Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rainy Days are here again - Another L5R 4e Campaign? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 am
PupSage
I am thinking between Isawa shugenja or Kitsuki investigator. I dont know if I trust myseld as a courtier.

To be fair, most people don't trust me as a courtier either, but I've never let that hold me back.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 am
Rain Yupa
PupSage
I am thinking between Isawa shugenja or Kitsuki investigator. I dont know if I trust myseld as a courtier.

To be fair, most people don't trust me as a courtier either, but I've never let that hold me back.
Seconded. Hell, I'd Courtier, but my courtier idea isn't gonna work for this one, considering Yoritomo Masaki's personality and all.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:36 am
Raganui Minamoto
Rain Yupa
PupSage

Seconded. Hell, I'd Courtier, but my courtier idea isn't gonna work for this one, considering Yoritomo Masaki's personality and all.

I am thinking about an asian barney stenson.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:14 pm
So i read something and fell in love with it. How many disadvantages must i take on to be a mantis bushi? If I did it I would play a character who learned it from one of the 1st generation islanders.

Mantis brawler just seems like to much fun though.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 pm
PupSage

TECHNICALLY, none. But you aren't technically a Mantis Brawler. One or both of your parents were Mantis brawlers, and left the Mantis to join your clan, either before you were born or when you were really little.

They taught you enough for you to have Rank 1 in the school.

However, you will never be able to advance in the school without going to a proper sensei in the Mantis clan, and that's when the disadvantages will have to be taken. And you'll have to earn the right to take them in-character too.

That goes for ALL Great Clan schools (well, almost all, as previously discussed). The amount of disadvantages you will have to take will come into play when you need to find a sensei.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:01 pm
Rain Yupa
PupSage

TECHNICALLY, none. But you aren't technically a Mantis Brawler. One or both of your parents were Mantis brawlers, and left the Mantis to join your clan, either before you were born or when you were really little.

They taught you enough for you to have Rank 1 in the school.

However, you will never be able to advance in the school without going to a proper sensei in the Mantis clan, and that's when the disadvantages will have to be taken. And you'll have to earn the right to take them in-character too.

That goes for ALL Great Clan schools (well, almost all, as previously discussed). The amount of disadvantages you will have to take will come into play when you need to find a sensei.

Well I only ever want to get as high as rank 3.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:23 pm
I do like playing the shugenja, so if no one else is going to be a shugenja, I'm gonna explore the options a little.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:34 pm
Hmm... okay, so do I go with a person who's going to be a Himura bushi and smith for the glory of the Kraken, or a Ronin of some sort, either dishonored warrior who's joining up to try to regain some glory, or a... ninja.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:26 am
What rules out all of those things at once, Raga? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:40 am
Disadvantage of new game ... want to be all of the things!

Probably making 2 characters and sending them to rain to let him choose.
Hero of the people who is a drunken master.
Or slutty mc slut slut the blackmailing b***h of the east.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:16 am
I'm not sure if I said it before, but the campaign starts off in a Winter Court, with you guys representing your Minor Clan.

Since winter pretty much shuts down Rokugan for a few months, people gather and focus more on primarily courtly matters for the duration.

Keep that in mind for whatever you do decide to play... and what difficulties you might be adding for your fellow players.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:04 am
Rain Yupa
I'm not sure if I said it before, but the campaign starts off in a Winter Court, with you guys representing your Minor Clan.

Since winter pretty much shuts down Rokugan for a few months, people gather and focus more on primarily courtly matters for the duration.

Keep that in mind for whatever you do decide to play... and what difficulties you might be adding for your fellow players.

So slutty mc slut slut would be better  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:07 am
PupSage
Rain Yupa

Yes.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 pm
PupSage

Oh my~

You know, I know exactly what I would run, but with our Mantis problem, I don't think I could make a Tsuruchi Archer for this and expect to actually advance.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:59 pm
Raganui Minamoto
PupSage

Oh my~

You know, I know exactly what I would run, but with our Mantis problem, I don't think I could make a Tsuruchi Archer for this and expect to actually advance.

Dojo of Lies. Always accepting students. Any clan, any time.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff