Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mik4ilah & By Whatever You Wish's introductory 4e D&D game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:40 pm
well since my char sheet is ready i'm just gonna forgo the flavouring for my first character if that's alright c:  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm
Flames Burning Within
well since my char sheet is ready i'm just gonna forgo the flavouring for my first character if that's alright c:

That makes me a sad panda though :c  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm
Rain Yupa
Flames Burning Within

That makes me a sad panda though :c

you should be a sad cat though c:  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm
what is the "flavouring"?  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm
Mik4ilah
Thanks a LOT! this is how my profile looks now woe it's me!

Still need your skill bonuses I mentioned ^-^

Likewise, with your Surges/Day.

A recommendation I made to Flames, is to uncheck all your powers, and to check them off when you use them. You don't HAVE too, but I find that least confusing.

Still went with Hit-and-Run anyways, even though you can't use your bow with it?

You didn't list your leather armor (which I presume by your +2 armor bonus).

I honestly think 300 arrows is too much. I think 90 would be more than enough. Remember, you have to carry all this! It's unwieldy! I might even recommend going down to 60. That'd be 2 quivers on your back. Imagine carrying 10!!!

Now for your attack & damage workspace. Since it looks like you'll be using ranged AND melee attacks, I want you to do the following:

For Ability 1 (in both), type Dexterity (or Dex). For Ability 2, type Strength (or Str).
Attack workspace, row 1: '2' for Prof (from your longbow).
Attack workspace, row 2: '3' for Prof (from your longsword and dagger; both have the same bonus).

In the end, you should have +6 to hit with your bow, +6 to hit with your blades. +4 damage with your bow, +3 with your blades.

Sudden observation: Are you sure you want your ability scores as they are? Fox's Cunning has a bonus equal to your Wisdom, and many other future powers you will see Wisdom pop up. Currently, your wisdom bonus is 0. You can still use Fox's Cunning, but you get absolutely no extra bonus to your attack roll (making it just like any regular attack).

Though you already have the bonuses listed in the quick look-up correctly (minus the damage bonuses), having the attack stats in the workspace on the right will let you know when it increases as you level up. :3

Beyond the things I listed here (and some are optional), the only things you need are your description and background (you don't need to work too hard on this), and towards the top, you have 1 action point.

Flames, you have one too, I forgot to mention that.

I'll check your gold when we know for certain about your equipment choices! :3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 pm
Mik4ilah

He means (or at least, I assume he means) stuff like Background and Description and whatnot.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

He means (or at least, I assume he means) stuff like Background and Description and whatnot.

background is VERY important, i would never skip over that  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:57 pm
Okay then. What did you mean by flavoring?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 pm
Rain Yupa
Okay then. What did you mean by flavoring?

appearance and personality emotion_kirakira personality would be conveyed through the stuff i do anyways

edit: if i did my math right i should have 15 gold left?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 pm
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Thanks a LOT! this is how my profile looks now woe it's me!

Still need your skill bonuses I mentioned ^-^

Likewise, with your Surges/Day.

A recommendation I made to Flames, is to uncheck all your powers, and to check them off when you use them. You don't HAVE too, but I find that least confusing.

Still went with Hit-and-Run anyways, even though you can't use your bow with it?

You didn't list your leather armor (which I presume by your +2 armor bonus).

I honestly think 300 arrows is too much. I think 90 would be more than enough. Remember, you have to carry all this! It's unwieldy! I might even recommend going down to 60. That'd be 2 quivers on your back. Imagine carrying 10!!!

Now for your attack & damage workspace. Since it looks like you'll be using ranged AND melee attacks, I want you to do the following:

For Ability 1 (in both), type Dexterity (or Dex). For Ability 2, type Strength (or Str).
Attack workspace, row 1: '2' for Prof (from your longbow).
Attack workspace, row 2: '3' for Prof (from your longsword and dagger; both have the same bonus).

In the end, you should have +6 to hit with your bow, +6 to hit with your blades. +4 damage with your bow, +3 with your blades.

Sudden observation: Are you sure you want your ability scores as they are? Fox's Cunning has a bonus equal to your Wisdom, and many other future powers you will see Wisdom pop up. Currently, your wisdom bonus is 0. You can still use Fox's Cunning, but you get absolutely no extra bonus to your attack roll (making it just like any regular attack).

Though you already have the bonuses listed in the quick look-up correctly (minus the damage bonuses), having the attack stats in the workspace on the right will let you know when it increases as you level up. :3

Beyond the things I listed here (and some are optional), the only things you need are your description and background (you don't need to work too hard on this), and towards the top, you have 1 action point.

Flames, you have one too, I forgot to mention that.

I'll check your gold when we know for certain about your equipment choices! :3

Oh ok, I'm fixing it right now. thanks for the observations.one quick question. what is the real advantage of using two weapons instead of one but using it two-handed (just read about versatile weapons).  

Mik4ilah

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:20 pm
Flames Burning Within
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah

background is VERY important, i would never skip over that

I agree! i'm going to work on that too  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:00 am
Mik4ilah
Oh ok, I'm fixing it right now. thanks for the observations.one quick question. what is the real advantage of using two weapons instead of one but using it two-handed (just read about versatile weapons).

Okay. Well, everyone has two additional powers not listed, but everyone can do them. One is Melee Basic Attack, one is Ranged Basic Attack.

Melee Basic Attack is a strength-based attack. Just a normal strength attack roll (1d20 + 1/2 level bonus + str bonus + prof bonus), and add your strength bonus to the damage roll. Nothing fancy.

Melee Ranged Attack is the same, except with a ranged weapon, and you use Dexterity instead of Strength.

Anywho, when using a MBA, a two-handed weapon does more damage than a one-handed weapon. You can't ACTUALLY attack with two weapons in a MBA. A two-handed weapon does the most damage compared to smaller weapons. A one-handed versatile weapon can be held one handed (letting you use your other hand for stuff, like shields, torches, etc), but if you wield it with two hands, you get +1 damage. I've played a character that would have a versatile sword + a torch, and as soon as combat begins he drops the torch and doubles up on the weapon. One-handed regular weapons do even less damage than versatile ones, and you can't use it in both hands and get a bonus for it. They are meant to be one-hand only.

The point of two weapons is that some class powers will require you to have two weapons; they will do things like let you attack twice, or attack everyone around you, et cetra. Basically, having two weapons is a "prerequisite" for using those powers at all.

There ARE some feats that will give you bonuses for having two weapons though!

A Two-Blade Ranger has the advantage of using ANY one-handed weapon in each hand, meaning they can dual-wield longswords or battleaxes or other similar weapons. That means higher damage output, mainly. But as an archer ranger, if your melee weapons are your back-up plan, you shouldn't worry about damage output that much. If you wanted to do more damage, you'd just use your bow! biggrin  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 pm
Rain Yupa

ok so one last question (and i think it is very important for the fighting style i'm thinking for my Character) let's say i'm fighting three enemies. in my turn and I manage to kill the first with my bow and arrow but they catch up with me and one of them attacks, I can use Fox's Cunning to evade and counter (suppouse it kills the enemy) the second follows up and I take a hit (hopefully not deadly), when my turns comes up again I can use the quick draw ability to change to my sword (wielding it with two hands) AND using Hunter's Bear trap (suppouse it works) and i have a turn to finish it off (again using quick draw to take the dagger) with Twin strike (I know I wouldn't be able to use Hunter's Bear trap and Fox's cunning for a while, but this is just a what if situation)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm
Mik4ilah

If I'm reading this right then, essentially, yes.

Each round you get three actions: a move action, a minor action and a standard action. You also get one immediate action per round as well.

Immediate actions break down into two types: immediate interrupts and immediate reactions. Immediate reactions take place after the action that triggered them, while immediate interrupts take place before.

So, let's break down what you just said into rounds.

~~~~
On your turn in the first round, you use your bow to make a ranged basic attack against the enemy (standard action). You are then attacked by two enemies on their turn on the first round. Fox's Cunning can be triggered off the first enemy's attack. However, since it is a immediate reaction and not an immediate interrupt, he will get to complete his attack before you respond. Nonetheless, you still get to attack him.

Round two, it is your turn again. As a minor action, you stow your bow so you don't have to drop it. Utilizing your Quick Draw feat, you then draw your longsword and use Hunter's Bear Trap as your standard action. The enemies would get their turn to attack you this round as well.

Round three, you utilize Quick Draw again to draw out your dagger and then use Twinstrike as your standard action.
~~~

That's how that would play out. Keep in mind each round is 6 seconds so this is all happening really fast, at least in game time.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 pm
Kowsauni
Mik4ilah

If I'm reading this right then, essentially, yes.

Each round you get three actions: a move action, a minor action and a standard action. You also get one immediate action per round as well.

Immediate actions break down into two types: immediate interrupts and immediate reactions. Immediate reactions take place after the action that triggered them, while immediate interrupts take place before.

So, let's break down what you just said into rounds.

~~~~
On your turn in the first round, you use your bow to make a ranged basic attack against the enemy (standard action). You are then attacked by two enemies on their turn on the first round. Fox's Cunning can be triggered off the first enemy's attack. However, since it is a immediate reaction and not an immediate interrupt, he will get to complete his attack before you respond. Nonetheless, you still get to attack him.

Round two, it is your turn again. As a minor action, you stow your bow so you don't have to drop it. Utilizing your Quick Draw feat, you then draw your longsword and use Hunter's Bear Trap as your standard action. The enemies would get their turn to attack you this round as well.

Round three, you utilize Quick Draw again to draw out your dagger and then use Twinstrike as your standard action.
~~~

That's how that would play out. Keep in mind each round is 6 seconds so this is all happening really fast, at least in game time.

oh ok then, thank you that was something i really needed to make sure about.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff