Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Settlers - Beginning tonight! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm
Rain Yupa
The Number Three
Ha, completed Character Sheet. Enjoy. Thanks to KytanaTheThief for all your help.

Val the Barbarian

You... you have "Agility" as a miscellaneous bonus to Arcana? eek

Speaking of which, you never gained your AC/Reflex bonus from Barbarian Agility. There's two ways to do this: Class bonus to AC and Ref of 1, or simply list it as a Shield Bonus (next to your Armor bonus, above your speed). Both will accomplish the same thing. It's technically NOT a shield bonus, but since you're using a two-handed weapon and are a barbarian, I don't see many shields in your future.

This next one isn't wrong but a matter of preference: I wouldn't list your encounter powers as Quick Look-Up. They won't be hard to figure out later, but there's several reasons: One, you'll get more and there's not enough room for them, and two, I would list a "Melee Basic Attack". You have a leader (the pixie) who can grant you free melee basic attacks, and it'll be handy to look up too whenever you make an opportunity attack. YOU DO NOT NEED TO LIST IT. But I think it would be more useful than listing your encounter powers.

Another suggestion, WHICH IS NOT MANDATORY: You have the Powerful Charge feat that makes your charges better. A Barbarian At-Will you did not take is Howling Strike, which make your charges better too. Just saying.

A +1 Maul does not cost 30 gp, but 360 gp. But it is "free" for character creation. I have you spending 97 gp otherwise, giving you 203 gp left over.

You need to update your XP.

I've said it before, and I'll say it more in the future: You are a monster neutral

"Friendly grin"? *looks at your included picture*

Besides that, everything is dandy! Excellent work!

DM Note to Self: Very few changes needed!

And updated.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm
Plainsfox
Second pass done. I don't have access to the source that gives background benefits.

By "background" I meant your character background, not the mechanical benefits given in PHB2.

Clicking your character sheet, that's exactly what I needed.

Xellos, Good, and Three's sheets are what you should be looking at for "background", in case anyone else has concerns or doubts.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:53 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Damn, well this is my sheet in case anybody drops.

Miya, Changeling Sorc/Paladin

I'm shocked you didn't keep your dice rolls...

If you want to benefit from the +2 Athletics for your background, you kind of need to give me a background sweatdrop

I... don't know if I should ask you to fill in the stats at the top of the sheet. confused

Alignment and XP should be fixed though. Oh, and deity too. Kind of important.

You need to update your language.

I don't see "Rock Armor" as a utility power in any of the books (aside: TOO MANY BOOKS DUDE)

Checking your currency, I think we solved your deity problem sweatdrop

You still need to give me a character background as per my first post.

Fix 'er up and let me see when you're done smile

DM Note to Self: Mostly just fleshing out left.

Yeah sorry, I stopped working on her character sheet when it looked like I wasn't going to get in and haven't had a real chance to pick it back up on account of me working this weekend. Rock Armor is a second level utility presented in Hero's of Elemental Chaos. I don't have that book on hand otherwise I would tell you what page. It is in with the Elementalist/sorcerer section but is usable by all sorcerers. I know my sources are all over but I use the dnd character builder to build all my characters. Its actually quite hard for me to limit myself to just a few books when I have all their published materials at my fingertips. ><  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm
The Number Three
And updated.

DM Note to Self: Perfection  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Kowsauni
Yeah sorry, I stopped working on her character sheet when it looked like I wasn't going to get in and haven't had a real chance to pick it back up on account of me working this weekend. Rock Armor is a second level utility presented in Hero's of Elemental Chaos. I don't have that book on hand otherwise I would tell you what page. It is in with the Elementalist/sorcerer section but is usable by all sorcerers. I know my sources are all over but I use the dnd character builder to build all my characters. Its actually quite hard for me to limit myself to just a few books when I have all their published materials at my fingertips. ><

You gave up hope? What kind of Paladin are you?

So, Background (mechanical AND backstory), XP, Language, Action Point, and you're set.

As for books, I have hard copies, so I had about a half dozen open books stacked on my lap cross-referencing everything. Which I'm sure isn't good for their bindings. Doing what Xellos did for his sheet for sources would help out DMs tremendously.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm
Plainsfox
Second pass done. I don't have access to the source that gives background benefits.

DM Note to Self: Perfection  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm
Rain Yupa
Dion Necurat
Set 1.

2, 6, 5, 6, = 17
4, 3, 4, 4, = 12
2, 1, 6, 3, = 11
2, 4, 6, 5, = 15
5, 1, 3, 1 = 9
3, 6, 4, 2, = 13
5, 2, 2, 5 = 12

kualus457
I guess i'm not going to join this one then

Whichever one of you gets me a character sheet that's at least mostly done gets the last spot!

I'll opt out. I've got too much on my plate anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 pm
Rain Yupa
Thank you for listing book sources for feats/powers! heart

As a note about myself, any erratas that fix broken or poorly worded powers I enforce. Erratas that fix any unfounded player complaints I leave optional (for example, "Magic Missile"). Half-elves have an optional race power instead of Dilettante. If you want to swap out, let me know. (Personally I'd prefer Dilettante 10 times out of 9).

You forgot your Warlock +1 Ref/Will defense bonuses.

I'm curious why you have your quick look up for Con damage as "2d8+"...

Personally, very pleased with your second chosen feat, because not enough people take feats like that!

Yeah, the class defense bonuses is pretty much the only nagging thing!

DM Note to Self: Practically pristine!

Hey, I feel your pain, fellow internet DM. I don't have a Wizard's membership, and hunting all that stuff down is horrifyingly time consuming. (Especially since I do have access to the Dragon 'zines, too.)

If there are erratas that apply to my character, just let me know. I've never looked them up before.

Fixed the defenses, derp.

My only Con attack is one of my Encounters, so I just listed the full damage for it. I tweak all that stuff as needed as the campaign moves along.

Born of the Elements is a prereq feat for a few other feats/paragon paths/epic destinies that I hadn't decided if I wanted yet. But Heroic tier feats are so meh anyway, I figured why not grab it for the extra language. I was going to take Primordial for my bonus, but with the feat, it let me use my bonus for Dwarven, which helped flesh out my background.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 pm
I'm sorry, I don't mean to hold this up but I haven't had a chance to write the back story yet. I should finally have time to get it done tomorrow and catch up on the rest of my posts.

Oh and I will go ahead and take the church, it will be a church of Pelor and will be part of the reason why my character is here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:43 pm
Rain Yupa

Hopefully I got everything. I chose Two Weapon Defense for my bonus feat, and went with magic hide armor as my +1.

Updated the rest, but I've never been good at using the ability workspaces...so the att and dmg bonus' might still be off (probably are).  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm
There's still one spot open.

At this point, even those I asked to volunteer out are eligable.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:10 pm
Rain Yupa

Iris M.D. Nellis [Half-Elf Bard] is available for hire.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:15 pm
Ok, here is the updated sheet, Im not sure what the exp is suppose to be at but I fixed everything else.

Mia, Changeling Sorc/Paladin ]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm
Liquidor
Rain Yupa

Iris M.D. Nellis [Half-Elf Bard] is available for hire.

I'll probably look into the sheet tomorrow.

In the meantime, there's settlement decisions that need to be made! I think it's just you now who needs to pick one more from the list. Pretty sure it's just back a page.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm
Fix'd and clarified.

Xizzix Lilypond 2.0  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items