Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5] Discovering the Holy Kingdom Recruitment Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What version of DnD would YOU like to use for this game?
  3.5e/Pathfinder
  5e
View Results

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm
Ok, finished Irene's character sheet. Her picture will probably be finished in the next day or so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:56 pm
Alright, we only need one more finished character sheet to begin the campaign.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:44 pm
Ask and ye shall receive. My rogue is done and his reason for being here... well aside from treasure, adventure and the like, it's all actually secondary to trying to find a family heirloom blade.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:47 am
I know everyone's eager to start but lets give SCN another day or so to submit his profile before starting. After all, he was going to be our Cleric and I had planned to tie my backstory to his.

If he needs more time then that I guess we cant start without him and drop him into the story when he is ready. If I know anything about SCN he has probably already come up with five different characters and is trying to narrow it down to which one he will use.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 am
Mhm. One more to round us out and give us a few more hooks.

If he ends up choosing another character than the cleric though, with that CN alignment and 18 Cha/Str you could be a cleric with the Inflict set.

Also, Irene is almost a foot shorter than Valian but three times as strong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 am
Hehe, its that undead strength. In life she probably had a strength of like 7 and a constitution of like 3.

I'm actually looking forward to role playing that aspect of her. She's going to look like a weak little noble girl...until she picks up a table and throws it at you.

I imagine that's partly how she gets her meals, she plays the part of a weak lost little noble girl and then when evil men try to take advantage of her she eats them.

I wanted to make her chaotic good but I just couldn't justify that with the fact that she eats people, even if they are bad people.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:35 am
Girl's gotta eat. People are food too.

Then again being CN gives you the right to get weird when you wish. Weirder than a loli luring evil men to eat them anyway.

Wonder how this is going to go over with everyone else

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 am
Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities for Irene to eat without consuming live flesh. I don't intend to put you into a situation where you have to eat a person, though sometimes player choices go beyond what a DM has in mind, and his/her hands are tied at that point... wink

Also, I'll be lenient and give SCN until the 8th to get his sheet ready. Otherwise, he'll have to wait a bit before I can get him an opportunity to throw his character into the party.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 pm
Eh... I mean, I'm CG, but I understand the cycle of life and all. And I guess Unlife. That's going to be interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm
Yeah should be interesting to rp about. One of my favoritetie little bits of rp I ever did was when I played a Drider and had to convince the party not to kill her, let alone join them. I think Irene will be a little bit easier of a sell but it will be interesting when she has to explain her endless hunger ability to consume copious amounts of meat. Why did she linger with that body of the bandit after everyone else left the room? At first level she will mostly fight using weapons but by level two she's going to be all tooth and claw.

There are some interesting variant rules put forward in Libris Mortis the DM can use for her diet dependency. I will post them below.

Diet Dependent: Some undead must feed on the living to retain either their mobility or some of their other abilities. The link to the Negative Energy Plane for undead of these sort grows increasingly tenuous the longer they are denied the necessary food. At some point, their mobility or one or more specific abilities are suppressed until they can feed again. However, no matter how enervated by lack of feeding, undead cannot be starved to the point of permanent deanimation. A fresh infusion of their preferred food can always bring them back to their full abilities. Most diet-dependent undead can go for 3d6 months before losing all mobility. If a player controls an undead with a diet-dependent existence, use the Variant Rule: Handling Undead Hunger sidebar on this page.

VARIANT RULE: HANDLING UNDEAD HUNGER

This variant rule is best applied to undead player characters that are diet dependent or have inescapable cravings. These rules work less well for undead that spend years or more locked away in tombs before getting a chance to feed. However, the DM may decide to use these rules on a case-by-case basis for NPC or monster undead as well. The hunger felt by an undead with the need for sustenance is akin to an addiction. Like living creatures with an extreme craving for some chemical substance, hungry undead are prone to erratic, violent, and sometimes self-destructive behavior if they are denied their preferred morsels.

Hunger Type Satiation Will DC Damage

Inescapable craving 1 day 25 1d6 Wis

Diet dependent 3 days 15 2d4 Wis

Satiation: An undead with an inescapable craving takes ability damage each day unless it makes a successful DC 25 Will save. A diet dendent undead takes ability damage every three days unless it makes a successful DC 15 Will save. Each time an undead feeds on its preferred morsel, it is satiated and need not make these saving throws for the satiation period noted on the table. After the satiation period wears off, the undead once again grows hungry.

Damage: An undead’s need to feed is like a mental spike boring into its awareness, dealing the indicated damage each day unless the undead succeeds on the saving throw or feeds. An undead immediately gains back all of the ability damage it has taken if it manages to feed. As the undead goes longer and longer without feeding, potentially losing Wisdom all the while, the undead grows increasingly unbalanced. It mulls over plans that would allow it to feed plans it would likely consider too risky were it completely sane. When the undead reaches 0 Wisdom, it retains no volition of its own, no judgment to deter it from seeking its preferred morsel,
even if the undead’s utter destruction seems likely thereafter. (A player character who reaches 0 Wisdom from a failure to feed is temporarily remanded to the DM, who plays the undead as a ravening beast until the character has fed.) An intelligent undead sometimes plans for this eventuality, even arranging to have itself locked away in a self-constructed vault from which it is unable to escape. It will stay there until a prearranged third party provides the undead with its preferred morsel (presumably in a fashion that does not endanger the third party, though accidents do happen).

Ghouls fall into the Diet Dependent category which means they are erqured to eat flesh every three days or risk wisdom damage, if the DM wanted to utilize these rules.  

Kowsauni
Crew

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:08 pm
I'm fine with that ruleset if you are, though I doubt you'll have a problem with going long periods of time without food unless somebody needs to make a magic item or something (or other forms of downtime).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 am
"Somebody needs to make a magic item or something"

Thinking about how an iron golem takes 75 days with base crafting rules even with the best tools which let me do double the work in 1/8th of the time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 am
Winter Wondork
"Somebody needs to make a magic item or something"

Thinking about how an iron golem takes 75 days with base crafting rules even with the best tools which let me do double the work in 1/8th of the time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
With tools like that, it'd only take you five days to finish it (75/2 for doing twice the work = 37.5/8 for doing it in an eight of the time = 4.6875 or five days. 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:10 am
Nah. Even if It lets me do it in 1/8th the time I can still only do 2k a day. It just saves me those extra hours for other stuff.

This being said, the iron golem is like the 3rd strongest 'normal' golem, aka the kinds people normally make, there is. Wont see him for a while. Our first friend will probably be a Wood golem.

Winter Wondork

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm
Just so long as you don't make a Calzone Golem.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff