Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
❀ ℊaians in ℊlitter ❀ new raffle in 4th post!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I'm going to splurge, it'll be on...
  Eye products (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
  Face products (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
  Contour products (blush, bronzer, etc.)
  Lip products (lipstick, gloss, balm, etc.)
  Pizza (supreme, veggie, sausage, etc.)
View Results

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 pm
Hmm, can't remember if I answered these questions or not xd

But I'm bored so either way I'm doing it anyway. emotion_awesome

❀ Have you ever tried a makeup product that did not work out for you? Why not?
oh yes, too many to count. Most of it being that goopy s**t liquid foundation. But that could just be a problem with my face or skin- my skin gets SO friggin dry like a damn desert yet so friggin oily, its ridiculous. (and yes, I've tried every type of moisturizer/ toner/ make up combo I could get my hands on to combat the problem and so far....nothing has worked). Its why I use expensive Bare Minerals, which I am still NOT happy with but works the best so far.

❀ Has anyone ever attempted to criticize your cosmetic choices?
Yes- my best friend laughed her a** off when I attempted a sexy, smokey eye. I looked like I'd been punched in the eye instead. emotion_facepalm

❀ What is one aspect of your face that you absolutely adore?

My eyelashes. I'm a natural redhead, and my eyelashes are red, but they're really long, so when I wear mascara, I don't need false eyelashes. Its about my only facial feature that I do like lol. Good thing this question doesn't ask what I don't like- I've got a laundry list LOL.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:44 pm
What type of makeup would you girls suggest for daily wear?

I just need some simple cover up and nothing fancy.

Anyways, I do love watching tutorials on YouTube:

Here's something for the prom season: Michelle Phan tutorial  

x_tiffany101

Newbie Fatcat

8,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:13 am
That's silly! No one should make fun of someone else for not wearing more makeup. Glitter is, indeed, awesome. smile

Thanks for the tutorial recommendations! biggrin

Lillielle
-pokes head in- I like glitter. eek

People have criticized me all the time for my lack of makeup, the only things I really wear is lip gloss. If I want to be fancy, then I might wear eye shadow and mascara. And probably glitter. Because glitter. emotion_awesome

It's mainly been because laziness in the past, although now it's also because I want to look as androgynous as possible to ease my dysphoria, so... emotion_donotwant

Also, as far as makeup tutorials go...I love her hair-dye tutorials more, and this one has some hilarious glitches (warning for flashy, possibly seizure-inducing bits, but Day to Night Makeup Tutorial.

Oh, and this one. emotion_kirakira Winged Eyeliner Tutorial.

...I really like her. whee

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:15 am
Michelle is indeed awesome! I did try one sampler of her makeup line and wasn't terribly impressed (it was an eyeshadow palette that I returned immediately because the color payoff was sub-par); have you tried any of her stuff? She's also an incredibly talented artist; she wrote mangas in her high school years (there's a recent photo on her Facebook of one page) and it's stunning.

As for your help request, I need a little guidance: What kinds of eyeshadow palettes are you looking for (neutrals, brights, high-end, drugstore), and what kind of concealer do you need (undereye, blemishes)?

Artistic Wizard

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click on her picture to view the video smile

Michelle Phan has got to be my most favorite makeup guru. This is just one of her videos, I like them all D: She creates awesome make-up looks with everyday drug store make-up (But now has her own line of make-up!). Gaaah <3

This also reminds me that I need more make up products. Haven't bought some in a while. Can anyone suggest eyeshadow palettes and conealers that are worth the money?

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:18 am
I've never seen her stuff! Thanks for the lovely recommendation! ^__^

bekaboou
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-KY15Xwk68
I luv luv luv makeup by Annie!!! The music in the background, the results and the way she says it makes me wanting more, and when I need a quick cute makeup look, i got to her!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:21 am
I've never tried Bare Minerals foundation, but my friend swears by it. Do you find that the oiliness and dry combination in your skin is on the same areas, or in different ones (i.e. dry nose/mouth, oily forehead)? Also, have you noticed a trend based on weather, water consumption, food, or hormones/that time of the month? Because it could be any of those,if that's the case.

TMI time: During my time of the month, my skin is clearest. What.

As far as the smokey eye thing: It's definitely a challenge, but there are many fool-proof tutorials that are almost a challenge to screw up and it's a great skill to have (especially if the winged eyeliner is super hard for you to to do, which can be a nice replacement). Quick smokey eye: link! Classic smokey eye: link!

I totally relate to you on the long eyelashes thing! Mine curl nicely, mascara almost never wears them down or makes them smaller, they're black and healthy and long. Great job, genetics. You did well on my lashes.

Madam Chai
Hmm, can't remember if I answered these questions or not xd

But I'm bored so either way I'm doing it anyway. emotion_awesome

oh yes, too many to count. Most of it being that goopy s**t liquid foundation. But that could just be a problem with my face or skin- my skin gets SO friggin dry like a damn desert yet so friggin oily, its ridiculous. (and yes, I've tried every type of moisturizer/ toner/ make up combo I could get my hands on to combat the problem and so far....nothing has worked). Its why I use expensive Bare Minerals, which I am still NOT happy with but works the best so far.

Yes- my best friend laughed her a** off when I attempted a sexy, smokey eye. I looked like I'd been punched in the eye instead. emotion_facepalm

My eyelashes. I'm a natural redhead, and my eyelashes are red, but they're really long, so when I wear mascara, I don't need false eyelashes. Its about my only facial feature that I do like lol. Good thing this question doesn't ask what I don't like- I've got a laundry list LOL.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:25 am
Hi! Welcome to the discussion. smile

I would recommend a light concealer that's got buildable coverage, but it all depends on what your skin type is like, what kind of blemishes/problems you face, etc. Many people trust the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for undereyes, and I personally use the Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer for my blemishes becaues it's super high coverage and industrial in its staying power. I might need some help from the other girls in this thread on great drugstore concealers; I usually stick to high-end in that department solely because of my skin's unique needs.

Have you looked into tinted moisturizers or BB/CC creams? I use the Tarte one, but it's pricey; I know that Olay makes a lovely one, as does Loreal.

x_tiffany101
What type of makeup would you girls suggest for daily wear?

I just need some simple cover up and nothing fancy.

Anyways, I do love watching tutorials on YouTube:

Here's something for the prom season: Michelle Phan tutorial

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:47 pm
Hello everyone. I was wondering if I could get some advice about skin care here.
I have been looking for a really gentle facial cleanser as my skin is extremely
sensitive. All the products that I have tried so far has either made my skin
red, made my acne worse, or left my skin with a burning sensation. I'm not sure
if I'm allergic to certain chemicals or what could be causing the symptoms. But
I was wondering if you have any products that you could recommend? I have
tried products from Philosophy, First Aid Beauty, and Shiseido. Thanks in
advance for any advice. I'd really appreciate it.  

SpyFoxy

Junipersweet

Tipsy Tipper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:48 pm
SpyFoxy
Hello everyone. I was wondering if I could get some advice about skin care here.

Oh no! Really? Shiseido hasn't work for you? A couple of my friends swear by their extra gentle clenser. I'm surprised it hasn't worked well for you sad . It sounds like you've tried them all but have you tried Neutrogena's ? They're probably the cheapest brand you've looked at thus far but if nothing else works, I'd talk to a dermatologist. They'd know best biggrin .  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:50 pm
Have you ever tried a makeup product that did not work out for you? Why not?
Too many to count! Mostly concealers and foundations... I don't really have $40+ to shell out every month to get one pale enough for my skin tone, and I'm not even THAT pale.
I'm currently using a Rimmel London concealer that's ~about~ the correct shade. I just wish there was one lighter so that I can actually hide my dark circles!
I look like I have perpetual black eyes.

Has anyone ever attempted to criticize your cosmetic choices?
From "you wear too little" to "you wear too much," I've heard it all. *rolls eyes*
All that matters is that I like how I look!

What is one aspect of your face that you absolutely adore?
Urm... Huh. I have an intense love/hate relationship with my eyebrows, so I've got to say the length of my lashes.
At my last job I had several women ask me where I had my eyelash extensions done... sweatdrop
My cheekbones are okay, too.

soft smol strawbee

Naughty Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Expert Skill 150

Violette Cielle

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 pm
ooh new questions

Umm i bought some cheap lip gloss that attracted bees once when i wore it lol.

It's usually that i'm not wearing enough make up, but it doesn't bother me, i don't like heavy make up, it's uncomfortable and i live in a hot climate and i get sweaty easily, so light or no make up works for me.

Hmm, I guess my lips? And my eyebrows when i actually go to the salon to get them neatened up haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:48 pm
Hi! Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I use Clinique's products because they're hypoallergenic, reliable, and relatively inexpensive when compared to some other brands on the Market. I also use DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup before washing it with a Clinique cleanser; it does wonders in removing my makeup gently.

SpyFoxy

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:53 pm
Have you ever considered the possibility of purchasing the MAC Face and Body Foundation in White to mix with the lightest drugstore foundation you can find? The MAC stuff is pricey, but if you're only mixing a bit into your foundation with every application, it'll definitely last more than a month. If not, I'm sure that there are some cheaper white foundations out there.

As for your concealer, I think that it might also have to do with your application of the concealer; then again, I don't know how you do it, so perhaps I'm wrong! You want to apply it in a triangle under your eye and onto your cheekbone. This is something I learned only recently.

glowingremains
Have you ever tried a makeup product that did not work out for you? Why not?
Too many to count! Mostly concealers and foundations... I don't really have $40+ to shell out every month to get one pale enough for my skin tone, and I'm not even THAT pale.
I'm currently using a Rimmel London concealer that's ~about~ the correct shade. I just wish there was one lighter so that I can actually hide my dark circles!
I look like I have perpetual black eyes.

Has anyone ever attempted to criticize your cosmetic choices?
From "you wear too little" to "you wear too much," I've heard it all. *rolls eyes*
All that matters is that I like how I look!

What is one aspect of your face that you absolutely adore?
Urm... Huh. I have an intense love/hate relationship with my eyebrows, so I've got to say the length of my lashes.
At my last job I had several women ask me where I had my eyelash extensions done... sweatdrop
My cheekbones are okay, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 pm
Ooo, bees! That sucks. gonk

I totally feel you on the climate thing. I live in the Southern USA, so it's hot and humid here for pretty much half the year. I make sure to buy long-wearing stuff and powder up, but sometimes, at the end of the day, I look and feel super cakey and gross! Air conditioning is my friend.

I actually need to go get my eyebrows done professionally at some point this summer. I haven't done that in a long time, and it would be nice to have a professionally-made shape to maintain for a few weeks.

Violette Cielle
ooh new questions

Umm i bought some cheap lip gloss that attracted bees once when i wore it lol.

It's usually that i'm not wearing enough make up, but it doesn't bother me, i don't like heavy make up, it's uncomfortable and i live in a hot climate and i get sweaty easily, so light or no make up works for me.

Hmm, I guess my lips? And my eyebrows when i actually go to the salon to get them neatened up haha.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:45 pm
For peops who go all day and need make up that can keep up with them without looking all oily/ cakey/ whatever- try dabbing your face with rice paper/ blotting paper. Its what I do when I'm at work- My make up won't last through a 10 hour shift and by then end I look like... gonk gonk gonk so I'll dab at my face- it doesn't really help with my make up, but it at least gets rid of the excess oil and tones down the cakey look. Starbucks napkins also work xd rofl rofl

Anyone every try this? Did it work for you?

Oh, and speaking of eyebrows- do you pluck? Wax? Thread? I've been strapped for cash so I've just been plucking myself. But when I have the funds, I love getting my eye brows waxed. I find it very relaxing- I love feeling the warm wax spread, but I don't feel it when they rip the paper off. My mother usually jumps a mile high when she gets her eyebrows done, but I sit there and start to fall asleep. rofl

As for threading- never tried it but I heard its painful. But then, waxing is supposed to be painful, too, and I actually like it.  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff