Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 pm
Gendo, you begin to give chase, but she's outpacing you quickly. You're more the slow-and-steady type anyways...

Suddenly, Shi throws open the door to his room and takes chase, not unlike a hunting dog chasing down a... well, rabbit.

Athletics roll made this morning before work: 31

Shi, you manage to catch up, almost taking out the wing's Daidoji guard in the process, and you're confident about your chances of catching her! You leap forward, mere inches from grabbing hold, but she manages to leap away at the last possible moment, continuing her run while you skid to a halt.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm
Gendo just shakes his head, sighs, and returns to his room at a walk.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:34 pm
Rain Yupa
Before the scene changes, feel free to declare any honor losses or gains you have earned for your character, and I will approve or deny them.

There are no more people hiding in Kaichiyo's room, as far as any of you can discern, so nothing will prevent you from going to the court area if desired.

This still applies. What you do with your characters for the next scene is up to you guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:16 pm
Naohiko would make a note to show them over this winter, how to catch a little rabbit. With a tremendous sense of de ja vus, he would enter his room and make a few careful folds in Setsuna-tan, and await Chiyo-chan's orders.

OOC:
No Honor Loss or gain ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:45 pm
Kaichiyo had just barely begun to clear the other occupants from her room and close the door before she heard Shi burst from his room and dash off, Gendo close behind. She could only let out a heavy sigh, far too late to catch up or even shout them down. She would have to give another lecture when she next saw them. Never in her life had she imagined she would empathize with her mother, of all people. This clan leadership thing was harder than that crazed woman made it look.

With nothing left for it, she simply shut the door and finished changing, taking a little extra time to wet a cloth and scrub the blood off her shoe. Refreshed and dressed in her finest kimono, the Himura princess finally emerged.

"I'm off to court." she declared to no one in particular, though she was pretty sure at least Naohiko was still there. "You boys can join me or relax here as you wish. It's been a long journey, so take the day for yourselves. You're expected on full duty and best behavior tomorrow."

[OOC: No honor gains or losses, that I know of. Sadly Honor 5 get nothing for enduring a personal insult. sweatdrop ]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm
Given the way that Chiyo-chan pitched her voice, Naohiko knew he should listen to what the younger Kraken was saying. He set down the nearly completed head of his origami construct and then exited his room to join Kaichiyo as she walked towards where court was being held. It didn't feel like Kaichiyo was in the mood so much for witty banter right now. Instead, the samurai bowed respectfully to his superior and then took up the bodyguard/chief flunky position off of her right. As they walked, Naohiko would attempt to start a polite conversation. "So, Kaichiyo-hime, which clansmen here are you most interested in meeting?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 am
The young princess grinned as her closest friend filed into place. At least her mother left her with one semi-reliable companion for this trip. Saving the day was going to be exhausting work if she had to do it this many times a day.

"The Mantis." she explained, her grin turning wry and a single finger raised conspiratorially, "As they say, know thy enemy. And we'll have much better opportunity to study them here where it's relatively safe."

Before her expression grew a little worried. "Maybe everyone else too. I don't know. Mother probably did a good enough job explaining this, but we really do need to make friends here. You were always good at handling people..." She trailed off a bit, slightly embarrassed to say what she wanted to. If it were anyone else she could never allow herself to be so vulnerable, but if there was one person in the world she could confide in... still, she kept her gaze forward and away, hiding the flustered blush. "What I mean is, I'm going to need you, Hiko-kun."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:33 am
Naohiko continued walking as he dwelt on Kaichiyo's words. Dreams of fun and mischief fled from his head as he was coming to the realization that he really, REALLY wasn't here for his own sake. The Kraken samurai's shoulder slumped as he nodded solemnly. "You know I'll serve the Kraken to the best of my ability, Chiyo-chan.You know I will serve YOU to the best of my ability."

The young samurai relaxed a little as he posited his own thoughts. "Hai. We need to show them that we're not worth it. As for my own part, I was wondering if we may wish to investigate the strength of family ties. If we had the Dragon, the Phoenix, the Tortoise and the Dragonfly as staunch allies? Other than that, I've brought a couple pieces of jewelry with us. If these were gifted to the right people, perhaps we can convince them that they should care about our fate? Failing that, there's always your cooking." Naohiko would grin, teasingly.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:16 am
She let out a laugh that was probably too enthusiastic to be appropriate, but it carried with it all her tension and embarrassment. Kaichiyo-hime was back. "HA! That's right! I'll seduce them all with the finest Kraken cuisine! Natsuki-san will be so proud~"

She made a fist pump, arm upon her bicep for dramatic flare, before letting out another melodic giggle and calming herself. "That's a good idea, and one I wholly intend to follow up on. For you, however, I have a different task. Let's face it, you have a better way with words than I. Especially with women. I'm afraid I need you to focus on the ones we aren't so sure about. The Unicorn are probably a lost cause, unless we stumble upon particularly friendly individuals we can make small personal connections with, and I wouldn't be too hopeful for the Lion either, but everyone else is fair game. The Crab and... dare I say it... Scorpion... have growing presence in the colonies. They could be valuable allies in an emergency. Shi might be a better match for the Crab, but if you feel comfortable playing the Scorpion's game, you're the best we have for it. Any fellow minor clan is fair game; at least some of them should share our fear of the Mantis, if for nothing else than for their reputation of absorbing and subverting us."

She gave a little mischievous grin at the next thought, "I wouldn't mind having another close encounter with that Usagi..." before clearing her throat and moving on quickly, "And let's not forget about our hosts. They may be too high-and-mighty to help us as a whole, but a Crane courtier never forgets a favor. A better opportunity to get on their good side there never was."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:46 am
The Kraken samurai nodded as his princess spoke. His mind formulating actions upon her directives. Naohiko agreed with her thoughts on the Crab and Crane. Besides colonial presence, they both had sizable navies that could help protect the Kraken should the Mantis get adventurous. As for the Scorpion.....his comfort should not matter, although he was touched that Chiyo-chan remembered his father's history and remembered how well Naohiko's father did at the Scorpion's game. "I"ll do my best, Kaichiyo-hime.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 am
As you enter the main court area, you see samurai of all clans mixed together, chatting away with one another casually. Some are sticking with their own clans or with typically alliances, while others are braving more dangerous social fronts.

It sounds like you two came in with a game plan to handle any clan you might come across!

"My fair maiden!" a man's voice would bellow. If you turn to your left, a man in the black-and-white colors of the Spider, albiet a very well-dressed one, approached the two of you. He was on the tall side, and had a rugged look complete with a short full-facial beard; however, his eyes did betray a level of weariness.

Regardless, he was smiling as he approached. "The Fortune Benten herself blesses me this day, by sending a most lovely envoy to join my company," he continues, smiling broadly at Kaichiyo.

All the other courtiers within earshot turn, and nigh-simultaneously unfurl their fans, covering the lower halves of their faces as they observe.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:28 pm
Gendo would head to court after making sure everything was well put, taking Setsuna with him, though outside his clothing this time.

[OOC: No change in honor/glory.]  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:35 pm
Hrk! 'Fair maiden? Surely he doesn't mean...' An ominous chill ran down the seafaring princess' spine. A quick, worried glance in the direction of the voice confirmed her fears. 'Oh Jigoku, he does...'

Surprisingly forward of a Spider... seems he was the mobile hunter variety. A wolf spider. Certainly not the worst kind. His bite would hurt, but at least its venom wasn't deadly. With her mind re-centered from the surprise, she turned to face the man, a polite, confident smile on her lips.

"Fair?" she teased, "Now I know you're just trying to flatter me."

It was a fair quip. With tanned skin a good several tones darker than most other women here, and hands ground course from hard labor with sails, ropes, nets, and burning cooking implements, she was hardly the picture of femininity. Of course, there was the unfortunately piece of hindsight that told her if he wasn't already turned away by her looks her voice certainly wouldn't do her any favors. Still! She had one final defense. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure. I am Himura Kaichiyo, heir to the Kraken Clan. It's an honor to meet you..." she paused, giving him the proper cue to introduce himself.

Inwardly she could only grin, fully expecting to see his spirits drop. Announcing herself as a minor clanswoman, colonial, and ineligible to be pawned off to another clan? Yes, she was confident this defense would reliably deter any Great Clan suitors. Nobody wanted to give up a life of luxury to go slumming out in the colonies if they could help it. At least, as long as they didn't know Megumi Tenpi's reputation as a tropical paradise, but not many did.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 am
"Ah, yes, how rude of me for withholding my identity, my beloved Himura Kaichiyo-san. For I am Daigotsu Shoichi," he would announce, one fist proudly held to his chest, the other arm gesturing dramatically upwards and away. "... and I have come to sweep you off your feet and give you 100 years of happiness, that the Heavens themselves would quake with jealousy!"

The observing courtiers murmer and whisper amongst themselves, and a few giggles and chuckles are thrown in for good measure. You can definitely feel their eyes on you at this critical juncture.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 6, 5, 5, 2, 10, 1 Total: 47 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:05 pm
Kaichiyo couldn't really be bogged down by things like this and Naohiko's mind raced for possible exits to this situation as Kaichiyo tried to play the high card to get out of this. It rarely worked back home. Maybe Naohiko should play up the princess card a bit more? The bushi coughed to get the spider's attention.

"Forgive me for interrupting," Naohiko enunciated, hoping that more than just the spider heard this, while keeping his tone servile. He was just a functionary of the Kraken bringing up a point. "but while Kaichiyo-hime certainly is lovely, she is heir to her mother and any suitor must prove himself to Himura-no-kimi. While many clans can afford to allow Benten-no-kami to guide their hand on who their children marry, the Kraken cannot."

Naohiko paused as he considered his ploy, gathering his wits and various little facts as things drew together. "I'm sure though, if one truly desired the hand of Kaichiyo-hime, they would be easily able to prove to Himura-no-kimi that they were a man of status, glory, honor, cunning, and wealth. All things the husband of the next Champion of the Kraken will need."

OOC
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to sound sympathetic to the suitor(s)
Results: 26 -5 (Raise)= 21  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces