Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Against Oblivion. (3.5 D&D, Game is dead ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat

I'll get to work on my SUPER MEGA BATTLE SORCERER next

Are you still going to work that up or just sticking with your paladin cleric

In trying to figure out how it works, I've started to like making it a Gestalt less and less.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:05 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

In trying to figure out how it works, I've started to like making it a Gestalt less and less.

I know it takes a little more time and effort but the character's are always superb.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:09 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

I know it takes a little more time and effort but the character's are always superb.

True; just one is enough for me to build, though. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:14 pm
So I finally got that map I mentioned posted it's a kind of crappy picture of it but it's all I got until I get done moving and get the new version I was working on out and finished.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:40 am
A 3.5 game? My interest is peaked. I noticed mention of Gestalt Character as well, so further interested. Didn't read the whole 7 pages of what's been said so far but intend to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:49 am
purest_heart
A 3.5 game? My interest is peaked. I noticed mention of Gestalt Character as well, so further interested. Didn't read the whole 7 pages of what's been said so far but intend to.

It's mostly just us asking character specific stuff. The main points I found were the array stat block available (18, 16, 16, 14, 14, 12), don't roll for hp you take the max of the highest hit dice and that you always take the better of the two classes.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:37 pm
purest_heart

If you're going to play please try to get your character ready by Tuesday if it's possible because I would like to start by then. Feel free to ask me anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 pm
I'm also waiting on a friend who wants to play to get her guild confirmation but she's got her character ready.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm
saint odium
purest_heart

If you're going to play please try to get your character ready by Tuesday if it's possible because I would like to start by then. Feel free to ask me anything.
You do realize that under your rule set for level adjustment I could play a brass dragon wyrmling right? Not saying that wouldn't be fun, in fact it would be insanely fun. But yes for that "unique item" you mentioned. I have several ideas, all stemming into various concepts and what your answer is to the next two questions will determine which character I choose:

Can we "split" the value of the unique item to get multiple such items so long as they are not outside the realm of what we at level 4 would be able to have anyway?

Can I 3 way gestalt? (I like 3 way multiclass characters, sure I'm not as awesome a mage or fighter as THAT guy but hey, I can also disarm a trap or heal my minor wounds or something)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

You do realize that under your rule set for level adjustment I could play a brass dragon wyrmling right? Not saying that wouldn't be fun, in fact it would be insanely fun. But yes for that "unique item" you mentioned. I have several ideas, all stemming into various concepts and what your answer is to the next two questions will determine which character I choose:

Can we "split" the value of the unique item to get multiple such items so long as they are not outside the realm of what we at level 4 would be able to have anyway?

Can I 3 way gestalt? (I like 3 way multiclass characters, sure I'm not as awesome a mage or fighter as THAT guy but hey, I can also disarm a trap or heal my minor wounds or something)

No the unique items are actually plot devices and if I figure what you're saying correctly you basically want to make a almost second edition style multiclass character correct?  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:31 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

Sounds kinky.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:35 pm
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

No the unique items are actually plot devices and if I figure what you're saying correctly you basically want to make a almost second edition style multiclass character correct?
Don't know second ed at all so that's a bad comparison for me. Basically I want to take the gestalt rules to a 3 way multiclass character. I'll have to brush up on those rules as I've never used them (only read through the section once about a year ago) but I think it should be doable.

As for the items, disappointing and intriguing at the same time. How about custom Weapons and armor? They would be considered exotic(both the armor and weapon), thusly requiring feats to use them, and I have the statistics and will happily send them to you for preapproval.

Edit: also so I don't have to bug you with numerous questions, what book was the gestalt rules in?  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:03 pm
Dion Necurat
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

Sounds kinky.

It does  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:07 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

Don't know second ed at all so that's a bad comparison for me. Basically I want to take the gestalt rules to a 3 way multiclass character. I'll have to brush up on those rules as I've never used them (only read through the section once about a year ago) but I think it should be doable.

As for the items, disappointing and intriguing at the same time. How about custom Weapons and armor? They would be considered exotic(both the armor and weapon), thusly requiring feats to use them, and I have the statistics and will happily send them to you for preapproval.

Edit: also so I don't have to bug you with numerous questions, what book was the gestalt rules in?

You can do the three way. The rules are in the unearthed arcana. By chance have you already decided on what you will be making then. This effects your background and the item you will be receiving.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:07 pm
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart
saint odium
purest_heart

Check the SRD, there's a section on it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces