeking a hot bath in this cold temperature, and a nice hot cup of tea would probably do you well too."

@ Gendo:

With a 5, you can tell that Kaichiyo does not have any obvious extreme injuries, like severed limbs and such. If she has any injuries besides that, she's covering it up too well for you to notice.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm
The Kraken bushi closed his eyes for a second as he pondered things. "So, would the most ideal solution be to watch the play that Doji-hime intended to have here? Or are there any plays you two wish to see?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:33 pm
"Well, it's not so different, but for the opposite reason. The equivalent to your Winter Courts is our Summer Court, where we conduct courtly activities in the coolest parts of the castles when it would be too hot to work or fight. Waiting, as you put it, for the weather to be more agreeable. How fun is it that, too hot or cold, water is the solution to both? Or in yesterday's case, the danger in both." she responded with a dramatic, grinning shrug. "That's most of the Colonies, anyway. Megumi Tenpi is agreeable year round, besides the occasional summer storm."

"Hm. Well if you have your heart set on the play, far be it from me to deny you."
she concluded, mostly to Naohiko. "Or at the very least see if the actors are still interested in performing, with so much of their audience absent. If not, I would love to find one of those sento."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 pm
Denbe would half-smile at Naohiko. "Nah, this play is at a theater, rather than here in the castle. Or, was. Sorry for the confusion." Denbe would bow his head to emulate his apology. "But it sounds like you all would want to go, and I do know where the theater it was being held at is located, so Izo and I would be delighted to show everyone the way there."

Assuming at this point, there would be no dancing around the issue, so the Kraken, Ox, and Hare would be able to head out of the castle into the city streets without incident. Izo would wiffwaff between playful bounding and obedient walking, while Setsuna would, if not carried, walk seemingly obediently in pace with Gendo, looking up at him the entire time, as he is apt to do.

While walking, Ichi would near Kaichiyo's side, tugging gently on the sleeve of her kimono while slowing her own pace, allowing the boys to pull ahead while they conversed.

As a point of reference, Ichi is wearing the same style kimono that you first encountered her in, which had shorter sleeves and ended about mid-thigh (not by design, but rather, if the fabric was simply sheered off at that point). She didn't seem particularly bothered with the amount of leg she was exposing in this weather, as well as seemed to fail to notice looks it garnered her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 am
Gendo would let Setsuna walk, keeping the dog between him and Izo. Otherwise, he'd just keep quiet during the talking, keeping behind the main group, which would let him keep an eye on Kaichiyo and appreciate Ichi's choice of clothing. Well, until they started slowing, in which he would pass so that they could have some privacy to talk, but still close enough to interfere if need be.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 5, 7, 3, 8, 3 Total: 33 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 pm
Naohiko would walk in the middle of the procession, his hand tucked in his obi near his wakazashi (or katana if we've brought them.) He would be attent, like a good yojimbo and busy ignoring anything Ichi and Kaichiyo were talking about in favor of trying to keep track of potential threats to Kaichiyo and the Mantis that was following him. If it were a threat to Chiyo-chan, he would act aggressively to detour it. If it were Shohei, then he'd let the Mantis follow.

OOC:
Perception/Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to determine whether any follower is Shohei or not.
Results: 14-5  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:49 pm
The intrepid princess didn't need any preparations whatsoever, her katana still at her side from the morning's adventure and having already returned the haori - a decision she was probably about to regret, but not much she could do about it now. Still, she took some comfort in seeing Ichi in a similarly un-warm state, if for different reasons. Reasons that she could appreciate on the same level as the boys. Though considering the girl's childish silence this whole time, she imagined appreciation was all she'd be doing, so it came as quite the surprise when she felt the tug on her sleeve. No small amount of curiosity slowed her steps to match, allowing herself to fall back out of respectful hearing distance, attentive to what this unpredictable girl had to say.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:22 pm
@ Naohiko: You do not spot anyone following the party.

--------------------

Smiling, Denbe would stop discussing various cultural differences between the Colonies and the mainland and continue walking, walking with Naohiko and eventually Gendo. He would continue to walk once distance was created, but at a much slower pace as to not lose the girls.

"I... ummm..." Ichi would start, reddening slightly as she addressed Kaichiyo. She averted her gaze in apparent embarrassment, reaching up with her right hand to rub her left elbow awkwardly. Kaichiyo, it was definitely chilly out, and you wouldn't want to be out here for too terribly long; however, despite wearing less than you, the Hare did not seem particularly bothered by the coldness.

"About the other day..." Ichi would continue, her voice softening. "I... had heard from the guards, that... princess... and... was curious... about your room... its... bigger than mine... didn't know... arrive so quickly... what I mean is..."

It was true, Kaichiyo's room was twice the size of either Gendo's and Naohiko's, and the art upon the paper walls was more elaborate and of higher quality.

Flushing bright red with distress, Ichi would suddenly bow very deeply to Kaichiyo. "I'MSORRYTHATIDISTURBEDYOUIDIDN'TMEANANYOFFENSEREALLYPLEASEDON'THATEME!!" she would blurt out loudly, this part audible to the others (and some other passer-bys on the street). Ichi would remain bowed for the moment, her face hidden by how low she was angled. She would shake nervously as she remained so rigidly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 pm
At the outburst from the Hare, Gendo would stop and look back at her for a moment. Suddenly, he'd just start laughing and then turned to continue on.

"This cute little hare
There is no hatred from us
Let's move on as friends."

Awareness/Poetry - 13

He would frown to himself, before shaking his head. That sounded better in his mind before he actually said it. Now it was just kind of silly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:23 am
"There are two ingredients the Colonies have begun sending to Rokugan for their unique properties and delicious flavor profiles: Coffee, and Cane Sugar. If you ever encounter them I recommend you only have a smaaall portion at a time. I fear what they might do to you." she began with a sing-song laugh, nodding and giving an upwards 'you can stop bowing now' gesture with her hand. "Apology accepted. I hope I didn't hurt you too badly. I only threw my shoe because I thought some pervy boy had snuck in to watch me change. If I'd known it was a girl..." she trailed off, expression turning pained for a moment as she remembered Kioko's reaction to the news and decided against saying any more than that.

"Mm hm hmm. If anything I'm more mad at how you treated my yojimbo when he tried to apologize for chasing you, but even that I understand you had more... complicated feelings on your mind. I hope the fact that I cut that vile facestealer down myself this morning when it tried to assassinate me proves to you that we do not have any sinister intentions." she concluded with a sigh, the extra heat in her breath at the memory of that encounter showing with a large steamy puff in the chilled air, like a dragon exhaling smoke in irritation.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:19 pm
Ichi would begin to rise when signaled to do so by Kaichiyo, but as soon as she mentioned being mad again, Ichi returned to the same angled bow she had a moment before. Though it would not prevent Ichi from muttering something lowly - loud enough for Kaichiyo to hear, but no one else. "But... they're so weird though..."

But when Kaichiyo mentioned defeating the facestealer, Ichi would stand back up, hands balled tightly into fists and held to her chest, staring into Kaichiyo's eyes with uncomfortable closeness... if it weren't for the nigh-childlike wonder shining in her starry-eyed gaze.

"Wait you killed it? OHMYKAMI,ILOVEKILLINGMAHOTSUKAITOO! THEYSAIDITWASCAPTUREDBUTYOUSLAYEDITTHAT'SSOCOOLEEEEEEEEE!!"

Kaichiyo, with Ichi totes invading your personal space as she's all up in your grill, give me a Raw Reflexes roll to keep your balance. She's even doing this excited little wiggle with her hips which isn't helping anything.

@ Gendo, Naohiko: Denbe winces in pain and facepalms loudly, turning his gaze away from the spectacle.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:42 pm
"... Excitable, isn't she?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:44 pm
"Mm... I nearly cut it in half, but... I don't think it's dead. Maho is a truly terrifying thing. And yes, it escaped custody, stole a Daidoji's face and came to kill me. But I'm glad you're enthusiastic about hunting them, now that I've seen how awful they are first hand." she responded, taking the eccentric reaction in stride, even if it took her a moment to understand what it was the girl had even said. Her Kingdom for a space key.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Naohiko picked up his pace to walk near Denbe. "So, what's the worst play you've seen yet, Denbe-san? I've seen most of the classics and one about a group of magistrates who were all in love with each other somehow." the Kraken bushi shuddered. "It was really something to see. I'm surprised the writer hadn't had them cutting each other apart near the end."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm
"... oh, I see." The enthusiasm immediately drained from the Hare, her face taking on a neutral, nonplussed expression. Turning, Ichi would begin walking in the direction that the boys were, though her pace and posture would not be unlike someone being sent to do an undesirable chore.

"I, ah... I don't... I prefer..." Denbe would try to respond to Naohiko, a bit thrown off by his timing of his question with the exchange between Ichi and Kaichiyo. He watched her walk by, before looking back to Kaichiyo and responding to Naohiko. "Excuse me, Naohiko-san."

Walking to Kaichiyo, Denbe would bow respecfully. "My apologies, Himura-hime. Ichi has wanted to apologize to you for days now, but even though she means well, she doesn't really know how to convey things well. She's a die-hard bushi in body, mind, and soul. I believe her father's intent to send her here is to help hone her people skills. It has been a trying affair to keep vigil over her. I hope she has not offended you."

Gendo, Naohiko, are you two waiting on Kaichiyo? Or will you instead try to go after the Hare that's still putting distance between her and everyone else, albeit slowly?  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games