Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 5, 5, 8, 5, 6, 10 Total: 44 (8-80)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:33 pm
Calling Full Defense.

6k3

>mfw it's 18  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 10, 5, 1, 10 Total: 39 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:35 pm
The Hare took off just as soon as he'd finished his respects and the Crane appeared ready to fight. Last time he had been outstripped and struck down faster than he could have expected an attack to come. So this time as soon as it was honorable to, he pushed himself as hard as he could move, sprinting full speed across the field of battle and leaping into the air with a battlecry.

He'd half expected that to result in a mid-air exchange of blows, but somehow it seemed he had beaten the Crane out this time.

The Hare badly wanted to strike the Crane down just as he had been, a stiff blow to the shoulder- but he'd seen how nimble he was, and didn't dare take such risks against Zanzen with the consequences of failing to prove his clan any more than the single success- in storytelling, of all things to have proof of talent in- so instead he simply thrust his heel forward and prayed it hit anything at all.

[Leap of the Hare]
[Full attack and 1 free raise. 2 to accuracy, 1 to damage.]
[6k4+10+3 Jiujutsu (Striking): 68]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 3 Total: 20 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:35 pm
[Denbexplosion: 20]  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 10 Total: 23 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm
[3k2 Damage: 24]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm
[OhgodDenbewhat'swrongwithyou: 7]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm
Juijutsu Duels:

With a resounding crack, the Hare's foot would smash through Zanzen's attempt to raise his defenses (though the clumsiness of it may have actually made him more open), and crack a few of his ribs. With the air pushed out of his lungs, he'd fall over, holding his torso. There was no way he'd be able to continue this round. Weakly he spoke. "Round... goes... to Denbe..."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 pm
Denbe landed, turning to follow with more-

He stopped as Zanzen fell over, and blinked, honestly a bit surprised as the Crane ceded the first round. After a moment of uncertainty, he leaned forward, and offered his opponent a hand to his feet.

Though not a knock out, he had apparently accomplished his goal after all. In a way, he was a bit disappointed the fight was over so quickly, however. Somehow, the idea of it simply being a matter of a lucky blow, or difference in expertise was much less satisfying than trying to fool himself into seeing Zanzen as some kind of great obstacle and struggling for the victory. The man simply knew what he was good at, he supposed. A difference in approach.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:49 pm
Taking the Hare's hand, he stood slowly and struggled to find something to lean on till his ribs stopped being a mass of pain.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 6, 3 Total: 26 (4-40)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

"The samurai used various weapons, but the katana is the weapon that has come to be synonymous with samurai, metaphorically speaking. Bushido teaches that the katana is the samurai's soul and sometimes a samurai is pictured as entirely dependent on the weapon for fighting. They believe that the katana was so precious that they often gave them names and considered them as part of their living being. After a male bushi child was born, he would receive his first sword in a ceremony called mamori-gatana. The sword, however, was merely a charm sword covered with brocade to which was attached a purse or wallet, worn by children under five.Upon reaching the age of thirteen, in a ceremony called genpuku, a male child was given his first real weapons and armour, an adult name, and became a samurai.A katana and a Wakizashi together are called a daishō." Stated Kagae looking for other things to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

As several of the gathered samurai would wince at the blow and the impact Zanzen made with the ground, Raicho stood coldfaced through the rather short match.

"The first match goes to Ujina Denbe. Upon the necessary rest, the second match will begin." Raicho would look over at the Kakita as he was helped to his feet. "Is that something you'll be able to walk off, or do you need the touch of the kami?" she would ask, almost bemused at Zanzen's condition.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 pm
Juijutsu Duel:

"With time, I will recover. I think that if you want this done without a couple hours wait though, a little help may be useful. I am pretty sure that at least a few ribs cracked." He grunted as he leaned against a rock, feeling his chest.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:18 pm
"I'm more than willing to wait as long as it takes to see him recovered," Denbe responded, nodding his approval. He desired victory, it was true... but that victory meant nothing if he could not achieve it properly, and to have a good fight was its own reward. The Hare would leave him to their hosts care, moving across the field to the opposite side, and relaxing to his haunches, closing his eyes and reflecting on how he'd once again seemed to have hit his opponent perhaps a bit too hard.

While it almost seemed to say he should fight with his feet rather than his sword, he instead reflected on what it said about his self-control as he waited patiently as was necessary.

((Denbe will wait until Zanzen is healed, or recovered, to his satisfaction, including to full health if he and Raicho prefer such.))  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:17 pm
Plainsfox
@Scorpion/ Mantis Shenanigans

"It was good to work with you, Hisashi-san. Please forgive me for my impetuousness. I fear I've taken more to the Bayushi school's martial training rather than it's courtly works. Also, I must take my leave. All of this day's events have taken their toll on me and someone must check up on Naizen-san if the lore contest is starting."

"As you have seen, sometimes our skills can vary in effectiveness despite our chosen profession. However, I shall attempt to be of more use in the future. Until then."

And with that he would leave, having had quite enough excitement for one evening.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Kuni Raicho would turn to the Crane, casting a healing water spell to mend the wounds he received from the first match. Path to Inner Peace would remove most of the damage, and a short breather would allow Kakita Zanzen to heal completely.

When the Crane was ready, Raicho would signal for the second match to begin, stepping back and away from the two duelists!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 4, 9, 7, 10, 10 Total: 58 (7-70)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:15 pm
@ Juijutsu Duel:

Bowing to Kuni Raicho, he'd reenter the ring and frown. The Hare was jumpy. Lowering his center of gravity, he adopted a low stance.

5k4 init

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games