Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are ALL goths depressed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:35 pm
Perhaps we've got a different definition of 'well-adjusted,' then. As far as I'm concerned, a person who has a mental illness can be perfectly well adjusted if they
1) manage to correct for it with whatever combination of meds and therapy is effective,
2) are responsible about keeping the condition under control, and
3) are able to contribute to society.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:51 pm
GilAskan

The idea that MCR is emo is popular OPINION everywhere.

However, it's wrong, no matter where you go. MCR is pop-rock with some horrorpunk influences.

Emo = City of Caterpillar, Moss Icon, Rites of Spring, etc.

What, are you on crack?
MCR is -not- pop.
It might be a little more mainstream than some goth/punk music, but it is SO not pop.

Are you crazy? Is that your problem?  

Rowan Birch

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:38 pm
Rowan Birch
GilAskan

The idea that MCR is emo is popular OPINION everywhere.

However, it's wrong, no matter where you go. MCR is pop-rock with some horrorpunk influences.

Emo = City of Caterpillar, Moss Icon, Rites of Spring, etc.

What, are you on crack?
MCR is -not- pop.
It might be a little more mainstream than some goth/punk music, but it is SO not pop.

Are you crazy? Is that your problem?

They are pop-rock. They are not goth in any way. They are not punk in any way.

If you want goth, go listen to Bauhaus. If you want punk, go listen to the Clash.

Quote:
Pop rock is a genre of music that combines elements of both pop and rock. Songs are identified by their simple song structure, catchy melodies, and repetition of musical passages (the pop part), and by their use of electric guitar- and drums-based instrumentation and a somewhat aggressive attitude (the rock part).

My Chemical Romance even described themselves as "violent, dangerous pop" on their official website.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:07 pm
Okay, I'm a little ill of these threads entittled :" Are ALL Goths this?" or "Are ALL Goths that?" Here's the answer: NO. If there's a generalization being made about a certain group the answer's no. Why? Because you can't make generalizations. Every person is different even if they are apart of a big group of people with similar interests. Just because I'm a girl does that mean I liked barbie growning up? No. Just because I'm in Orchestra does that mean I'm stuck up? No. Just becasue I'm one of those kids who aren't going to college right off the bat does that mean I'm a lowlife? No. You get the point you can't say that just because a person is apart of a certain group of people, that all of those people are exactly the same. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

Laharl Part Deux

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:29 pm
Laharl Part Dux
Okay, I'm a little ill of these threads entittled :" Are ALL Goths this?" or "Are ALL Goths that?" Here's the answer: NO. If there's a generalization being made about a certain group the answer's no. Why? Because you can't make generalizations. Every person is different even if they are apart of a big group of people with similar interests. Just because I'm a girl does that mean I liked barbie growning up? No. Just because I'm in Orchestra does that mean I'm stuck up? No. Just becasue I'm one of those kids who aren't going to college right off the bat does that mean I'm a lowlife? No. You get the point you can't say that just because a person is apart of a certain group of people, that all of those people are exactly the same. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

3nodding *Applauds*  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:26 am
It's just a coincedence that I'm goth and deppresed^^  

Aubrey of the sliver line

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:21 pm
goth =/= emo

remember that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:21 am
yes. all goths are depressed. as are all jocks, rara's emos and every other cliche in the world  

Paynes_Demise

Rowan Birch

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:21 am
All goths are depressed becasue everyone in theworld is depressed. it's true. think about it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm
to: all the ones that say the answer is yes

you are all a bunch of cocomainy s**t for brains!!!

generalizations= you are a drone of the society

goths can't be generalized this has been said many times!!!

no group can be generalized

people are depressed because of chemical screw ups of the brain.

goth is a way of life not a trend

emo is a trend it will die in a decade and there will still be goth as emo turns into something else.

so
F.Y.A.D.!!!!

BY THE WAY

i am a very angery person sometimes other times i am a very happy person i am also of the goth path...

what about that?
are all goths angery beings? NO
do all goths paint their lips black? NO
we are not all the same but most are similar  

goddess_of_fire87

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:09 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
goth =/= emo

remember that.

That is very true.

But not at all relevant.

You may as well say "Goth =/= Orange".

And coincidentally, oranges, like members of the emo scene, are not depressed.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:24 pm
No way. I would probably call myself a little goth, although I hate labels, and I love life smile  

babalonsatene

Seronia

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:28 pm
Hell no..
I'm 'goth',
but not depressed.

Of course,
I have my down days,
but that is mainly that.

I'm not saying all goths aren't depressed,
I know there are depressed goths.
But,
I'm starting to ramble
You get my point.
smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 pm
GilAskan
Goths are rarely depressed, actually. Studies show that goths tend to be pretty happy compared to most people, in fact.
Aha! I was right! *punches air in triumph* Where did you find this information? Please tell me!  

Henneth Annun
Captain

MyLittlePwny.!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:33 am
I suppose you could say I'm goth, and I have been depressed for quite a while now, but as far as I've noticed, all the "real" goths (not mallgoths) I've met are some of the happiest and funniest people. So, no, not all goths are depressed. Some are, but not all, and it's like that in all subcultures I suppose. I'm sure there are depressed punks, hiphopers, metalheads and so on...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff