Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Oriental Campaign [Now Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:42 pm
Audio Blur
6, 4, 1, 4 = 14
4, 3, 1, 4 = 11
1, 5, 2, 4 = 11
1, 3, 2, 2 = 7
2, 1, 3, 3 = 8
4, 6, 5, 3 = 14

dont know why i rolled 10 die... wasnt really thinking when i rolled.
All are in order as they came, final verdict is up to DM

Versus the
16,14,14,10,10,10 20 point buy sweatdrop

eh, that's pretty bad, you may opt out and take point buy instead if you wish.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
Still need to flesh a few things out (like pick a different name as I will be using a different archetype, equipment, and fluff), but before I go further, just need to make sure it mechanically makes sense.

Kardrun of the Brewers

By my calculations, your health should be 31, not 35.

Isn't it the average of the HD and not just half? I can correct, no biggie.

Quote:
You seem to have forgotten your bonus skill points for being human. You should have 5 more skill points to spend.

Took "Heart of" trait (as listed in the notes), so I lose Skilled.

Quote:
You also seem to have forgotten your favored class bonus. You pick a class at level one (for you, it would be monk) and then for each level you gain in that class, you get either 1 HP or 1 skill point.

Well there's the +4 to health. rofl

Quote:
Everything else seems fine. And thank you for marking which features came from which archetype, made it easier to read.

I'll list what everything does in the notes; just needed to get it on the page first. Basically, he's a lucky b*****d.

Yeah, I suppose I am looking more for half as opposed to the average. And yeah, but +4 to health isn't +5, I just wanted to make sure you know about it, a lot of people forget that. You could just add one more HP and then call it even.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 pm
iLL iNTENT

okay, going with the Samurai. Posting her profile. I'll have back story fleshed out asap.

Hikari Yoritomo, Wandering Ronin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:51 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
Still need to flesh a few things out (like pick a different name as I will be using a different archetype, equipment, and fluff), but before I go further, just need to make sure it mechanically makes sense.

Kardrun of the Brewers

Quote:
You seem to have forgotten your bonus skill points for being human. You should have 5 more skill points to spend.

Quote:
You also seem to have forgotten your favored class bonus. You pick a class at level one (for you, it would be monk) and then for each level you gain in that class, you get either 1 HP or 1 skill point.

Quote:
Everything else seems fine. And thank you for marking which features came from which archetype, made it easier to read.

I'll list what everything does in the notes; just needed to get it on the page first. Basically, he's a lucky b*****d.

Yeah, I suppose I am looking more for half as opposed to the average. And yeah, but +4 to health isn't +5, I just wanted to make sure you know about it, a lot of people forget that. You could just add one more HP and then call it even.

I don't think you get your favored class bonus at level 1.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:58 pm
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

Kardrun of the Brewers

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bleh, you're right, my brain's just all over the place right now, disregard that  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:21 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bleh, you're right, my brain's just all over the place right now, disregard that

No worries.

Another question for you: This tankard. Would I be able to get this as an ancestral item rather than as a weapon?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:38 pm
Backstory is done when you want to read it wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 pm
Strait from the ogc.

Favored Class: Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes (see Prestige Classes) can never be a favored class.

So you do get your favored class bonus at level 1.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 pm
iLL iNTENT

Ok fixed the skill issue by moving two points from wisdom to intelligence and added her background information. Takara the Oni-Tiefling two handed fighter is complete.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

No worries.

Another question for you: This tankard. Would I be able to get this as an ancestral item rather than as a weapon?

Well the price is over the spending limit. Were you proposing to start out with a weaker version of the item, and then pay the difference later to 'level it up?'  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

okay, going with the Samurai. Posting her profile. I'll have back story fleshed out asap.

You can only afford a +1 weapon right now due to the spending limit. later on you can spend the additional 6,000gp at a shrine to upgrade it.

you seem to have forgotten about the human's bonus skill point at each level.

by my calculations, your HP should be 32, not 55

also, there's the favored class bonus. for each level of samurai you take, you get 1 HP or 1 skill point  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:16 pm
Kowsauni
iLL iNTENT

Ok fixed the skill issue by moving two points from wisdom to intelligence and added her background information. Takara the Oni-Tiefling two handed fighter is complete.

Looks good.

Also, I hadn't thought of tieflings when I was making the race list, so I adjusted it a bit. I'll refer to tieflings as onikin in the campaign, and half-orcs will be known as half-onikin  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:06 am
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

You can only afford a +1 weapon right now due to the spending limit. later on you can spend the additional 6,000gp at a shrine to upgrade it.

you seem to have forgotten about the human's bonus skill point at each level.

by my calculations, your HP should be 32, not 55

also, there's the favored class bonus. for each level of samurai you take, you get 1 HP or 1 skill point

original HP ws set to 30, then 35 with my 5 levels of favoured class. Must have done averages wrong. I'll change it to 37. As for the money, isnt a +1 1 or 2k, +8k to make it keen? I'd be dumping it all into one item, but I'd be fine with that... 500 other casual costs? Or did I do my math wrong once again?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:20 am
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

No worries.

Well the price is over the spending limit. Were you proposing to start out with a weaker version of the item, and then pay the difference later to 'level it up?'

Thinking more on the lines of having it start out as an inherited item from my family, and have its potential unlocked throughout the campaign. Just wanted to run it by you before I add it.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:33 pm
First going to ask, if I can build a Blood God Disciple Synthesist Summoner?

Second, If the first gets an okay, Can I take Natural Spell, to allow me to cast somatic spells as a quadruped or Serpentine? Or am I stuck with a biped build?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff