Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:43 pm
User Image
                                                    Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                    My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                    I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose clapped her hands, nodding. "All right then, lemme grab this woman real fast and I can give you a quick interview." She smiled when Nell came in and said she was going to steal her away. Rose blushed a bit and inclined her head toward Kyla and the other customer. "Well, if you don't mind waiting for a bit, we can grab lunch as soon as I can close the place for a break." She then turned her attention to Alessandra and gave the woman a nod. "All right! Hello, and what can I get you today? I personally suggest the banana split we have, unless you're more into baked goods, in which the chocolate chip cookies just cameout of the oven not too long ago."

════════════════════════
                                                    Location: Florean Fortescue's
                                                    Thinking: Wow, someone wants to work here?
                                                    Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                    But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                    Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Bubo and Peaches

SummerIsles

mrs-lestrange

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:03 pm
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Where the hell is that shop?

Alessandra heard the shop keeper talking to her. "Yes you can help me" Alessandra said. "I just wondering if you sell anything french. As I miss home and I fee like something french." She said to the girl with a small smile. Alessandra was thinking that she may end up moving back France instead of going back to Egypt.

OOC: Free for interaction, Sorry for short post

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:32 pm
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kчlα cσllíns
hσgwαrts hufflєpuff αlumní

'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Kyla smiled when Rose said that she'd get an interview, still smiling as she tried to disengage herself from her girlfriend. she remembered the two now, from when she was in school. Both were Hufflepuffs, like her. She blinked when the other woman asked about French ice cream. Kyla'd never heard about French ice cream before, but hey, it was up to Rose to handle. Glancing around, she spotted an empty table and sat down to wait for Rose. She smiled happily, practically bouncing in the seat.

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Diamond Wales

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at Florean's with Desi, Zach and Kyla
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, guess Rose isn't here right now. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

w h є n є v є r , w h є r є v є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє t σ g є t h є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє t h є r є αnd чσu'll вє n є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          αnd t h α t ' s thє dєαl, m ч d є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide stepped into the ice cream shop with a faint grin on her lips, one toddler sitting on her hip and the other's hand grasped in her own. Desiree clung to her mother's shirt, not entirely happy about being out of the house. Unlike her brother, who was much more outgoing, the little girl did not like leaving home, and did not like strangers. Desi let out a fussy little sound, burying her face against her mother's shoulder and muttering something Ada couldn't quite make out against the fabric. "Desi, don't you want to see Auntie Rose?" the blonde asked, tone soft and cooing, a clear attempt at manipulating the child. Desi's head turned, and she stared up at her mother with wide blue eyes, her interest clear. After a second, she glanced around the shop, and, realizing where they were, asked, "Ice cream?" Ada chuckled at her daughter, nodding. "Yes, sweetheart, ice cream," she said with a roll of her eyes. At the confirmation, Zach began tugging on her hand to pull her to the counter, expression adamant. The mother's indulgent expression was obvious as she allowed the boy to pull her along behind him.

spaceWhen they came to the counter, she realized that Rose was no where to be found at the moment, but recognized the girl currently on shift. "Kyla!" she said, grinning at the young woman. "Hi! Are you working for Rose? I haven't seen you in ages, it feels like." Actually, that wasn't too far off the mark; Ada hadn't seen the younger girl since she'd graduated in 2025... which had been four years ago, almost five. Holy crow. Then again, she supposed the passage of time shouldn't astound her so much, given that she presently had her two-year-old children in tow. Merlin, had it really been that long since she'd graduated? Then again, it had only been four years and some months, and yet she had two-year-old twin children... Apparently that could be something of a shock when people saw her for the first time since school. Well, it wasn't as though it'd happened on purpose, anyway. Not that she was complaining; her kids were rather adorable. And her husband was, too.

spaceFrom her spot on her mother's hip, Desiree's eyes narrowed at the woman behind the counter, who was most certainly not her Aunt Rose. The toddler pulled a face, then once again buried her face against her mother's shoulder. Zach, meanwhile, was too busy looking at all the various ice cream flavors to care overmuch about the stranger in his aunt's shop. He let out a string of gibberish that Ada couldn't even begin to try and follow, but apparently his sister understood; the little girl looked down at her brother, still frowning, and replied in kind.

spaceAda shook her head at the pair, bouncing Desiree on her hip and smiling at Kyla. "Oh! Uh, these are my kids, Desiree and Zachary! Desi's a little shy. So! How've you been? What've you been up to?" she asked, curious. Ada knew that she hadn't exactly kept in touch with many people since graduating. She'd been sort of wrapped up in Chris for the first year or so, and then she'd been busy being pregnant, and busy being a mother since then. Between her husband, her kids, and her job, she didn't have much time for anyone, unless they happened to stop by her flat. Hell, half the reason she'd stopped by the ice cream shop today was because she'd come to Diagon for some shopping and thought it'd be nice if the kids got to see Rose for once. Also because she'd wanted ice cream, and figured her kids should get a little treat for having to go out shopping with their mum. Normally she'd have left them at home with Pumpkin, but she did like to give the House-elf a break every now and again. It was only fair.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut l σ u d , sαч ít α g α í n
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σ n є m σ r є t í m є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll l í v є l σ s t ín mч є ч є s

User Image

(( OOC: ))

SummerIsles

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

It had been a rather slow day, but then again, it usually was, except during the summer months. Kyla's shift was almost over and she was relieved for that. Then the door opened. The girl straightened up, taking her elbows off the counter. Kyla looked at the blond woman who entered the shop with two children for only a few seconds before she remembered who it was. A wide smile split the young woman's face as they approached the counter. "Ada Blythe! It's been too long! Though, I imagine it's not Blythe anymore, is it?" She smiled and winked, then looked at the little children that she was introducing. "Aren't you two just the cutest?! Oh my gosh, Ada, they're adorable!" She wiped her hands on her apron and then straightened up again, still smiling. "Oh, yes. I've been working for Rose for a couple months now. It's nice. Easy. I've... uh... kinda been doing with my life. Still trying to make a break into the magizoology field, but Nell said she was going to help me with that. How've you been? Who's the lucky man?" She smirked and winked again. Kyla was always the flirty one, with just about everyone she met, so a comment like that was normal from her.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{By the way, I love the Firefly gif in your signature. biggrin }

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at Florean's with Desi, Zach and Kyla
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, guess Rose isn't here right now. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

w h є n є v є r , w h є r є v є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє t σ g є t h є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє t h є r є αnd чσu'll вє n є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          αnd t h α t ' s thє dєαl, m ч d є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide flushed faintly when Kyla noted that her last name was no longer Blythe, a fact that still baffled her at times even though she'd been married for... Merlin, almost two years. Their anniversary was in November. Dear gods, how had that happened? She felt like it'd been barely a blink ago that she'd been walking down the aisle. And barely a blink before that, she'd been in labor. Still, she grinned at the other woman. "No, it's not," she answered with a grin, nose crinkling in amusement. She really never did get tired of pointing out that she was married. Then again, looking at who she was married to, she was pretty sure it was understandable. Who wouldn't want to brag about that?

spaceWhen Kyla spoke to the twins, Desi responded with a horrified sort of squeak, hands tightening in her mother's blouse again and trying to hide. A single blue eye could be seen, peering at the blonde woman. Again, her brother let out a string of what, to Ada, was utter nonsense, but Desi understood every word of it. The toddler looked down at her brother for a long moment, then replied. Ada listened in faint amusement as the pair had a brief conversation, and then Desi was wriggling in her arms to be put down. The mother obliged, setting her daughter down on the floor next to her brother. "Hands, you two," she told them firmly, nodding in approval when they linked hands together. She then returned her attention to her former housemate, smiling. "I'm somewhat partial to them myself," she said, smiling in amusement. Well, she was supposed to be, after all. Obviously no kids were cuter than her kids. Especially considering they both took so much after Chris. His dark hair and bright blue eyes... adorable. Briefly, she wondered if Gearvin had any baby pictures sitting around in a photo album... That was certainly worth asking about.

spaceShe was glad to hear that Nell was going to help Kyla get into the field she was interested in, and that she at least didn't hate working in the ice cream shop in the meantime. "I'm sure Nell'll mange to get you right where you want to be," she said encouragingly. Nell had been fortunate enough to get into the field straight away, though Ada thought that might've had something to do with her having worked at The Magical Menagerie for two summers before they'd graduated. She was pretty sure Siobhan had put in a good word for the Scot when she'd applied. But, now Nell could do that for Kyla, so it all would work out, she was sure.

spaceThe blonde's question about 'the lucky man' drew another blush, and a silly, twitterpated sort of grin. "Oh, uh. Chris. Christopher Whitethorne. He, uh, didn't attend Hogwarts," she said, figuring that saying so saved Kyla from wondering why she'd never heard of or met this guy before. "Do you remember Eretria, from Slytherin? Maybe not, she was a year ahead of me, two ahead of you. Chaser for the Quidditch team. Anyway, he's her older brother. One of them... Apparently twins run in the family," she added with a chuckle, glancing at her own twins as she spoke. The pair were still engaged in conversation with one another, hands swinging between them as they prattled on in what was only a language to the two of them.

spaceShe rolled her eyes faintly at the kids. "Desi, Zach. Why don't you figure out what you want, hm?" she asked, though she was already pretty sure of what they'd pick out. Desi would more than likely want the strawberry, maybe the peach. Zach would want chocolate. But, she knew better than to assume; you never knew when one of them would decide to be adventurous and want to try something new... and then get upset that she hadn't let them pick something out. Besides, asking them to choose instead of doing it for them would give them some independence. Zach didn't really need it, but Desi tended to cling. Ada had been like that as a child, and she didn't want to have to worry about her daughter feeling the way she had as a child and a teen. The pair wouldn't know what they were choosing, of course, would just point to one they thought looked good and say 'that one,' but still. Letting them choose was important... as long as they didn't go crazy. But, sure enough, Zach declared that he wanted chocolate, while Desi pointed to the pink ice cream with the red chunks of strawberry in it. Typical. "Small bowls, please? And a butter pecan waffle cone for me," she told Kyla. Maybe Desi would be less nervous over the other woman once she'd been given a snack. The toddler did tend to like people who gave her food... come to think of it, she took after her mother rather a lot, didn't she?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut l σ u d , sαч ít α g α í n
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σ n є m σ r є t í m є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll l í v є l σ s t ín mч є ч є s

User Image

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Thank you X,3

SummerIsles

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

The name Whitethorne stuck in her mind and she quickly struggled to remember the girl in question. Eretria... she vaguely remembered the girl. They hadn't been friends, but she'd seen her in passing. But... if he hadn't gone to their school, then either he had gone to Durmstrang or he was squib. Either way... intriguing. Kyla smiled, then nodded when Ada put in her order for her and the kids. "I'm about to get off my shift, if you want to sit and catch up a little bit?" she asked as she started doling out small bowls for the children. Placing them on the counter, she fetched the waffle cone order for the mother herself. "I remember Eretria. So, did your husband go to another school? Or was he a Squib? I've always thought squibs were pretty cool. The best of both worlds, ya know?" She handed the young mother the cone after she'd finished making it, then smiled happily, leaning on the counter.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:48 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXUser Image

New Lord Moineau BernardSingle Knower of Occulumency ♋Illegitimate Nott ♚ Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi was trying and probably failing to stop glaring at everything in his path as he took a seat at a table without buying anything which probably bothered the woman behind the counter but he couldn't find it within him to care. When Steffi had threatened to give him a blind date he had taken it with a grain of salt and the whinging of a mad woman who just didn't want him diving off the wagon into alcoholism. But to have actually been sent a note who and where he would be having it was a bit far, even for him. And the kicker was the guy he was apparently meeting didn't even speak. Perfect. He was on a date with someone he wouldn't know from Adam and they would spend the entire forty minutes (because he didn't really see it lasting more than that and if he were really honest he would probably give up way before the halfway point) in complete awkward silence. And then he would take in a quick smoke before apparating home to a bunch of mother henning house elves who decided to try and stuff him silly in the absence of his drinking. Because really, getting fat was way better than being drunk. He supposed that was true in some instances but really all he wanted was a nice tumblr of something with a larger alcohol content than butterbeer. Tobi sighed yet again before tracing random designs on the table surface and contemplated if the lecture was worth ordering a rum raisin milkshake.
╚═══════════════════╝

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:54 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxx

Marius really didn't know Jer and Gypsy that well. They were Kas' friends and he was pretty sure that at least Jer had dated Kas at one time as well. He sighed and closed his eyes, pushing Kas from his mind. He would always love the boy but that didn't change the fact that he needed to move on with his life. He stopped in front of the ice cream shop and looked up at the sign. This was definitely the place he was told he had to meet this Tobi person. How awkward was it going to be? Its not like normal people understood his need to not speak. Kas was the only one he'd ever met who had understood that. He sighed and rubbed his face with the palms of his hands. Was he going to regret this? He hoped not. He had told his mother about it and she had all but forced him out of the house to go. She'd even tried to pick out "proper date attire" for him, which had ended in him furiously signing that he was an adult and could dress himself.

As he walked into the shop, he wondered if this man would know sign language... probably not... which is why he'd taken it upon himself to bring a notebook too so he could communicate and it wouldn't just be awkward staring the entire time. He took a deep breath and looked around the tables. Most of them were filled with couples or groups, but in the back corner was a man who fit the description he had been given, sitting alone, looking very sullen. Yep... that was definitely the face of someone who had just had his entire life ripped away from him by a single person. If anything, Marius thought they'd at least have that in common. Although at least with his side of the coin, it wasn't because Kas didn't love him... he'd just died.

He sighed and once again pushed Kas from his mind and walked over to the table and gently put the notebook down in front of him. In it was written "Hi, I'm Marius... are you Tobi? Do you know sign language or no?" He didn't even need a voice to be the most awkward human being on the planet. He sucked. He at least offered a semi-smile to the man, even though he felt like this was the most pointless thing to ever happen.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:19 pm

New Lord Moineau BernardSingle Knower of Occulumency ♋Illegitimate Nott ♚ Lionel

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi looked up anytime someone came through the door and then kicked himself for actually seeming hopeful that it was this Marius person when it only turned out to be someone else, a kid and their haggard looking parent usually. Although apparently it was date night-day, whatever-at the parlor since every table that didn't have a kid had some lovey dovey couple and it made him want to puke and cry simultaneously. He practically bolted out the place when he saw someone walk in that had the exact shade of hair as Bradley. Luckily it hadn't been him but some other guy meeting his date and good Lord how creepy was it that his eyes kept straying to him, like all of a sudden he really would turn into his Raven. And then what? He hadn't figured out what he would say if he ever ran into him after he left, he certainly couldn't know. Especially not on a supposed date. He had just glanced down at his watch for the fifth time in two minutes when someone he missed coming in came over to his table and set a notebook in front of him. He jumped a bit seeing as he had been so lost in his thoughts he missed the guy coming in and looked up at him trying not to be so obvious that he was giving him the once over. He looked nice enough, and his eyes weren't blue which did actually help. "Uh, hi. Yeah I'm Tobi, an' no I don' unfortunately. I do know French though but I don' uh..think it woul' really help with anythin'." Tobi returned the awkward smile with one of his own wondering if he should just walk away and spare the poor guy his presence.
╚═══════════════════╝

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxx

Marius’ smile became slightly less awkward when he saw how awkward this Tobi guy felt too. At least he wasn’t alone in feeling awkward. He sat down at the table and pulled back his notebook to quickly scribble down a message. "I figured you didn’t know it. Most don’t. I don’t think knowing French helps our situation though since the only other language I know is Norwegian." He passed the notebook back to Tobi and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly before writing down another message. "I know its awkward to communicate this way. I’m sorry. my friends Well they aren’t even really my friends… but they think I need to “get back into the game” persay. So they kind of forced me to come and I’m sure they forced you too. But we might as well have a good time if we’re going to be here anyways." He shrugged and glanced at the counter where the sales girl looked rather annoyed that they hadn’t bought anything. He gave her a sheepish grin as well. He didn’t know Jer and Gypsy well enough to really know, but he had a feeling that the crazy couple was totally the type to stalk the blind date to make sure neither party left early.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi guessed he hadn't scared the bloke too much since he took seat and began scribbling another message to him. Maybe he should invest in a BSL book or something. He chuckled at the message though momentarily imagining a crazy conversation in which he only spoke French and he Norwegian. At his second note about his supposed friends saying he needed to get back into dating he let out short bark of laughter because thank God he wasn't the only one with that problem. The friends, not the dating. And he found himself smiling at the bottom where he asked that they just enjoy themselves since they were both thrown together this way. He did have a point. "I know th' feelin' about meddlin' friends you don' hafta say another thin'. Hell, mine didn' even give me a chance ta say no, she sorta sent me a message sayin' to meet you here a few hours ago." he admitted with another chuckle. "An' I agree with enjoyin' ourselves since we're here. So is there anythin' you would want? I was sorta eyein' the milkshakes before you got 'ere." Tobi told him with a sheepish grin and shrug as he went over the flavors. They didn't have rum raisin but the caramel praline crunch sounded pretty good. "Oh, an' my treat. It's th' leas' I could do." the Hufflepuff told Marius with a grin and friendly wink. He hadn't had any flashbacks, his breathing was good, and even his urge for a f** was near nonexistent. Maybe he could do this.
╚═══════════════════╝

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxx

Marius grinned a little bit when he spoke of his own meddling friends. At least they had that in common. He tapped his fingers against the table. It was a nervous habit he’d picked up somewhere. Maybe from Kas? He didn’t remember if Kas had ever had any nervous ticks. It was hard to remember things about him sometimes. It wasn’t that long ago, but it felt like a life time ago sometimes. It was hard to lose someone like that he guessed. He barely remembered his biological parents either. At least he had the comfort of knowing they had loved him. They hadn’t just abandoned him…. They’d been killed. He sighed and ceased the tapping. He needed to stop thinking about such depressing things. Wasn’t he the one that had just said they might as well enjoy this date thing.

He glanced up at Tobi when he mentioned it was his treat and grinned a little bit. His cheeks felt a little bit hot too. What was that? He was a student of durmstrang… a norse man… he didn’t blush. "A milkshake sounds good. I like cookies and cream flavour." He quickly wrote out while trying to shove the blush off his face with sheer willpower of mind. It wasn’t working to well. Why did that even make him blush anyways? He barely knew this Tobi guy. But if he thought about it real hard, in his relationship with Kas he’d always been the one taking care of him. It kind of worked out like that when you fell in love with a dying boy. Was he enjoying the fact that he wasn’t the one taking care of someone else for once in his life? He blinked a couple of times then mentally shrugged it off and wrote another message. "You lost someone recently too didn’t you?" He knew it was a pretty personal question… but those were the kind of questions you asked on dates right? He wasn’t sure. Maybe he just wanted someone he could relate too. Someone who could understand what he was feeling. It was complicated.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:40 pm

╔═══════════════════╗
Tobi's grin widened at the sight of Marius' blush, maybe he still had it whatever "it" was, and nodded at his written order. "Ok, one cookies an cream milkshake comin' up!" He stood up from the table and walked to the short line amazed at how well this random and slightly embarrassing blind date was going. He knew his friends wouldn't have set him up with a complete tosser but he also didn't put it pass them to pay a male escort and make it seem like a date but really to just knock around his bollocks for an evening. Luke in particular seemed to think he really needed to get his rocks off but he just hadn't had the urge. Well ok that was a lie, he was a man, a young one at that, so he sort of always had the urge but the passion behind it was gone. What was the point of trying to have sex with someone if he couldn't cuddle them the morning after? Or make them breakfast? Sure he could do that with a random hookup but it just wasn't the same. Gah, when did his life turn into a Nicholas Sparks book? Now someone he knew was going to die. Eh, with the way things went it might've been Bradley, but he shut down that thinking rather quickly. As hurt and angry he might be with him he couldn't wish that sort of karma. Not on anyone at the moment really. It took him a few seconds to realize that the line in front of him had all but disappeared leaving him next. Tobi gave the woman behind the counter an apologetic look before ordering the two milkshakes, one in cookies and cream and the other caramel praline crunch. As he waited he thought over Marius and the few things he knew about the other guy. He was obviously single but had either been in such a bad relationship that his friends decided to throw him at his train wreck of a life or he was in the same boat as him. Horrible as it sounds he was hoping for the former. When the desserts were ready he paid and grabbed them both and quickly walked back to his table depositing one in front of Marius. "There ya go. Hope ya didn' decide ta run while I wos gone." he joked before looking down at the newest note and blinked. He tried swallowing down the lump that had formed and ended up just taking a small sip of his milkshake instead. "Wow. Really don' pull punches do ya?" Tobi told him with a sad looking smirk. He bit his tongue wondering just how much the other knew of his situation hoping he was just curious instead of actively trying to be an arse. "I did. My fiance actually. We were gonna get married, this year actually but uh...I guess...I guess he didn' wan' t'at anymore. Didn' wan' me either. So he jus' up an' left one day, an' I haven' heard from'em since." he answered, slowly pulling it from where he had attempted to bury it beneath booze and an inconsolable amount of depression. His mouth felt dry all of a sudden so he began to lazily slurp his milkshake un-surprised to find that it was in fact delicious.
╚═══════════════════╝

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxx

Marius smiled when he announced that he would go get them some milkshakes. Maybe he would have fun after all. Even if he didn't know Jeremy and Gypsy that well, they still might have good taste in men. I mean Jer had dated Kas before Marius and so had Gypsy's little brother. The obviously knew what Marius liked... so maybe Tobi would be at least worth a second date. He shrugged to himself. As Tobi stood at the counter waiting for the milkshakes, Mar caught himself staring at him. He was definitely good looking at least, and he seemed kind.

As he returned to the table, Marius suddenly realized how insensitive the question could seem. He didn't mean it like that of course. He was just curious. He had lost someone as well. Although apparently Tobi hadn't lost his fiance to death. Marius wasn't sure which was worse honestly. At least he knew Kas still loved him. He rubbed the back of his head with an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry. Curiosity killed the cat ya know?" He quickly wrote out. "If it makes you feel better I lost someone too. He died though... so I guess its not quite the same." He paused in his writing and glanced up at Tobi curiously. He almost wrote something else, but chose not to do so. He wasn't quite sure they were on that kind of basis yet. His brother had told him he had to be ******** up in the head to fall in love with a dying man. Maybe he was right... Mar kind of wanted to know Tobi's opinion but he also wasn't sure he really wanted to know. He took a sip of his milkshake, making a rather loud slurping noise that only proved to make him blush again. For being a silent person... he ate rather loudly.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash