Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings: Cartographers! Game has started! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:10 am
I think... Kakita Seizo is done!

Player: Paidi tou Selini
Name: Kakita Seizo
Clan: Crane
School: Kakita Bushi
Insight: 127
Experience: 38/40
Glory: 1.0
Honor: 6.5
Taint: 0
Heritage:

EARTH: 2
  • Stamina: 2
  • Willpower: 2

WATER: 2
  • Strength: 2
  • Perception: 2

FIRE: 2
  • Agility: 3
  • Intelligence: 2

AIR: 3
  • Reflexes: 3
  • Awareness: 4

VOID: 3
  • Void: 3
  • Current Void Points:

SKILLS
Etiquette (Awareness) - 1
Iaijutsu (Reflexes) - [Focus] - 1
Kenjutsu (Agility) - 1
Kyujutsu (Reflexes) - 1
Sincerity (Awareness) - 1
Tea Ceremony (Void) - 1
Calligraphy (Intelligence) - 1

MASTERY ABILITIES
N/A

ADVANTAGES
Ally (1/*2) - Shosuro Yuki is a childhood friend and one of very few to stick with him through his ordeal. Not long out of her gempukku, she has little to offer him besides a list of questionable skills, but what she does have she gives freely (albeit discreetly).

DISADVANTAGES
Black Sheep (3) - For reasons hidden from polite society, Seizo's family is completely disgusted with him and his actions. He has not been cast out, but he is no longer welcome in his household. He may only maintain proper relations with any member of his family via the Allies Advantage, and he may not advance in school ranks without going to great lengths to find a willing teacher.

Dark Secret (4) - The secret he keeps is far more insidious than his punishment implies. If it is exposed he would surely have to end his life.

Obligation (3) - There is someone to whom he is indebted for the less severe nature of his punishment. Though no method of repayment has been requested, Seizo will still go far out of his way to perform favors and appeasements.

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
School Techniques
The Way of the Crane - The study of the sword demonstrates the many ways in which the art of Kakita’s technique can be applied. He adds twice his Iaijutsu Skill Rank to all Initiative rolls. He also gains a bonus of +1k1 plus School Rank to the total of all attack and Focus rolls while assuming the Center Stance. This bonus also applies during the Combat Round following one in which he assumed the Center Stance.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Light Armor
Sturdy Clothing
Daisho
Han-Kyu
Traveling Pack: Small Tent, Tea Set, Spare Kimono & Sandals x2, Mortar & Pestle, Ink Brush Kit, Paper (5), 50' Hemp Rope, Candle (6), Flint & Steel
Furoshiki Sack
- Presumably Empty, unless carrying his armor
Quiver
- Armor Piercing Arrow x2 (1k1, ignores armor bonus), Willow Leaf Arrow (2k2)
Coin Purse
- 1 bu, 1 zeni

COMBAT
Weapons
Katana - 4k3 - 5k2 - Medium - Can spend up to one void point to increase damage by +1k1
Wakizashi - 4k3 / 3k3 (unskilled) if thrown - 4k2 - Medium - May be thrown up to 20'.
Han-Kyu - 4k3 - Strength 1 - Small - Range: 100'. Attack rolls on horseback suffer +10 TN.

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 25 (3Air x 5 + 5 + 5armor)
Additional Modifiers = Reduction 3, Stealth and Athletics TN +5

Initiative
4k3 + 2

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/10
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/4

DESCRIPTION
Seizo is every bit the graceful Crane society has come to expect from his family. Standing an average 5'2" with an almost frail, effeminate-looking frame, his slim/athletic build accents a perfect look of almost enchanting beauty. Moonlight skin sits softly beside perfectly bleached strands of long white hair in the Crane style, and serene pools of blue eyes disguise the deadly grace within. Every move he makes or word spoken is concise, almost poetic in efficiency with not an ounce of energy wasted. Perfection in all things; that is the Kakita way. And Seizo is every bit its model (perhaps even too much so, in a desperate attempt to hide the Dark Secret behind those solemn eyes).

BACKGROUND
~WIP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 am
As far as family goes, it's a bit tricky given Oharu's write up.

Given that most Rokugani start training when they're eight and end when they're fifteen-sixteen, Oharu would've began training in the Tsuruchi school in roughly 1157 and left it in 1165.

To me, it feels like Oharu was arranged to marry into the Mantis, trained by the Mantis, and then swore fealty to the Kitsune family when they were subsumed by the Mantis Clan. The greater portion of her life has been that of a Mantis.

Meanwhile Hikaru has been trained more or less as a pure Kitsune by this point. His siblings lived and died as members of the Fox Clan and he spent the great part of his early training learning what made the Fox Clan special.

It could be viewed as a matter of indoctrination. Oharu, who has lived most of her life as a Mantis would favor the Mantis above the Kitsune family. While Hikaru who was heavily invested in the Fox Clan would view things differently.

Still, Hikaru is a samurai of the Kitsune family and for the time being a member of the Mantis clan. He is loyal to the Empress, his family, and his clan. If by some extreme merit, he should be given a boon by the Empress, we all know how he will use it.

Anyrate, my two zeni.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:55 pm
That basically tallies with my impressions of her, yeah; she's lived among Mantis and fought besides Mantis much of her life, and since the Fox's traditions primarily have to do with magic, she was shut out of a lot of them.

I actually think it would be completely amazing if the Fox Clan got reinstated, since then she has to make a seriously difficult choice about whether she goes with blood or marriage and school ties.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:09 pm
I'll be finishing my sheet this weekend, hopefully.

And I'll be drawing a picture of my bushi, while I'm trapped on a 2-day trip to the middle of nowhere without internet or even a computer~!
WOO....... Yeaaaaaah........

Someone save me. Please. TTvTT  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm
Rain Yupa
Future plans of Jade Legacy

The point of the chapter you got stuck in was to find something. Heichi Miko, younger sister of the Boar Daimyo all those centuries ago, was summoning characters one at a time back, since the 'portal' was opened by Agasha Ryuden shortly before. Ryuden had left his companions in the area, because the presence of life was required to keep the portal open.

You had three days to 'get it right'. In the present, those left would have had to hold the area versus the cultists and against Daigotsu Matsusuke (though you wouldn't know of any 'Daigotsu' family yet; they were just forming). Matsusuke would try to take the role of commander here, as he had the Soft Hearted disadvantage. Despite being a horrendous killing machine, his goal was to drive you out. Leaving behind your friends would have basically caused them to be captured when/if they returned. Could only two of you have held off such a pressing assault? What costs were you willing to pay?

In the past, Ghost Miko was trying to show you something. The point of the past half of it was to show you that history was immutable. You did not truly exist at that time, and you were not involved in the slaughter of the Boar (one way or another). Miko steals a scroll from Ryuden and hides is before she is captured, and she is forced to watch the slaughter of her clan one by one to try to break her and tell him where it is. However, the Shakoki Dogu are awakened by the ritual and start stealing away the few surviving Boar. Miko is killed, but her soul was still taken by the Shakoki Dogu rather than allowed to pass on to the afterlife or before it was merged with the anvil.

She persists in the place of Shiro Heichi, her soul stuck in the moment it just left her body, and as such she haunts the region. People have come and gone over the centuries, even squatted in the area, but the death of the magistrate and opening of the portal had revived her with power, allowing her to send you back.

As soon as you learned the location of the scroll she stole (even if it was only the first night with Shosuro Miyako by herself), then that chapter would have ended. When you found the scroll, it detailed the ritual Ryuden used to create the Anvil of Despair. With this information, one could probably find a way to destroy it... or create a new one. Either way, with Kaiu Kagae would have bonus experience for his Higher Purpose since he would probably be the one best able to make sense of the scroll, and learn some smithing techniques from it.

The immediate future

Your next mission would have taken you to Unicorn lands, to meet a very young Akasha, being tutored my Iuchi Gemmei (from Act 1!), the first returning face. The main plot of this one is that there was a second golden pearl kept by the Naga before they returned to their Great Sleep, and Akasha had strong premonitions that it was danger. With Terei's and Good's characters, you would have gone to Shinomen Mori to a Naga temple (that you could only enter and explore in Yume-do!). Here, the person who won that tournament I held would have gotten their magical item.

The party finds a couple thieves as they have looted the temple, and as everyone awakes, they get away, and you have to chase them to Ryoko Owari Toshi where they no doubt seek to make a profit of their ill-gotten gains, including the second golden pearl!

It becomes a four-way race between the band of professional ronin graverobbers, a yakuza-esque criminal cartel, and a Mirumoto treasure hunter, as well as you guys. How well could you maneuver through the city of masks and lies to steal back something of great importance to an entire race?

Far future plot hooks

When Bayushi Kojiro returns home after that chapter, he finds out that Bayushi Koyuki, his wife, is FURIOUS with him. He soon learns that killing that peasant in the tea house in Act 1 in Crane Lands caused a bit of political backlash, and his newborn son is fostered into the Crane as recompense for his deeds.

Beyond that, Ujina Denbe would have been caught up in a Hare chapter where his clan and especially his immediate family is accused of Maho by the Scorpion and attacked, causing inter-party conflict.

Storylines I planned to cover...

The Mystery of the Disappearing Crane - All the pretty Crane men have been disappearing in Kyuden Doji! The primary NPC of this one was someone I intended for Kagae to marry; a Plain Jane of Crane. She had so very little to offer and was double anti-social, but had been given a nemurani by a maho tsukai that trapped souls in print if she wrote about it. She would get crushes on pretty boys, write about them, and they would vanish in the night. Who amongst you would have been willing to be written into the diary to save all those hunky men trapped within?

The Tale of the Creeping Estate - The home of a wealthy Lion seems to have become possessed. The entire home. It destroys parts of itself to rearrange it's layout and effectively 'move'. As it encounters more buildings, it devours its pieces, making itself into a larger building capable of faster destruction. HOW DO YOU STOP A HOUSE?

The Voyage of the Ship of Mist - While traveling to Mantis lands, you find a ghost ship has been assaulting other Yoritomo vessels on the high seas. However, as you attempt to track it down and find the source of the phenomena, you'll learn more is going on involving the crew of this ship than you might have ever guessed...

Blood and Venom - This is the Scorpion story I had planned, where the Scorpion and the Hare would have a conflict. Denbe's older brother would have been taken prisoner, and they arrest Denbe as a maho-tsukai. They attempt to torture him to get him for information. They tell him they know he's not the maho-tsukai of his clan, but they do have undeniable evidence that he's harboring one who is, and they try to get that information from him in a 1984 manner.

Meanwhile, while the rest of the players are trying to clear his name, they learn that the Hare have been set-up by a real Maho Tsukai not amongst their number, and they have to track this person down to prove the Hare's innocence. But they would learn that Soshi Maru had a hand in the events involved as well. What roles would Maru and her yojimbo, Shosuro Naizen, play in this story? Just how deeply were they involved?

That's all I have memorized; the rest is written down, and I do not seem to be able to find the papers sad

And Plainsfox just reminded me. One story arc is about either Doji Kita, Seppun Benjiro, OR Kuni Raicho being killed. I know which of the three would have died, and why, but that's a secret I'm taking to my grave.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 pm
All right, I have a basic idea of his description, but I'll mess with that later. I really suck at inventing background before I ever play the character, though. Usually the personality as it begins to express itself in roleplay starts informing me of the character's past.

I had to go back and forth a couple times, since I saw a couple rule differences. The biggest one in my eye being the fact that Defense Skill doesn't affect Armor TN at all if the character isn't in a defensive stance.

Character Sheet
Player: WhimsicalXellos
Name: Hida Victor
Clan: Crab
School: Hida Bushi 1
Insight: 130
Experience: 40/40
Honor: 3.5
Taint: 0.0
Heritage: Forbidden Family Knowledge of Gaijin Pepper.

EARTH: 3
  • Stamina: 3
  • Willpower: 3

WATER: 2
  • Strength: 3
  • Perception: 2

• Agility: 2

AIR: 3
  • Reflexes: 3
  • Awareness: 3

VOID: 2
  • Void: 2
  • Current Void Points: 2

SKILLS
*Athletics/Strength - 1
*Defense/Reflexes - 2
*Heavy Weapons/Agility (Tetsubo, Ono) - 2
*Intimidation/Awareness - 1
*Kenjutsu/Agility - 1
*Lore: Shadowlands/Intelligence - 1
*Polearms/Agility - 1
Craft: Explosives/Intelligence - 1

MASTERY ABILITIES
NA

ADVANTAGES
-Large – I'm over 6' tall and get +1k0 to Damage Rolls with large melee weapons (-3)
-Forbidden Knowledge: Gaijin Pepper – I gain a rank of Craft: Explosives and a small pouch of gaijin pepper (-4)

DISADVANTAGES
-Bad Eyesight – -1k1 to ranged attacks and Perception-based rolls (+3)
-Gaijin Name – My individual dice may only explode once on a Social Skill Roll (+1)
-Lechery – Temptation (Seduction) rolls against me get +1k1 (+2)
-Jurojin's Curse – -2k0 to resist poison and disease (+3)

-The Way of the Crab – I ignore TN penalties for wearing heavy armor for all skills except Stealth. I also gain +1k0 to the Damage Rolls for Heavy Weapons.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Heavy Armor
Sturdy Clothing
Daisho
Ono
Traveling Pack: blanket, bottle of shochu, bottle of water, chopsticks, coin purse, smoking pipe, spare kimono and sandals, week's rations, whetstone, wide-brimmed straw hat, small pouch of gaijin pepper
3 koku

COMBAT
Weapons
Ono - Agility/Heavy Weapons - 4k2 - 5k4 dmg

Armor
Armor TN = 5 + 15 + 10 armor = 30
Reduction = 5

Initiative
Insight/Reflexes - 4k3

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/15
NICKED (+3): 0/6
GRAZED (+5): 0/6
HURT (+10): 0/6
INJURED (+15): 0/6
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/6
DOWN (+40): 0/6
OUT (+N/A): 0/6

DESCRIPTION
WIP

BACKGROUND
WIP

XP Breakdown
Disadvantages
Bad Eyesight +3
Lechery +2
Jurojin's Curse +3

Advantages
Large -3

Traits
Willpower -12
Reflexes -12
Awareness -12

Skills
Defense -2
Heavy Weapons -5
Ono Emphasis -2

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 pm
The number of party members with the Lechery disadvantage is getting worrisome.
We're like some sort of samurai swinger party.
razz  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 pm
Yeah. I'm figuring that Hikaru's poor servant will wind up hiding behind him for most of the campaign.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 pm
The yoritomo hasn't got it and it has only been seen by two so far till Rain gives it the okay.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 pm
So far I count 7 of us, as the following (general count by my hand)

Kitsune Hikaru - Mantis - Plainsfox
Yoritomo Something-or-Other - Mantis - Mongooseh
Kitsune Oharu - Mantis - Joseph Severn

Agasha Something-or-Other - Phoenix - xX_Terei_Xx
Hida Katsurou - Crab - WhimsicalXellos
Kakita Seizo - Crane - Paidi tou Selini
Daidoji Kasumi - Crane - Myself

Looks like Mantis have the majority so far, with Crane coming second, followed by Phoenix and Crab taking equal third place.  

BegrudginglyGood

xX_Terei_Xx rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 4, 6, 6, 7 Total: 33 (6-60)

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am
I'mma use this time to roll for Heritage ovo/

[Sheet Updated again]

Player: xX_Terei_Xx
Name: Agasha Jun
Clan: Phoenix Clan
School: Shiba Bushi School
Insight: 133/150
Experience: 40/40
Honor: 5.5
Taint: N/A
Heritage: Mixed Blessing: Somewhat Renowned Shugenja Ancestor
Birthday: Rat 6

EARTH: 2
  • Stamina: 2
  • Willpower: 2

WATER: 3
  • Strength: 3
  • Perception: 3 (+1 for Family)

• Agility: 3 (+1 for School)

AIR: 2
  • Reflexes: 2
  • Awareness: 2

VOID: 3
  • Void: 3
  • Current Void Points: 3

SKILLS
    Defense (Reflexes) – 1
    Etiquette (Awareness) – 2
    Investigation (Perception) – 1
    Kenjutsu (Agility) - [Katana/No-dachi] – 3
    Kyujutsu (Reflexes) – 1
    Meditation (Void) - [Void Recovery] – 2
    Perform: Flute (Agility) – 1
    Spears (Agility) – 1
    Theology (Intelligence) – 1

MASTERY ABILITIES
    Kenjutsu: Rank 3: Damage + 1k0

ADVANTAGES
    Touch of Yume-Do (5): Regain all Void points with 4 hours of rest, instead of 8 hours.

DISADVANTAGES
    Bad Fortune [Evil Eye] (3): Heterochromatic eyes.
    Bad Fortune [Secret Love] (3): Stalker that’s willing to harass others in order to be with you.
    Can’t Lie (2): Physically can’t lie and must succeed in Willpower TN 20 to avoid correcting the lies of others.
    Lechery (2): +1k1 to an opponent’s Temptation (Seduction) rolls against you.

Rank 1: The Way of the Phoenix
        When spending a Void Point to gain +1k1 on a roll, you may choose to spend 2 to gain +2k2 instead. You may Guard as a Free Action, though doing so only adds +5 to your target’s Armor TN, instead of +10.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
    Currency: 1 koku | 3 bu | 9 zeni
      Light Armor
      Sturdy Clothing
      Daisho (Katana, Wakizashi)
      No-dachi
      Traveling Pack
        (Bottle of sake, Chopsticks, Instrument [Flute], Pet [Songbird] (Snow Bunting),
        Pillow Book, Sake Cup, Small Hand Mirror, Smoking Pipe, Sweets)

Finger of Jade
    Flint and Steel
    Small Knife (Grooming)
    Umbrella
    Netsuke (red feather necklace)
    Travelling Cloak

COMBAT
Weapons
    Katana – Attack: 6k3 - Damage: 6k2 - [Medium, Samurai] – May spend one Void point to increase damage by +1k1. (Emphasis) Reroll 1s once
    No-dachi – Attack: 6k3 – Damage: 6k3 – [Large] – (Emphasis) Reroll 1s once
    Wakizashi – Attack: 6k3 - Damage: 5k2 - [Medium,Samurai] – May be thrown up to 20’ as ranged

Armor
    TN To Be Hit = 20 {Air(2) x 5 + Armor (5) + Other (5)}
    Other Modifiers = Reduction 3 (Armor)

Initiative
    3 k 2

Wounds
    HEALTHY (+0): 0/10
    NICKED (+3): 0/4
    GRAZED (+5): 0/4
    HURT (+10): 0/4
    INJURED (+15): 0/4
    CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
    DOWN (+40): 0/4
    OUT (+N/A): 0/4

DESCRIPTION
    Jun is of average height with black hair that he keeps in a ponytail. His right eye is black, while his icy blue left eye is covered by his bangs. He has red feathers as accents in his outfit. He wears the Phoenix Clan mon on his back, the Agasha mon on his left, and the Shiba mon on his right. This is to show that he values the charm of a person and leaves the duty of protection to the sword.

Jun is a happy-go-lucky bushi that loves to go with the flow. He's always talking to other people in town, making friends wherever he goes. He says he's looking for his one true love (since his parents have no marriage plans for him), though his behavior doesn't suggest such. Jun likes to be in the arms of women, even though he has no indication of bringing any home to show his parents.
    This may be for the better, however, considering that most romances he has tend to end rather quickly. He has the sinking feeling that it involves his childhood friend Kiriko.

BACKGROUND
    Jun grew up in the southern portion of Phoenix lands, where the Agasha had been given land formerly owned to the Shiba. He is the youngest son of Agasha Kuon and Agasha Lixue (formerly Shiba Lixue) with 3 older brothers and a younger sister.
    Though Jun was born and raised Agasha, his mother insisted that he be trained Shiba. Jun was soon enrolled at a dojo taught by the same man that taught his mother. It was a specialty school that focused on swordplay and that the sword is to be used as a shield for others. Jun was particularly gifted and graduated earlier than most others around his age.
    After his gempukku, Jun was tasked with many jobs that mainly involved being someone's yojimbo for a certain amount of time. And, for a time, it was fun work. Jun got to see the world, someone got to not be killed, and then Jun got to meander back home afterwards like he had all the time in the world.
    Good times, good times.

Jun's parents once told him that the reason they specialize in fighting is from an ancestor of Kuon's. She was a shugenja by the name of Agasha Yukiko and a prized student of Fire magic. She could rain fire on the battlefield with such ease and finesse that it instilled fear into her enemies. Her other magics, however, weren't so great. Water was especially bad, more often failing than not. Not that it mattered, since she was "the representation of fire in the hearts of the Phoenix" or something.
    Jun still has no idea why his ancestor is important, but he respects his parents' wishes and specializes in the sword regardless.

Relations:
    Agasha Kuon - Father
    Agasha Lixue - Mother
    Utaku Yuo - Eldest Brother (married to Utaku Reiha)
    Agasha Ren - Second Eldest Brother (married to Shiba Chieh)
    Agasha Chomei - Third Eldest Brother (engaged to Isawa Yae)
    Agasha Aya - Younger Sister (engaged to Kitsune Bairei)

Agasha Yukiko - Shugenja Ancestor (Good with Fire, Bad with Water)

Shiba Kiriko - Childhood Friend/Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm
Time for audits! Then I shower and feed.

ALSO GOOD NEWS: I ordered Book of Earth and Book of Fire this week. This will be added to allowed sources: Main Rulebook, Book of Air, Great Clans, and Emerald Empire!

Mongooseh

Can I request you remove unused Emphasis tags? It'll be easier to spot the ones you do have without them.

Can you mark your school skills?

Thank you for teaching me that skills can go above "2" for character creation ("3" for school skills); in 4th edition, there's a cap of 4 ranks in a trait or skill though. Good to know!

You need to choose a court for your advantage. Also, Courtiers purchase Darling of the Court for only 1 point.

As such, I have you at 39/40 points.

You need to name your Servant.

You need to calculate your Insight, and show your Experience Spent vs Experience Total (i.e., 39/40).

You needn't type out your Technique but I recommend it for quick reference (at least the important bits). Also note that it was errata'd in (since they forgot to include it but intended it), that Duty Before Honor lets you roll Intimidation with Willpower instead of Awareness.

Your Armor TN is 15 (5 + 5xReflexes now).

To attack, you'll be using 3 Staves + 2 Agility = 5k2 to attack, and 0k2 + Strength = 2k2 damage.

Awaiting description + background.

Would you like to make a roll on the Heritage table?

xX_Terei_Xx

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:00 pm
Mongooseh

Can I request you remove unused Emphasis tags? It'll be easier to spot the ones you do have without them.

Thank you for teaching me that skills can go above "2" for character creation ("3" for school skills); in 4th edition, there's a cap of 4 ranks in a trait or skill though. Good to know!

You need to choose a court for your advantage. Also, Courtiers purchase Darling of the Court for only 1 point.

You need to calculate your Insight, and show your Experience Spent vs Experience Total (i.e., 39/40).

You needn't type out your Technique but I recommend it for quick reference (at least the important bits). Also note that it was errata'd in (since they forgot to include it but intended it), that Duty Before Honor lets you roll Intimidation with Willpower instead of Awareness.

To attack, you'll be using 3 Staves + 2 Agility = 5k2 to attack, and 0k2 + Strength = 2k2 damage.

xX_Terei_Xx

Void Meditation --> Void Recovery, please?

Touch of the Spirit Realms --> Touch of Yume-Do, please?

I have you at 42/40 points. 30 points in Traits, 4 points in emphases, 9 in school skill ranks, 4 in nonschool skill ranks, 5 in advantages, -10 in disadvantages.

After inventory, you should have 5 more zeni.

Can you mark your experience as 40/40?

Fantastic work on your background and family! That's the kind of stuff I like to see! But no talk of your ancestor? sad

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:20 pm
Mongooseh

xX_Terei_Xx"

I have you at 42/40 points. 30 points in Traits, 4 points in emphases, 9 in school skill ranks, 4 in nonschool skill ranks, 5 in advantages, -10 in disadvantages.

Fantastic work on your background and family! That's the kind of stuff I like to see! But no talk of your ancestor? : (

BegrudginglyGood

Your emphasis rerolls only apply to rolls when using a Katana and Bisento, not for any roll with that skill.

Under equipment, can you list "Bisento" in place of "Polearm"? This is free and need not be "purchased" by your starting koku. Unless you want 2 Bisento? o_o

Lovely background, I enjoyed it!

Would you like to make a roll on the Heritage Table?

WhimsicalXellos

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:34 pm
Mongooseh

xX_Terei_Xx"

Fantastic work on your background and family! That's the kind of stuff I like to see! But no talk of your ancestor? : (

BegrudginglyGood

Your emphasis rerolls only apply to rolls when using a Katana and Bisento, not for any roll with that skill.

Under equipment, can you list "Bisento" in place of "Polearm"? This is free and need not be "purchased" by your starting koku. Unless you want 2 Bisento? o_o

Lovely background, I enjoyed it!

Would you like to make a roll on the Heritage Table?

WhimsicalXellos

Jurojin's Curse on a Crab? Ballsy!

Where did you get +5 to your attack roll with your Ono from?

Your experience should be 40/40.

Your Taint rank looks really surprised.

You can add to your background later, but your family would help. Look at Ms. Terei's and Ms. Good's families. It's a start, and family is VERY important to Rokugani.

Would you like to roll on the Heritage Table?

Paidi tou Selini

Joseph Severn

Plainsfox  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out